2021 Suez Canal obstruction - Tropical

i can't keep switching zodiacs, or can i? LOLOL!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Suez ... bstruction

here is a view on the 90 degree wheel with a focus on the mercury-mars square which i think has a lot of bearing on this... my reasoning is mercury has to do with travel.. in a hard aspect to mars - can indicate travel accident...now mars is in the sign gemini and mercury is weak in pisces, which can tie into this too, but i am mostly trying to avoid zodiacs at this moment! of course the sandstorm was blamed for some of this...i am not sure why this huge ship was guided by a few tugs, especially if indeed there was a sandstorm - but maybe that is why....

one can see how the mercury-mars is in hard aspect to the pluto-midheaven conjunction.. uranus happens to be fairly close to the ascendant and suggests the surprising nature of this too...perhaps the sudden sandstorm can be blamed on uranus, although with pluto on the midheaven so close, maybe it is that dastardly pluto ganging up with uranus! in terms of exactitude, pluto is very much the forerunner here! i suspect it is going to be a good while before this is cleared - how long, i am not sure... perhaps someone with some skill at predicting the length of time thru astrology for this to unplug would like to take a stab at this astro puzzle...

there are some other interesting midpoint pictures, but i am curious to know what others think...

added note.. the very close aspect of ascendant moving to exact square saturn is interesting from the point of view of obstruction and stoppage - both very saturn themes...

okay... i can't help myself, lol.... here it is in sidereal...

the siderealists love them their houses, lol.... so here we have mars in detriment in the 2nd and ruling the ascendant and 8th house... mars is also involved with the nodal axis closely too... mercury which squares mars is the ruler of the 6th house... getting the rulers of the 6 and 8 houses together in square aspect isn't a good set up! parashara says mars makes a full aspect to the 4th, 7th and 8th house to itself, so technically it would only count as a 75% aspect or something like that... i am still having a hard time wrapping my head around this approach to aspects...

regardless of this, the square between saturn and uranus is very much in focus on this chart as well... this to me implies the stress that is being felt collectively with these 2 planets in hard aspect to one another... i am sure there are a number of unorthodox ideas about how to un obstruct the ship from the canal....

and finally, i find there is some strange metaphor being communicated by the gods here... a ship with the large letters EVERGREEN stuck in a narrow man made channel of water separating sand on both sides - sounds like a desert, but i have never been their - makes me think of how fragile our world is and how ignoring the environment and climate change is getting the gods to send us another message of how we can't continue to be beholden to consumerism at the cost of the environment... that is what this container ship is carrying - containers of stuff for people to consume... okay - end of rant!

You'd feel that the Suez Canal would show up very clearly in a World Chart.

Or can it be seen as the separation between Africa and Asia ?

But this is a Classic but the answer lies in Sidereal.

Rohini to be precise.

That is where the Node is and the Node can be seen as Saturial in Nature.

Obstructive.

Karmic ?

H
Last edited by WooWoo on Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woowoo

suez canal has an interesting history.. i was reading up on it last night.. i was unable to find a specific chart for its opening and etc, but there might be one that exists... i also looked at egypts chart which is where the canal is located... i might share this in another post...

i don't know if any specific answer lies anywhere really... i think astrology is more about making observations and connections, but usually no one connection is enough in itself... i think the idea of obstruction though is a classic description for saturn, so to see saturn so prominent and squaring onto the ascendant axis makes a lot of sense here.. in fact, my friend aj pointed out saturn and uranus connected to the ascendant axis makes a t square involving the ascendant axis with saturn at the top... the other patter of mercury-mars on the nodal axis is like another t square with mercury at top... it is an interesting way to look at the nodal or ascendant axis as being involved in a t square.. i generally don't think this way, but i think it is relevant... these are the kinds of ways we can learn from other astrologers...

it is interesting what you say on the nodal axis being saturnine in nature.. i think there is some merit in looking at it this way... with its presence in rohini you have come to an interesting observation!

cheers
james

https://www.seatrade-maritime.com/conta ... given-move..

chart below of beginning of blockage and ourside wheel - end of blockage... interesting astro observations - moon almost exact square its original position... midheaven on the outer wheel of the unblocked ship makes a nice trine to the midheaven -pluto of the blocked ship..

here is a chart - noon time as i don't have the specific time for it - of the official opening of the suez canal.... 2 astro observations of significance appear in connection to this obstruction.. the position of natal mercury at 10 scorpio and how it connects to the obstructed chart and the position of uranus and how it connects directly to the moon in the obstructed chart... i thought it was interesting astrologically speaking!