How do you deal with Pluto?

Pluto just rips you open, everyone hates you whatever the surface says, and he won't be pacified with gestures or sacrifices, which are just meaningless. People and emotions feel alien and their culture a load of oppressive elites who dominate the language. Pluto leaves a wasteland.

What is the point of Pluto, how are you supposed to deal with heavy transits or arcs to him?

fleur

life is a mix of good and bad... perhaps everything equals out at some point even if it looks skewed in the short term...

i think the thing about the outer planets is there seems to be a real element of fate that is outside our hands and at work, in spite of our impression that we are in control of our fate, for the most part... perhaps it is somewhere inbetween freewill and fate...

pluto isn't all negative, and neither are the other outer planets or any planet more generally... and again it is in how we choose to perceive what little we do know about the universe we find ourselves within..

if you want to take a walk further down the dark side, liz greenes book ' the astrology of fate' might be a good place to start, although from reading the comments on this review, perhaps it isn't quite as dark as i am suggesting... let us know what you find!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/121 ... gy_of_Fate

before i forget! donna cunningham has a great book called 'healing pluto problems' which you would enjoy reading as well... check it out if you can find a copy...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/970 ... o_Problems

jeffery green also has a book called 'pluto'.. i personally wasn't able to get much out of it, but perhaps it might resonate better with others...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/128 ... o_Volume_I

Thanks James. I have a well worn and read copy of the Liz Greene's book, a second hand copy of the Jeffrey Green book that I was given and for some reason never got round to reading, and I think I had the Donna Cunningham book a long time ago and never found it meaningful and let it get thrown out when I had to move house, or maybe that was some other new age self help style American astrology book that started to get tedious, actually I remember her going on about a pony, so I think it was that book.

Maybe I will look for where I put the Jeffrey Green book, see if I can get into it.

Hi Fleur
I have Pluto in the 12th house part of a mutable cross touching MC/IC sun Asc & Asc ruler. Ouch. It has brought issues of guilt or rather the sins of my parents landing on me & I feel that my sufferings in life are the price for parental redemption. Pluto deals with intergenerational guilt & release but somehow psychology doesn't cut it. I believe that with Pluto & a predominance of mutability I was dealing with good & evil. There is an old Baltic saying the devil will lead you to wastelands. Pluto confronts us with evil but despite what they say good is not from us, but good is from God, Mark 10.18"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.
So here is the rub to deal with Pluto we need more than ourselves we need God

Pluto, planet of transformation, destiny, and death (whether inner or outer) can indeed be intense! :P However, Pluto itself is a slow moving generational influence, so is somewhat impersonal in its effect, because if you're having a Pluto transit then so is everybody close to you in age. Therefore, Pluto's house is important to look at, to see its effect on a more personal level. However, to get insight into Pluto issues, there's more that can be looked at beyond just Pluto's sign and house:

Pluto has five moons which move around it rapidly in periods between 7 and 38 days, which modern astrology software can calculate. Pluto's moons Charon, Hydra, Nix, Kerberos, and Styx have their own astrological meanings, and can give everybody a unique individual reading about Pluto related issues, beyond just the sign and house placement of Pluto itself. (See the "Moons of other planets" thread in this forum for details.)
Astrolog 7.60 freeware downloads: http://www.astrolog.org/astrolog.htm :)

Cruiser1 wrote:
Pluto, planet of transformation, destiny, and death (whether inner or outer) can indeed be intense! :P However, Pluto itself is a slow moving generational influence, so is somewhat impersonal in its effect, because if you're having a Pluto transit then so is everybody close to you in age. Therefore, Pluto's house is important to look at, to see its effect on a more personal level. However, to get insight into Pluto issues, there's more that can be looked at beyond just Pluto's sign and house:

Pluto has five moons which move around it rapidly in periods between 7 and 38 days, which modern astrology software can calculate. Pluto's moons Charon, Hydra, Nix, Kerberos, and Styx have their own astrological meanings, and can give everybody a unique individual reading about Pluto related issues, beyond just the sign and house placement of Pluto itself. (See the "Moons of other planets" thread in this forum for details.)
Hi Walter

The Pluto-Charon system is unique in the solar system, considering how big the moon is in relation to the planet it orbits. Somewhat reminiscent of the Earth-Moon system in this regard, even though proportions are even more astonishing in case of the former.

I hope that many open-minded astrologers will take up your new method of fine-tuning the delineation of the outers and giving them a more personal note. :D

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/

I recommend Steven Forrest, The Book of Pluto.

A rule of modern astrology is that we either exemplify:

1. the positive nature of a given planet,

2. the negative nature of a given planet (or a mixture), or else

3. we deny and suppress its nature within our characters. When this happens, the chart still has to manifest itself, so we tend to attract to ourselves other people who manifest the planet's unwanted qualities.

Pluto deals with an implacable sort of personal power. In a positive way, it can give us an up-from-under strength to break through seemingly insurmountable barriers, with a determination we didn't know we have. But Pluto also is the ruthless bully who steamrollers over other people.

It's important to realize that we are all of the planets in our horoscope. When experiencing bullies, it's important to realize that they represent a rejected part of ourselves. They key is to learn how to incorporate this face of Pluto with integrity and courage.

Sometimes we have to scream back at the universe.

Plutonian people may find that their lives are like Tibetan sand paintings. Somethings constructed with great care disintegrate or disappear and new starts have to be made again and again. Each time a honing.
Also, a Plutonian person might feel him or herself getting younger as they age.
I have Saturn conjunct Pluto in the 12th house in Leo square Jupiter, mercury and mars in the 3rd in Scorpio. Venus is also in Scorpio. Pluto is sextile the sun, Uranus trine the sun, and Neptune conjunct the sun. Often when I read about these aspects they indicate destructive rather than constructive potentialities. One thing I have experienced is that close ties/aspects with outer planets mean that in early life the tail will be wagging the dog because these energies require a Saturnian maturity to manage. However, in later life, their profound energies can be better understood.

Knightinte said;

Plutonian people may find that their lives are like Tibetan sand paintings. Somethings constructed with great care disintegrate or disappear and new starts have to be made again and again. Each time a honing.

I am in awe of your fixed energies. With my mutability, I would be a complete wreck! I also have a 12th Pluto very close to Regulus so keywords royal like maybe Prince. Pluto 12th darkness? Together we get the Prince of darkness.
So today the asteroid Lucifer went over the Pluto/Sun in Pisces opposition & by chance I watch an interesting video about Satan's shoes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RAVIlCTeXg better to watch than for me to explain.
Pluto in the 12th is like all my life I knew something is wrong with my life but I don't know what. why does it all go wrong? I couldn't put my finger on it. Until Pluto transits my natal Saturn which forms a finger of God to my MC with Neptune. 24 December 2010 I believe God showed me what was happening by granting a kind of X-ray vision & parting a veil onto a more archetypal world where things have a first cause which then resonates onto the physical world. I saw who & what were responsible for the unhappiness I had been experiencing
in life. To my shock & horror, I was shown it was the guests I invited for a Xmas Eve celebration. It was the person I loved. my Mother the true dragon that had the power with the dragon to destroy people's happiness through the power of the evil eye. Why destroy me? because I was the living embodiment of her past hidden guilt. Pluto 12th square Mars conjunct midheaven opposite Sun/Mercury conjunction in Pisces & also square Jupiter in the 3rd conjunct IC. Jupiter at 1 degree Sagittarius is slap bang between the Scorpion's eyes.

Zosma, Pluto says, that when your back is up against the wall, you are stronger than you know. You are stronger than you ever imagined.

You create your fears and nurture them in order to escape the profound fact of your own personal power.

All the great astrologers of old believed in God, in fact the three great religions
transmitted astrology down through the ages.& if it was not for Judaism Islam & Christianity in a funny sort of way there would be no Astrology today.
Because of our loss of connection to God modern astrology practices Idolatry .
Not in that we worship the planets but in that we worship ourselves & our own Power to influence our lives. The bible makes clear the consequences of idolatry in that we become like what we worship & become deaf & blind to true Spiritual truth.

waybread wrote:Zosma, Pluto says, that when your back is up against the wall, you are stronger than you know. You are stronger than you ever imagined.

You create your fears and nurture them in order to escape the profound fact of your own personal power.
I agree with you. I believe in astrology, but I also believe in the power of personality. Why do I say that? Because many people succeed in changing what is destined for them. Turning to an astrologer, they find out what problems and difficulties await them, and knowing all this, they try to change the pattern of events and completely avoid unpleasant situations or at least minimize the damage caused by them.