Describing Sexual Preference by Means of a Horary Chart

Dear forum

I would like to share a technique with which to describe sexual preference by means of a horary chart.

The aforesaid method, which occurred to me in April of 2020, may benefit the homosexual man or the homosexual woman who has not confirmed the sexual preference of a romantic interest. I describe my initial test of the said method in the following post: https://diaryofafortuneteller.wordpress ... ary-chart/

I have tested the aforesaid method on several occasions that I do not describe on my blog and on each occasion on which I was able to confirm the sexual preference of the relevant subject, the said method resulted in me having drawn an accurate conclusion.

According to the aforesaid method, a feminine significator describes a subject whose sexual preference is for women and a masculine significator describes a subject whose sexual preference if for men.

Unfortunately, the aforesaid method cannot be used to describe one who is sexually attracted to both men and women however, since such a person may have a preference for one gender, the said limitation may not be of significance in most situations.

To my knowledge, the aforesaid method has not been described prior.

Regards
Kevin J W Mellors
Blog: www.diaryofafortuneteller.wordpress.com

This is an interesting topic, especially the Anthony Lewis article.

As to whether homosexuality can show up in a horary chat, my first question would be why is the person asking? If it's a sexual or romance question, I think the chart would be done as a standard 1st and 7th house question. Once a long time ago on this forum a wife had suspicions that he husband was gay. The chart just showed that she had all sorts of uncertainty but that her husband was true to her. If someone asked whether their new boss, neighbour, roommate was gay, I'd just do the chart to see how reliable the other person was. This seems to be a current theme on this forum but a person has to have some interest in the question and in the outcome, and I'd have to first ask why does the person want to know of someone was gay.

Lilly writes about how horary can show if a person is a priest (Saturn for the black robes), a religious person (Jupiter), a Moor (also Saturn for the dark skin) etc. I suppose in Muslim countries they'd have their signs for if a person was White or a Christian.

About the Anthony Lewis article, I notice that there wasn't much difference between the "most frequent" numbers and the "least frequent" numbers. This is a complicated subject and I don't have much knowledge about natal astrology to have an opinion. I've also seen it written that a natal chart cannot tell show if the person is male or female. You don't need astrology to tell you that.
Mark F

Very generous of Kevin to share your technique.

I'd just like to make plain Kevin's implied idea that these techniques are best applied when the Questied's sexual preference is part of the question or an issue for the Querent. (And as Mark says, when the Querent has a genuine and personal stake in this.)

In other romance charts, the planets can be descriptive in many other relevant ways. A guy as Taurus Venus, for example, was an amateur musician and often talked to the Querent about the songs he loved. While it's true he preferred women, the planet and sign had less to do with this fact than his general inclinations.

Of course, this guy's preference was clear to start with. It was never part of the question.

Cheers,
Amelia
Last edited by AmeliaS on Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

MarkF wrote: If it's a sexual or romance question, I think the chart would be done as a standard 1st and 7th house question. Once a long time ago on this forum a wife had suspicions that he husband was gay. The chart just showed that she had all sorts of uncertainty but that her husband was true to her.
Yes, what the Querent really wants to know is most likely their relationship prospect. If the Moon and the Lords show a relationship, I wouldn't worry about the gender of the planets.

To complement on what was said, I think the chart would show more 'How' the sexuality is lived with regards to family, friends, society, work environment and so on.
The first large-scale studies on human sexuality conducted by Kinsey in the 40's showed that about 5 to 10 % of the population was 'gay'. Recent studies have not changed this ratio.
What is less known is that they also identified that about 10% of the population was 'strictly heterosexual', meaning they never had an experience or a desire for their own gender.
Which leaves us with about 80% of the population in a 'polymorphic ' situation. Because you have the gender, the identity and the sexual preference. And a whole lot of possible combinations in human beings. And how each society and culture, historically and nowadays will change 'How' each person perceives himself.

Cheers!
Ouranos
Blessings!

Ouranos wrote:Hello KevinM,
Here is a post from Anthony Louis
https://tonylouis.wordpress.com/2017/03 ... ientation/

This is a summary of a talk given by Spanish astrologer Elías D. Molins in Barcelona in June of 2015 at the 32º Congreso Ibérico de Astrología. The topic of discussion was Astrology and Homosexuality.

And don't forget! The biggest organ in sexuality is the brain!

Best,
Ouranos
I thank you, Ouranos, for the link to the aforesaid article, which proved to be very interesting to read.

Regards
Kevin J W Mellors

AmeliaS wrote:Very generous of Kevin to share your technique.

I'd just like to make plain Kevin's implied idea that these techniques are best applied when the Questied's sexual preference is part of the question or an issue for the Querent. (And as Mark says, when the Querent has a genuine and personal stake in this.)

In other romance charts, the planets can be descriptive in many other relevant ways. A guy as Taurus Venus, for example, was an amateur musician and often talked to the Querent about the songs he loved. While it's true he preferred women, the planet and sign had less to do with this fact than his general inclinations.

Of course, this guy's preference was clear to start with. It was never part of the question.

Cheers,
Amelia
I am happy to share.

I thank you for insightful response, Amelia; the method that I describe is indeed intended for situations in which the querent desires to known the unconfirmed sexual preferences of the relevant subject or in which the unconfirmed sexual preferences of the relevant subject are directly relevant to the matter at hand. I would not generally recommend the use of the said method in other situations. Additionally, the said method is intended for use only when practicing horary astrology.

One of the reasons that I undertook to confirm such a method is that I have on more than one occasion expressed romantic interest in men whose sexual preferences I mistakenly thought were for men.

Though I realise that there are no guarantees concerning accuracy, I wanted to have such a method at my disposal.

Regards
Kevin J W Mellors