The Jupiter-Saturn-Pluto Cycle

L'Echo d'Hermes is a free French newsletter published every semester since 2008 by an astrological association in Bordeaux, France.
https://www.coursastrologiebordeaux.fr - Click on La Revue l'Echo d'Hermes - Google Translate will do the trick

Here is an article published in the Spring of 2020 by Martine Barbault, niece of André and Armand Barbault. She said that it was André's book "Illustrious Women and Astrology" which was the trigger: Eureka! She decided, at fifteen, to become an astrologer. (Google translation)

----------------------------
THE JUPITER-SATURN-PLUTO CYCLE
(by Martine Barbault)

This trio is made up of three conjunctions:

1) Jupiter-Pluto, 12.5 year cycle, the last conjunction being in December 2007 at 28 Sag.
2) Jupiter-Saturn, cycle of about 20 years and which is found in the same sign every 117 years, the last being in July 1981 at 5 Libra,
3) Saturn-Pluto, cycle of 33 to 40 years depending on the time, the last being in October 1982.

The Saturn-Pluto conjunction of 2019 and early 2020 occurs in the sign of Capricorn, the last being found in the same sign (as about every 500 years) between 1518 and 1520.

With such a duo, it is Saturn who will set the tone, with its demand for morality, austerity, rigor, discipline, work.THE PERIOD OF 1517-1518 AND ITS CORRESPONDENCE WITH 2019

In 1517, it is interesting to note a major religious crisis.
(The great schism, April 1517) with the birth of Protestantism.

Luther and Calvin want to reform the Church, accompanied by faithful who wish to fight against decadence of the Church. Many religious divisions are emerging.
Luther rises against the Indulgences. Indulgence is the remission before God of temporal punishment due for sins the fault of which is erased, a remission that the faithful obtains thanks to certain fixed conditions, mostly financial. This gift of indulgence is granted by the Pope during major events. Forgiveness of sin and fellowship with God leads to remission of the eternal sorrows of sin.
At this time, there is also an Anglican reform.

In 2019, the Church is again called into question: the pedophilia scandal erupts in 2019.
In 1517-1518, the need to escape moroseness was also reflected in the search for a new world which is accompanied by the discovery of new lands and new peoples: the Aztecs (1518) and the Mayas (1517).

In 2019, we also note a feeling of delusion that pushes to seek appiness. The new worlds that have all been discovered give way to travel in the blogosphere.
At the end of the 15th century, the discovery of printing allowed the transmission of new ideas, new knowledge.
In fact, more people can have direct access to biblical and ancient texts, without having to stick to the oral comments of a handful of scholars or clerics.

If the great start of the Internet is in the 94s with the Uranus-Neptune conjunction at 22 Capricorn, this year 2019 sees the Saturn-Pluto onjunction which transits that of 1994, hence the various problems that appear since the end of 2018 (fake news, cyber harassment or cyber bullying via social networks).
In the years 1517-18, we note a decline in feudalism and a rise in nationalism,

It is evident that currently in 2019 the rise of nationalism is on the rise, both in the political discourse of the ruling elites, than among the popular masses. And this in many countries: with Viktor Orban and Matteo Salvini, in the USA with Trump, in India with Modi, in Turkey with Erdogan, in Iran with Khamenei, in Pakistan with Shahid Khaqan Abbasi

For two years, we have noted a note of austerity:
- From the end of 2017 with the ` Balance your pig '' and their consequences in the following years (imprisonments of famous personalities and trials).

- In 2019, we are talking about a new, more drastic law concerning violence against women. MeToo movement.

What can Jupiter bring by mingling with this Puritan conjunction in 2020?

The last triple conjunction of the 3 planets took place in 1981. Jupiter-Saturn-Pluto were in Libra, autumnal sign in which Saturn still has his say since he is in exaltation.

It is the moment of the abolition of the death penalty, Jupiter coming to
soften this conjunction for the less dark and austere, in the sign of
justice par excellence.

Moreover, the ancient power of the Church is beginning to be called into
question. Pope John-Paul II is the victim of an attack. On the other
hand, the Pope proposes a repentance by a study commission in order
to retry the Galileo affair.

Also in this sign of Libra which relates to the couple, it is the legalization
of divorce in Spain, Catholic country par excellence.

In the Middle East, the Intifada calls into question the Israeli occupation
of the West Bank.

Let us now discuss the Jupiter-Saturn-Pluto trio at the individual level.

When a person is born with a configuration of two (or more) slow planets, we will see that he responds perfectly to the cycle of these planets in question.

Thus, currently, we are going to notice that some people born under the aspect of these 3 planets will be "impacted", for good or for bad (according to their natal positions) in resonance with the triple current Jupiter-Saturn-Pluto conjunction.

Examples:
For Boris Elsine born in 1931 (Jupiter-Pluto conjunction in Cancer
opposite Saturn), the triple conjunction of 1981 will result in him by
the taking of leadership of the party in Moscow (and the loss of his
power). At birth, Jupiter and Saturn are rulers of VI and Jupiter
also has rulership over the X.

With Christine Lagarde, born January 1, 1956 (triple conjunction
Moon-Jupiter-Pluto in Leo in V square of Mars / Saturn in Scorpio in
VII). In July 2019, she was appointed to head the ECB on the day of a
quadruple conjunction Moon-Jupiter-Saturn-Pluto on its MC at the quare
of Mars in Libra, reproduction of the Moon-Jupiter-Pluto natal
configuration squared of Mars-Saturn.

IN SUMMARY:

For this year 2020, the astrologer will be able to observe that certain generations (marked by the trio Jupiter / Saturn / Pluto) will more particularly pass through the doors of his office, whether natives:

- from 1940 (conjunction Jupiter-Saturn / Taurus squared Pluto / Leo,
- from late 1946-47 (conjunction Saturn-Pluto in Leo squared Jupiter)
- from the year 66 (Saturn / Pisces opposite Uranus-Pluto / Virgo and square Jupiter / Gemini) ... Etc ...

- And one of the generations which seems the most concerned is certainly that of the end of 1981-82, moment of a triple conjunction in the sign of Libra. This year's Capricorn trio will be found square to that of the native.

Example: Meghan Markle
Meghan was born under a triple conjunction Moon-Saturn-Jupiter-Pluto in Libra which frames the IC.
With her, it is rather family and marital history that will be particularly concerned by this trio.

She became known in 2011 thanks to a television series, the cycle of Saturn and when the three planets are found (Pluto / Capricorn squared with Saturn / Libra and trine Jupiter / Taurus). It was also the year she married Californian producer Trevor Enlgelson.
In the 3rd cycle of Jupiter (Jupiter squared Pluto / Capricorn and Saturn / Sagittarius sextile), she began an affair with Prince Harry.
On May 6, 2019, she gave birth to Archie under the Saturn-Pluto conjunction in Capricorn (Saturn ruler of VII and Pluto ruler of V).
On January 8, 2020, Sun and Mercury join the Jupiter-Saturn-Pluto trio, is the time when the couple announces the desire to leave the royalty: it is the Megxit.

It seems obvious that generation of 1981 will be really affected by the year 2020 (especially when the triple natal conjunction is angular or connected to a luminary or a master of AS)

To end on this triple conjunction Jupiter-Saturn-Pluto, it is interesting to note (as Andre Barbault had underlined it here decades ago in `` Astrological forecasts for the new millennium), that Jupiter at 22 of Capricorn of China (proclamation of the republic of Mao on the 1st October 1949), is currently in transit by the trio. It is this transit of Jupiter-Saturn-Pluto on the Jupiter from China who had my uncle say that China was in great danger of becoming the first world power in 2020
It also seems that this phase of Chinese expansion is also manifesting itself, in a good way. more insidious, by a coronavirus which hardly knows the borders and does not stop swelling

Ouranos
Last edited by Ouranos on Sat May 01, 2021 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blessings!

thanks ouranos

andre barbault is martines uncle... that's cool she decided to get involved more in astrology.. i don't know if you are aware but andre barbault published a book - english translation was made available in 2016 - planetary cycles ( mundane astrology ) where he covers this triple conjunction and suggests it might represent a pandemic... i have quoted some of the passage elsewhere here on skyscript, but he draws some very interesting connections and the book is very good for anyone interested in this type of stuff.. cheers james

Hello James,

Barbault's book 'Planetary Cycles' is definitely an unmissable classic. It came out decades ago in French. However, through the efforts of Roy Gillett the President of the UK Astrological Association a translation came out of two of Barbaults books. The second and most significant from a mundane outlook being 'Planetary Cycles' published in May 2016.

However, Barbault's prediction on the pandemic was not in that book. It came from a piece he wrote in 2011. I promoted this last March on Skyscript land did a rough and ready quick google translate into English of the key passage where Barbault predicted the pandemic Partly, to challenge the negative publicity in the media against astrology making the case no astrologers anywhere had seen this coming. That in itself came from interviews with a lot of pop astrologers who had no background in mundane and just did Sun sign columns and natal work with clients.

My post seemed to stir a lot of International interest including mention on Chris Brennan's podcast. Quite separate from all that and unknown to me Roy Gillett from the UK Astrological Association had commissioned a translation which later appeared in the Astrological Journal last year.

Before that though here on Skyscript my post got a lot views and inspired our very own site administrator Paul Kiernan to post his own translation of the whole article in French into English. Its still available here:

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10856

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Sat May 01, 2021 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Thank you James,
Yes not only are Barbault's books interesting for us astrologers but also because he spent countless hours reading thousand pages of books on human History.
Just like Ray Merriman is doing with the Stock Market.
We need more astrologers engaged in the world to shake up the jar!

Thank you Mark for your dedicated efforts to promote solid and grounded knowledge in Astrology. And to Roy Gillett, seeker of truth.

Long gone is the time where science and astrology worked together.
Like being a doctor/astrologer like Hippocrates or an astronomer/astrologer like Kepler. But we are getting there slowly and Science is also working to close the gap.

Cheers!
Ouranos
Blessings!

thanks mark and ouranos

mark - thanks for sharing the link to that thread that motivated me to buy the book... it does indeed touch on the topic of pandemics in the 2016 english translation.. it might not be in the same manner as the 2011 comments he made, but on pages 111 and 112...

i quote again for reference
" The coming of the triple conjunction of Jupiter-Saturn-Pluto in 2020-2023, with a dissonant Uranus-Neptune semisquare as well, promises to be like a new constellation of general imbalance in society. Exactly what will happen is uncertain but the risk is generalized chaos.

To return to the pandemic unwisely discounted medically, remember nevertheless that it was at the previous conjunction of the same astrl trip in Scorpio 1982-83 that AIDS, a sexually transmitted diease, first appeared, with tens of millions of victims across the world, an affliction that became comparable to a world war."

that seems to be very suggestive of a pandemic as i read it, although i don't recall reading the translation paul made of the paper or info from barbault in 2011... i will have to go back and read it as i am sure that i did... thanks for jogging my memory..

mark.. if paul did a translation on barbaults 2011 commentary, i don't see it on the link you share.. is it somewhere else that you might have to know of?? thanks...