hi kakabel,

thanks for drawing our attention to irelands chart - 1949... i have never looked at a chart for ireland.. i see there are 3 in nic campions book... he makes an interesting comment at the end of the little section on ireland that i will quote for you and others here...

"The historical distinction between the three charts is simple. The first represented the beginning of the movement that culminated in independence, and symbolizes the national aspiration for independence, the second represents de facto independence, and the third represents complete de jure separation from Great Britain. It should be noted, however, that the first chart was a proclamation of the independence of the whole of Ireland while the second two are cast for stage in the creation of the Republic of southern Ireland, the northernmost countries remaining in the United Kingdom."

with that in mind, here is chart three

here is the total lunar eclipse chart for may 26 2021.

here is a biwheel with ireland chart on the inside and lunar eclipse on the outside..

i will try to find some time to comment on the astro on the charts, but i have to say i am in ignorance on just what is happening in ireland at the moment... they have been in the news some here in the west.. i gather there is some fallout over brexit and over covid, but perhaps you can bring us up to date if you are living in ireland? thanks..

I apologies for my ignorance on the Irish question,although having been in Manchester when the city center was blown to pieces by a massive IRA bomb,& having many times to be evacuated from schools,being brought up to look out for suspicious packages on buses during my teenage years, & living with the fear that a nail bomb could terminate my life in an instant I should be more knowledgeable. But the Irish! they are great for the craic & a drink down the pub but don't talk of the troubles. I remember striking a conversation with an Irishman in a pub then he asked me if I would like to see a photo of his son
before I could reply he pulled out a picture of a teenage boy all his limbs blown apart laid on a slab with the arms & legs re-positioned where they should be.
There is a wound that needs healing in the Irish psyche & that is Chiron on the Ascendant,5 degrees of Sag,that is my IC so I have a connection to Ireland it is a spiritual connection.Lia Fáil is the stone of destiny in county Meath on the hill of Tara, where the future king was chosen,the stone was later taken to Scotland & eventual was taken to London & placed under the throne of Queen Elizabeth, but then stolen by the Scots & taken to Edinburgh castle.
Arlene Foster recent resignation is probably an early consequent of the lunar eclipse, The eclipse moon is in Ireland's first house it seems that the nationalist cause is gaining ground over the unionists,
United Kingdoms Solar Arc Pluto is progressed over the UK Ascendant this looks like the breakup of the UK,& something new from the ashes. The eclipse Sun on the Hyades in Gemini this star cluster is nymphic like Pleiades.& often linked to homosexuality,which is an issue over which Mrs Foster resigned.
The recent Jupiter Saturn conjunction last December is probably of more importance as it landed on Ireland's ruling planet Jupiter on the cusp of the third house of neighbor, which apart from England & NI is probably Europe & is showing a new 20 year cycle.

I have done a considerable amount of work on key Irish charts ( not just the 1949 chart), I spoke at the UK Astrological Conference on this very subject last year. I will share some of my research here on Ireland including why this is impacting Northern Ireland every bit as much if not more. I have researched several charts for Northern Ireland too.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Many thanks for the responses to date. The 2020 Saturn Jupiter conjunction on the ruling planet Jupiter in H2 is highly significant.

james_m I'll just give a brief outline of some important things to note that are current in the Rebublic of Ireland. It is undergoing a huge socio-economic transformation, as many other countries are.
There is currently a big shift in the social fabric and culture taking place driven by new health regulations and restrictions.
In the past the "institiution" of regularly "going to Mass" and visiting the Bar were the meeting places for social connection and news exchange. It is now illegal to attend a religious service and the traditional small Bars have been closed for almost 14 months. The majority of small businesses have been closed or very limited in their function for about the same time. There is a massive over spend of public money and very little end in sight for any economic recovery.
Brexit has had an impact, driving up prices and making trading more complex (there is still strong economic and political ties to the UK), but it is not the main topic since the virus took over the daily headlines. There is suggestion of a new "hard" border being put in place in the North, and nationalisim, as a protest, seems to be on the rise.

Zosma. Yes the 1949 chart seems to best represents the current system and status in political/national terms. Thanks for putting up the images.

Mark, I'd love to read more of your research and insights on the Irish situation.

I'm wondering about the potential for serious upheaval when Pluto hits Jupiter Chart ruler) at 0degrees of Aqu. and even if the national identity of hardship, shortages of food/resources (famine) as well as oppression from overlords - all historical themes - is going to replay as a prelude to some new structure eventually taking shape as we get into the later 2020's.
"He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever."
Chinese proverb

www.astrologyreadings.eu