Do you think Kamala Harris will ascend to the presidency within Biden's first term?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:53 pm You may select 1 option

Yes
Total votes: 2 (67%)
No
Total votes: 1 (33%)
Total votes: 3

The future of the Biden/Harris administration

Sometime in 2019, when I was looking ahead at the 2020 Aries ingress, the general configuration struck me as unusual. If you look, all planets are pushing their influence onto a more superior planet:
- The Moon pushes to Venus;
- Mercury pushes to Venus (out of traditional orb, technically void);
- The Sun pushes to Mars (out of traditional orb, technically void); and,
- Mars pushes to Jupiter, who pushes to Saturn.

When centred on Washington, D.C., this successive chain of confer-ence becomes a dominant theme, particularly within the superior planets as Mars rules the Scorpio ascendant. The US Aries ingress for 2020 bears another striking theme: not a single planet above the horizon. Broadly, these two configurations point to things happening behind the scenes, where a great deal of coordination is happening under the surface to actively push the management of national affairs into more stable hands.

On some level, I think this chart speaks to the alleged chaos that the Biden/Harris administration would come to inherit in the back half of the 2020 astrological year. Plenty has been published about the new administration's need to rebuild the federal government itself, re-establishing agencies which were abandoned, disbanded or raided for funds under the Trump administration, so I won't re-hash these items here – except to acknowledge how the symbolism fits the scrambling within federal agencies, likely to remain an awkward signature of the Biden/Harris administration's early years.

Something bigger in play?
My question was whether this pushing of management and lack of any visible planet could extend its scope to the Office of the Presidency itself. Biden's 78 years old, and while the public has received reports of his good health, accidents are by their very nature unpredictable. I was struck in a recent speech hearing how unclear his speech is becoming when contrasted to even two years ago. Is it possible that this administration was built with an expectation that Biden would resign in his first term, and hand the reins over to his successor Kamala Harris?

I can't say confidently to what degree anything I'm about to suggest was or is being planned; but there are recurring testimonies of a transition of power that I'd like to share, ideally here before the observations I've made in webinars end up published by others. :lol: (I've been raising these points since Nov 2020 in webinars and virtual events, promising to write it all up, but avoiding it because my brand of mundane astrology is a messy web to weave.)

NB: if Biden serves two of his four years, Harris can serve as president without it counting against the presidential 2-term limit, making room for a 2.5-term/10-year presidency (unprecedented in recent history). If Biden resigns before the 2-year mark, or if by other means the presidency moves on to Harris within the same period, then this would count as Harris's first term.

If a transition of power is planned, my purely political guess is that the intended ascendancy of Kamala Harris would fall on or after 20 January 2023. Astrologically, however, I'm unsure how long that extended, best-case-scenario timeline will remain viable given the heavy hits contained within the 2021/2022 astrological years.

Eclipses, ingresses and progressions – oh my!
If suspicions were first raised at the 2020 US Aries ingress (which serves as the accession chart for the Biden/Harris administration), they were furthered by the astronomical activity of summer 2021, namely:
- The May 26 lunar eclipse falling at 5° Sagittarius; and,
- The Cancer ingress.

Many have noted that the lunar eclipse of 5° Sagittarius falls on Biden's ascendant, which is inarguably a point of concern for his health and wellbeing. What I haven't seen others connect is that this eclipse also hits these other sensitive points:
- 2021 Aries ingress midheaven (7° Sagittarius)
- Biden's progressed midheaven (9° Sagittarius)
- Harris's progressed 5th cusp* (4° Sagittarius)
- 2021 Cancer ingress midheaven (7° Sagittarius)

*Why care about the 5th house in such matters? The 5th house is the 8th from the 10th, and an appropriate house to use for the ending of an administration (whether by death of the officer or some other device).

The chart for that lunar eclipse has 27° Gemini on the ascendant and 5° Pisces on the midheaven, when centred for Washington, D.C. These degrees bring Kamala Harris's natal angles into focus – and the 2022 Aries ingress*:

*See INDEX 2 for a full list of the relevant places we find 24° Gemini (±3°).

The angles of the 2022 Aries ingress mirror Harris's almost exactly and its Moon falls in the 5th house (8th from 10th) at 29° Libra, which plugs right into Harris's natal luminaries (Sun at 27° Libra, Moon at 27° Aries). Harris's progressed midheaven is at 29° Aries and changes signs within hours of the December 2021 eclipse at 12° Sagittarius.

The preceding ingress – Capricorn 2021 – has 2° Pisces on the ascendant, the degree of Kamala Harris's natal midheaven. This degree will be seeded with special relevance at the June 2021 solar eclipse at 19° Gemini: the midheaven falls in Pisces, with its ruler Jupiter at 2° Pisces in partile trine to that eclipse's ascendant of 2° Cancer. Worth noting that 0° Cancer falls on Biden's natal 8th house cusp, also serving as the nexus of these prominent placements:
- Biden's progressed 5th cusp (0° Cancer);
- 2021 Cancer ingress's Sun on 5th cusp (28° Gemini); and
- 2021 Capricorn ingress's 5th cusp (5° Cancer).

Given the kind of questions I'm asking, it seems appropriate to pay attention to 8º Libra, as it falls on the cusp of the 8th in the 2021 Aries ingress. This degree has the following major recurrences:
- Biden's progressed 8th cusp (11º Libra);
- May 26 lunar eclipse's 5th cusp (9° Libra);
- 2021 Cancer ingress's 8th cusp: (7° Libra); and,
- 2021 Libra ingress's 10th-ruler Mars (5° Libra).

Looking forward.
There are considerably more connections to explore in the below indices (e.g., the oppositions and conjunctions of Jupiter and Mars, and of Saturn and Mars, the prominence of Harris's ascendant degree 24° Gemini across a series of mundane figures, etc.), but I think it might be enough to leave my post here for now. It seems arguable, astrologically, that it will take great effort to keep Biden in office throughout his first term if he can't make it through the signatures of the next two astrological years (which run from 20 March 2021 to 19 March 2023).

I'm curious what others in this forum think of this material; I'm unaware of it being examined by others from the angle I'm taking, but if there are articles I should read, please point me in that direction.

And, if you're interested, cast your vote as to whether you expect Harris to take the presidency within the period ascribed to Biden's first term.

----------

A NOTE ON THE INDICES.

To aid those who which to trace my logic more fully, I have provided two indices below: (1) a list of the main astrological charts referenced; and, (2) a list of degrees referenced and, where relevant, how that degree (±3°) is occupied in the charts from INDEX 1.

INDEX 1 contains links to all charts except the final four.

----------

INDEX 1: ASTROLOGICAL CHARTS REFERENCED – click to open in web browser.

Figures for Joe Biden
Nativity
Secondary progressions (set for inauguration)

Figures for Kamala Harris
Nativity
Secondary progressions (set for inauguration)

Cardinal ingresses, set for Washington, DC
2020 Aries ingress (accession chart for Biden/Harris administration)
2021 Aries ingress
2021 Cancer ingress
2021 Libra ingress
2021 Capricorn ingress
2022 Aries ingress

2021 eclipses, set for Washington, DC
Lunar eclipse, 26 May: 5° Sagittarius
Solar eclipse, 10 June: 19° Gemini
Lunar eclipse, 19 Nov: 27° Taurus
Solar eclipse, 4 Dec: 12° Sagittarius

Mundane cycles, set for Washington, DC (referenced; charts not provided)
Saturn/Mars opposition: 12° Aquarius/Leo 20'
Jupiter/Mars opposition: 29° Aquarius/Leo 52'
Jupiter/Mars conjunction: 3° Aries 19'
Saturn/Mars conjunction: 22° Aquarius 24'

----------

INDEX 2: LIST OF REFERENCED DEGREES

29º Aries
- Harris’s nativity: Moon
- Harris’s secondary progressions: midheaven
**Harris’s progressed midheaven leaves Aries for Taurus on 5 Dec 2021, shortly after the lunar eclipse at 27º Taurus.

27º Taurus
- 2021 Nov 19 lunar eclipse: Moon (in the 8th)

24º Gemini
- Harris’s nativity: ascendant
- 2020 Aries ingress: 8th cusp
- 2021 Aries ingress: 5th cusp
- 2021 May 26 lunar eclipse: ascendant, Mercury (ascendant-ruler)
- 2021 June 10 solar eclipse: Sun, Moon
- 2021 Cancer ingress: 5th cusp
- 2022 Aries ingress: ascendant

0º Cancer
- Biden’s nativity: 8th cusp
- Biden’s secondary progressions: 5th cusp
- 2021 June 10 solar eclipse: ascendant
- 2021 Cancer ingress: Sun on 5th cusp
- 2021 Capricorn ingress: 5th cusp

12º Leo
- Harris’s secondary progressions: ascendant
- 2021 Saturn/Mars opposition: Mars

18º Virgo
- Biden’s nativity: midheaven
- Harris’s secondary progressions: Mars (10th-ruler)

11º Libra
- Biden’s secondary progressions: 8th cusp
- 2021 Aries ingress: 8th cusp
- 2021 May 26 lunar eclipse: 5th cusp
- 2021 Cancer ingress: 8th cusp
- 2021 Libra ingress: 10th-ruler Mars
- 2021 Dec 4 solar eclipse: ascendant

29º Libra
- Harris’s nativity: Sun
- 2022 Aries ingress: Moon

27º Scorpio
- Harris’s secondary progressions: Venus (intercepted 10th-ruler)
- 2021 Nov 19 lunar eclipse: Sun

7º Sagittarius
- Biden’s nativity: ascendant
- Biden’s secondary progressions: midheaven
- Harris’s secondary progressions: 5th cusp
- 2021 Aries ingress: midheaven
- 2021 May 26 lunar eclipse: Moon
- 2021 Cancer ingress: midheaven
- 2021 Dec 4 solar eclipse: Sun, Moon

12º Aquarius
- Harris’s secondary progressions: descendant
- 2021 Saturn/Mars opposition: Saturn

22º Aquarius
- Biden’s secondary progressions: ascendant, South Node
- 2021 Aries ingress: ascendant
- 2021 Cancer ingress: ascendant
- 2021 Jupiter/Mars opposition: 5th cusp

2º Pisces
- Harris’s secondary progressions: Saturn (on 8th cusp)
- 2021 May 26 lunar eclipse: Jupiter (10th-ruler)
- 2021 June 10 solar eclipse: Jupiter (10th-ruler)
- 2021 Capricorn: ascendant
- 2022 Aries ingress: midheaven
Last edited by Wade on Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://wadecaves.com | hello@wadecaves.com

wade

thanks for sharing a thoughtful post on your astro and etc ruminations...

a few things... it seems to me this was the running joke prior to biden-harris being elected - harris was the one who was being put in place so that the usa could have a black women president... a cynic could point out how poorly she did in the nomination process, only to concede that the process is more like a coronation by the big money deciding who gets to run and who gets to be nominated....

as a non american who has occasionally been accused of being anti-american, my impression is the usa is not doing well on the world stage..trump was only a symptom, but not the cause of all this too.. to think as some do in the usa that everything is now going to be better with a dem president in the white house seems to me the height of naivety..

back to the astrology... what makes you confident on what looks like a rounded off birth time for biden coming from memory?? at least with harris's chart you have something solid to go on.. i wouldn't say the same on any projections off bidens chart... however, for what you are doing here, maybe it would be best to focus on harris's chart... the other alternative is to consider the plethora of usa charts.... one comment i would make on all of them was put in an earlier skyscript post on the idea of nations having an approximate 250 year life span - or one pluto cycle.... of course it is speculation, but it seems relevant to all this too in a more generalized way...

on a personal note, i have lost confidence in the aries ingress charts.. i was taking them seriously a few years ago, but am no longer convinced of their relevance.. thanks again for sharing and of course this ongoing speculation of harris taking over the biden presidency has your astro perspective to now fall back on.. it was a popular idea prior to the election, but it is nice that you've put your thoughts down in writing.. i haven't seen anyone else do this to back up the ruminations on this idea of harris taking over the presidency before biden finishes his term...

HaRRIS-bIDEN

James I agree with everything you say--astrology wise and the future of the US. I have heard from several sources, especially geo-political analysis, as well as a few astrologers, that the 2020's are going to be VERY hard for the US. thanks amy
amy maddalozzo

james_m wrote:a few things... it seems to me this was the running joke prior to biden-harris being elected - harris was the one who was being put in place so that the usa could have a black women president...
Yes, I imagine many felt this was a possibility once the VP nomination announcement was made.
james_m wrote:a cynic could point out how poorly she did in the nomination process, only to concede that the process is more like a coronation by the big money deciding who gets to run and who gets to be nominated....
You'd be agreeing with a great deal of Americans, then! This was an unusual primary. No one really did well, and the field was crowded. I remember being shocked when Harris dropped out of the primary race, and was equally surprised by Warren and Sanders stepping back. In the end, the goal was to defeat Trump rather than to address any serious problem in the American experience, and this is why Biden was propelled to the front.
james_m wrote:as a non american who has occasionally been accused of being anti-american,
You'd be forgiven. :)
james_m wrote:my impression is the usa is not doing well on the world stage..trump was only a symptom, but not the cause of all this too.. to think as some do in the usa that everything is now going to be better with a dem president in the white house seems to me the height of naivety..
Many Americans agree with you, this one included.
james_m wrote:back to the astrology... what makes you confident on what looks like a rounded off birth time for biden coming from memory??
The time is rounded from memory; but there's absolutely zero chance Biden has Scorpio rising. He has none of the physical features, none of the behavioural features, none of the tell-tale 'burning of paths' that follow in Scorpio-risings' wakes.

He does have a solidly Sagittarius lean to him, though. He physically matches Sagittarius to my sensibilities – tall, thin, bright-eyed, smiling and optimistic, balding about the temples. He's been referred to as 'Uncle Joe', something uncommon here, and Jupiter is the natural significator for uncles – not an association I'd leverage overmuch, but happy to acknowledge that familial assignation has been projected onto him by the public. Biden's very well described, I think, by Jupiter in retrograde in Cancer in the 8th house – having lost two children and a wife, he's become an unofficial spokesperson for grief and death, and finding meaning through that trauma. An examination of major events in his life secures for me that Gemini is very likely on his descendant.

If anything, he might have been born a bit later so that Saturn was closer to the descending degree; and that would put his ascendant closer to the early Sagittarius eclipse I'm examining anyway.

Also worth noting that his nativity is but one part of this – Harris's and mundane cycles can be reliable enough on their own to suggest there's room for something coming.
james_m wrote:at least with harris's chart you have something solid to go on.. i wouldn't say the same on any projections off bidens chart... however, for what you are doing here, maybe it would be best to focus on harris's chart...
They certainly don't contradict. :)
james_m wrote:the other alternative is to consider the plethora of usa charts....
Yes, have looked at that too. The charts listed in INDEX 1 connect strongly into the Sibly chart for the US. I didn't include that analysis here in the recognition that it might be tough enough to follow the dots I'm connecting as is. My type of degree-based mundane analysis can cause my head to spin, which makes it harder to put this down in a way that's digestible by an audience of varied levels of comfort.
james_m wrote:one comment i would make on all of them was put in an earlier skyscript post on the idea of nations having an approximate 250 year life span - or one pluto cycle.... of course it is speculation, but it seems relevant to all this too in a more generalized way...
I will go hunt that post down!
james_m wrote:on a personal note, i have lost confidence in the aries ingress charts.. i was taking them seriously a few years ago, but am no longer convinced of their relevance..
I had this talk with someone not long ago – the awareness that many astrologers were using Aries ingress charts as standalone charts expected to part both clouds and seas. But as you can see from the methods I use, my belief is that ingress charts are like weather vanes: they can tell you what direction the winds are blowing, but they can't confirm for you if a sail is opened in such a way so as to be advantaged or disadvantaged by those same winds. We need to use these moments alongside charts of leaders, lunations, superior planet conjunctions and oppositions, etc., to begin to see what astral webs are being woven.
james_m wrote:thanks again for sharing and of course this ongoing speculation of harris taking over the biden presidency has your astro perspective to now fall back on.. it was a popular idea prior to the election, but it is nice that you've put your thoughts down in writing.. i haven't seen anyone else do this to back up the ruminations on this idea of harris taking over the presidency before biden finishes his term...
I discussed this with Lee Lehman after posting, and she shared that she had done her own analysis, published in The Mountain Astrologer not long ago, using Harris's solar returns. Lee's suspicion is that the change will come later in the term, which makes good sense to me politically (because then Harris has a shot at hitting that 10 year tenure scenario) but I haven't taken the time to look at Lee's thoughts yet as I'm still tracking down that article!

Other than that, and a nod or two at the eclipse hitting Biden's ascendant, I haven't seen anyone dig into this deeper yet myself. I'm sure similar prognostications are out there, though, so I'm hoping publishing this means we'll see more links or acknowledgements.

I do wish I could get rid of that poll, though! I'd never tried one on Skyscript before and thought it would show up embedded in my post in a way that I could later delete, but alas!
http://wadecaves.com | hello@wadecaves.com

Biden/Harris

As I recall, Biden has his mars at 12 degrees of scorpio. There is 2 more uranus/saturn squares this year, and uranus will again transit opposed his natal mars early in2022. This natal mars is square natal pluto. I think this could be some type of serious health issue. transiting saturn starts to aspect natal mercury in 2022-3.
Also, I have read that some astrologers have said that this natal mars/pluto square means Biden could be a war president. I agree, especially since transiting neptune is going to be aspecting the natal mars neptune aspect in the US chart. AS an aside, Biden has a tendency to flip/flop on foreign affairs. The US has lots of problems now with international issues AMY
amy maddalozzo