Void Moons

As someone who has a Void, of course, Moon in the natal chart,& having observed Void moons in several natal charts it seems to me that they can be difficult for the nativity, as well as being negative in the horary & electional charts, as in J Bidens inauguration chart, Could this mean his election will be Voided & come to nothing?
I am aware that there are several interpretations of the condition of Void moons from Hellenistic to modern times but for me, the modern interpretation of no aspect formed until after the moon leaves its current sign seems right.
Winston Churchill had a Void moon & he suffered from the "black dog of depression" & went through his wilderness years. I find the Void moon in natal charts can point to a remoteness with the mother in some way either physically or emotionally. Has anybody noticed the effects of Void moons in nativities?

What constitutes a "feral" body is up for debate in the first place. If the body aspects another planet out of sign I personally do not regard it as VOC, for example. Also, if it is separating from a body, that body might hold its light and have a lot of control over what that body does perhaps.

The way I view it is that a planet that is truly feral may be weakened in some way and the luminaries are supposed to represent things like physical and mental health, life force, longevity versus a shortened life, weak health or mental illnesses, etc. I have an unaspected (traditionally anyway) Sun conjunct Algol with a diurnal natal chart, making it more significant, and I would have died at the age of 5 of pneumonia if it were not for modern medicine, as an example. I was a very sickly child in general. I do have Mercury in the same sign but it is too far away for an orb.

The Moon in horary is more significant because horary is an area that looks at things that happen in a short term, relatively speaking, although some people say it can predict longterm things too. The Moon is the swiftest body and so it shows changes. It is also important in event charts for the same reason. I haven't looked at Biden's inauguration chart to comment on the condition of the Moon, but some would say if the Moon is in a specific sign (signs where the Moon is strong or signs of Jupiter, the greater benefic), that will help. If it helps in horary I would guess it would in event charts too.

https://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/feral.html

We define a Void Moon (or planet) by its position in a sign and the major aspects it makes to other planets. It seems more important in Horary because of the Time structure inherent in a question.
In a natal chart, I look at it differently.
As it relates to numbers, we look at the conjunction(1), opposition(2), trine(3), square(4), sextile(6). What about the quintile(5), septile(7), semi-square and sesqui-square (8th), novile(9) and even the semi-sextile or quincunx(12)? They will tell a story and they may even be part of a planetary configuration.
A Void planet can indicate aloneness (the presence of oneself) as opposed to loneliness (the absence of other).
Meaning that the planet is not selfish by itself but it brings Aha! moments when it interacts with the world. It doesn't need others to function and like a cat they always fall back on their paws.
Blessings!

Thanks for all the links & comments Tanit James Therese & Ouranos . I did write a detailed reply earlier but it mysteriously vanished, looking at the moon phase it was a void of course moon when it vanished so I waited 43 minutes for the moon to enter Scorpio to send this reply. It seems even the Cosmos is hinting to respect the VOC moon. As regards Bidens VOC moon inauguration chart I will keep an eye on transits & lunation cycles touching the late degrees of Aries & note what if anything occurs.
Just to mention the last podcast of The astrology podcast with Chris Brennan goes into this subject in detail.

Zosma, thanks for reminding us of the Chris Brennan podcast! Can you please give us a direct link to the podcast?
As regards Bidens VOC moon inauguration chart I will keep an eye on transits & lunation cycles touching the late degrees of Aries & note what if anything occurs.
The 2021 inaugural chart is a good example of why we can't continue to ignore the zodiac question. The Moon in the sidereal chart is very far from void as it applies to several planets including the rising Mars and Uranus. Various astrologers predicted dire events at the inauguration due to this conjunction, but it apparently pointed to the extreme security measures taken due to the invasion of the Capital by Trump supporters on January 6.

The inauguration itself felt peaceful and even spiritual as the closest aspect to the ascendant was Venus in the 9th from Sagittarius in its own mansion. Mercury and Neptune also aspect the ascendant. The inaugural navamsa is striking in that the ascendant and Venus are sitting on the Sun and Mercury in Kamala Harris' natal chart. Could we have predicted the outcome of the election from this navamsa (9th harmonic) chart?

http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

The Moon is exalted in the left chart, and it might be argued it could then function just as it can in horary. Anyway, I would regard the Moon-Mars sextile on the left as within orb as well as the conjunction on the right. The traditional orb between them is about 10 degrees or less (12 plus 8 divided by 2):
https://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspectorbs.html

Is noon the correct time for the event? I honestly haven't cared enough to look into it. Also, if this is a question of Biden's inauguration it might be better to move this to the mundane forum.

tanit,

unfortunately thereses post is about a topic that she is relentless on.... ''which is the true zodiac?" or something to that effect... a better idea would be for therese to start her own thread on this topic and make posts to herself with the occasional unsuspecting person wandering in to add comment to it! kid you not!

cheers
james

Tanit3333 wrote:
The Moon is exalted in the left chart, and it might be argued it could then function just as it can in horary. Anyway, I would regard the Moon-Mars sextile on the left as within orb as well as the conjunction on the right. The traditional orb between them is about 10 degrees or less (12 plus 8 divided by 2):
https://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspectorbs.html

Is noon the correct time for the event? I honestly haven't cared enough to look into it. Also, if this is a question of Biden's inauguration it might be better to move this to the mundane forum.
Generally in harmonic charts (left navamsa chart) the emphasis is on planets in sign only. Traditionally in India degrees aren't noted in varga (harmonic) charts, so aspects aren't read in those charts. But western programs calculate degrees in these charts. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have gone off track by posting the navamsa chart. My point was that there are differences in Void Moons between zodiacs.

I think when astrologers cast horary charts for themselves or clients, the planets 'tune into' the astrologer's chosen zodiac to give correct answers. But event charts are different, and two opposing Moons (void and not void) can't both be correct. Maybe void Moons are only effective in horary charts? That might be the real question?

Yes, the Inaugural is always at 12 Noon on January 20 when the office of the new president takes effect.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Here is the link Therese https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ4WQExbelI The sidereal/Tropical VOC moon dilemma is interesting the tropical works for me but eveything is relative in this multiverse,truth maybe in relation to perception & as I have been shown our perception can be altered by others.
It will be interesting to see what occurs when the moon progresses onto the mars/Uranus conjunction should the moon be void sleepy will fall out of bed.