Question about Prohibition

Hello Everyone.

I would like to share some doubts about Prohibition that I have.

In this case, I have the main significators making an opposition, Moon in Leo and Saturn in Aquarius but before they perfect this Opposition, Moon in Leo will make a square to Venus in Taurus. It means that the Opposition won't happen because of some duties refering to the sign and place where Venus is in? Should I check if the signs are making an square are receiving each other?

Thank you so much, I have been trying to find information about this case specially, mainly when the opposition is prohibited by an square.

Have a good day

It sounds like Venus is prohibiting a bad aspect of Moon-Saturn but it is said that Venus is not strong enough to mitigate the negative forces of Saturn on her own (she can mitigate Mars but not Saturn). She needs the aid of Jupiter. It is also better if a benefic receives the Moon in this case rather than just the Moon receiving the benefic. What is especially bad about the Saturn opp is that Saturn does not receive the Moon. Is Saturn in the 8th? An opposition is an aspect of acrimony.

I would still interpret this as someone or something coming up before the opp aspect occurs that might have a say in the outcome and is attempting to be a helpful force (as is the nature of Venus, especially a dignified one). Whether or not they are successful I think depends on looking at the chart. How strong is Venus here? What is Jupiter doing in the chart?

Is it a financial matter, since it sounds 2nd/8th house focused?

The opposition (the worst aspect) between the Moon and Saturn could bring about something only then, when there would be a strong mutual reception.

And even then in nearly all cases to the great regret of the parties involved - in the long run.

The signs the singifcators are in now, don't provide mutual reception.

But even this bad constellation could be prohibited by the square of the Moon and Venus.

But it is to be doubted that any other matter than the quesited could be successful by this other constellation, becauuse also this bad square aspect needs mutual rception for its success, and this mutual reception is not given with the actual positions of the Moon and Venus now.

Hello Tanit and Johannes, thank you so much for your replies.

Yes Tanit, it looks like Venus is prohibiting it but I tought the same you are saying here, I think Saturn is pretty strong here to give a bad outcome to the matter but also like Johannes said, there isnt mutual reception to give an outcome so it worries me a bit more because then the outcome still being a no? or just saying things will stay like they are?

My sister is been in a relationship for almost 4 years, she already had 3 kids with this guy, she thinks she is "happy", but she deeply knows she isn't. there is a new newborn son and that's the reason why they decided to give a new chance to the relationship after being almost one year in constants break ups, fights, etc. the new baby was the product of a moment when they both decided to try but it didn't work, they separated again for almost 10 months and returned a few weeks ago, mostly because she insisted on him for the sake of the children to grow up with them and I think he realized about how the situation was. She decided to ask if the relationship would last. I find it interesting Tanit that you tell me that you thought the question had to do with the economic part, because he largely came back to balance the economic burdens and I think this relationship helps both of them in the economy. Also Moon is the Cusp of the 2th house and Saturn in the 8th humm.

Here is the chart:

The first thing I noticed was the opposition between Saturn and Moon, but like Johannes said they aren't in muttual reception. Moon and Venus are having the square before the perfection between the Moon and Saturn, same for Uranus and the Moon.

Saturn will square Venus soon, Moon will square Jupiter at the end and Jupiter is also in the 8th house. Not good.

Venus is in Tarus and coming of being combusted by the Sun and in an angular house. although is in his own regent, triplicity and term and angular house, I dont find pretty good that is coming from a combustion. I'm probably wrong with this.

I don't see how this question could possibly have a yes outcome even if we can find mutual receptions or a way to support the moon or venus in this case. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you so much for your time again.

Just to be clear, maleja, are you the querent here or is it your sister? Did she ask you to cast the chart on her behalf? If this is a third party chart, then she is represented by Mercury as ruler of the 3rd house. Then her partner would be the 7th from the third or radix 9th house, ruled by Jupiter. [At least I think so. I'm no expert. The good horary astrologers here will hopefully enlighten me.]

Either way, Mercury bumps into Venus, but it's a conjunction, not a stressful square.

Venus is strengthened by being domiciled, in her own triplicity, terms, and angular. The moon is exalted in Taurus. I think Venus has something to say about the matter.

Can you think of what?

But this still doesn't look like a reconciliation, either way.

Just to be clear, maleja, are you the querent here or is it your sister? Did she ask you to cast the chart on her behalf? If this is a third party chart, then she is represented by Mercury as ruler of the 3rd house. Then her partner would be the 7th from the third or radix 9th house, ruled by Jupiter. [At least I think so. I'm no expert. The good horary astrologers here will hopefully enlighten me.]

Either way, Mercury bumps into Venus, but it's a conjunction, not a stressful square.

Venus is strengthened by being domiciled, in her own triplicity, terms, and angular. The moon is exalted in Taurus. I think Venus has something to say about the matter.

Can you think of what?

But this still doesn't look like a reconciliation, either way.

Hey waybread, thanks for your reply, she is the one asking the question, not me so in this case she is 1st house and her "husband" the 7th house. I think you are right in your assumption but I learnt here isn't good to make that kind of readings because it's something I shouldnt mind about it.

I would interpret Venus as the family being involved and on the side of the Moon. There is acrimony between Venus and Saturn too, showing he is negatively impacting not only the querent but the family as a whole. I think the chart is warning that keeping him in the family is a potentially bad idea for everyone involved. Family are supportive of the Moon and will help a little bit with the bad energy of Saturn but I think it is wrong to make Saturn not only afflict her but everyone else. I would take this as a sign that it would be better to separate and that financial reasons are not enough.

As I mentioned in my thread, Moon-Saturn hard aspects often show the Moon person giving more than they receive and it shows that the Moon feels judged, neglected and mentally/emotionally abused by Saturn while Saturn views the Moon as a burden, overly emotional/childlike and Saturn sucks the life out of the Moon (feeds off of their energy).

I would wonder if this husband suffers from a mental health disorder such as narcissism based on the opp I am seeing here. A healthy relationship would not show this. Pluto in his house is also a red sign for something like narcissism given other symbolism.

Thanks for the clarification, Maleja. It is possible to turn a chart when it isn't warranted, but I think it makes a difference as to who is actually asking the question. I think the moon shows the querent's emotional stake in the matter; so if you were asking the question, then the moon would show more about how you feel about the situation.

Interesting insights on moon-Saturn, Tanit!

Tanit3333 wrote:I would interpret Venus as the family being involved and on the side of the Moon. There is acrimony between Venus and Saturn too, showing he is negatively impacting not only the querent but the family as a whole. I think the chart is warning that keeping him in the family is a potentially bad idea for everyone involved. Family are supportive of the Moon and will help a little bit with the bad energy of Saturn but I think it is wrong to make Saturn not only afflict her but everyone else. I would take this as a sign that it would be better to separate and that financial reasons are not enough.

As I mentioned in my thread, Moon-Saturn hard aspects often show the Moon person giving more than they receive and it shows that the Moon feels judged, neglected and mentally/emotionally abused by Saturn while Saturn views the Moon as a burden, overly emotional/childlike and Saturn sucks the life out of the Moon (feeds off of their energy).

I would wonder if this husband suffers from a mental health disorder such as narcissism based on the opp I am seeing here. A healthy relationship would not show this. Pluto in his house is also a red sign for something like narcissism given other symbolism.
Thank you Tannit and sorry for my late reply, he has been unfaithful and lied to her, I don't really understand why they are together again. I think they decided more for to fix things for the last baby and probably she was the one who insisted and he agreed again because at some point he was feeling he was doing something wrong for not being with them. I don't think he is a narcissim but sometimes I feel he has some kind of qualities that fit perfectly with a narcissim. His vibe is quite dark, and probably there are lots of fights between them, its a pretty obsessive relationship and isn't healthy at all, by his part relationship with his own and her (my sister) family isnt good, they basically can't stand between them. I don't think he is a bad guy but I think all this situation triggers all the worse of himself. I told her about economic situation isnt neccesary a fact to be together, she is quite happy with him again, probably they are "better" now but I don't know how they can last for a long time. I'm worry that as you said family stays in her side but thats crearly not enough to balance her emotional situation. Balance an energy as Saturn can be quite hard and mostly here without a mutual reception. Moon in Leo is rejecting in detritment to Saturn and Saturn in Aquarius isnt receiving the moon. Venus is exalting the moon, but is this enough? Probably they will stay but the end would like hell in earth.
Last edited by maleja.rangel on Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Challenger007 wrote:I would definitely checked all possible influences in the calculations, because there may be some unforeseen factors that cannot be taken into account immediately, without counting and checking.
Hello, thank you for your reply, would you mind explaining yourself please? I don't get what is your point exactly. Thank you Challenger.