Will my dad make changes to his will soon?

27th. May, 6:08 PM, Worcester, UK. 4 degrees 58 minutes Scorpio rising.

Querent's father is Saturn, retrograde in the third house, in rulership and Triplicity. The father is very old and unwell, having recently just been released from hospital for treatment for bladder cancer. He's very weak physically and in need of round the clock care.

Querent is very worried that her father is going to amend his will to the detriment of his wife, whom he no longer lives with and detests, evidenced by the Sun, signifying his wife, in detriment. This is impacting the querent in a big way, evidenced by Mars, her significator, being in fall.

I took the significator of the will to be Lord 8, Venus, situated appropriately in the 8th house. There's no aspect between Saturn, the father, and Venus, the will, so I took that as one testimony that there will be no change. Venus at almost 23 Gemini isn't about to change, another testimony that things will stay as they are. However, I was puzzled by the imminent conjunction of Venus with Mercury, and couldn't comprehend what this might mean. Would anyone care to suggest if this is meaningful and might have any bearing on the querent's question?

Thanks for any advice,
H.

Can you clarify what the querent is asking? She is worried she will not get money and it will be given to the wife or she is worried the wife will not get any money? The wording is odd because you say the querent is worried the wife will not get any money. Is the querent concerned for the wife because that seems odd given Moon is in the querent's own financial house and the Moon next opposes the father's 8th lord.

Deb gives wills to the 8th house but this is his will, not the querent's. The 8th here probably represents an inheritance for the querent. According to an ephemeris, Mercury is stationary retro into June so it is moving backwards and Venus is moving towards it. That is an aspect between the querent's 8th and the father's 8th. The wife's inheritance would probably be Jupiter, very abundant in the house of the father (which is also obviously his 2nd lord). Jupiter is still aspecting Sun via square, suggesting she has some control over his finances and might continue to do so. Some of his finances might be tied up with her in some way even and may be hers in the end rather than part of the will? She is a fire planet in the 8th of the querent, probably showing she is taking money away from the inheritance for the querent. The Sun is not burning up its own money. Sun in Gemini is not in detriment but it is under the rulership of Mercury because she doesn't have say in the will. The will still "sees" her in Gemini so again I find it odd she would not be part of the will.

The retrograde movement of the father and also Mercury can suggest reversals in the will but the angles are fixed and so is the father, so I kind of doubt there will be major changes. The wife will probably still get something, if not most of it if we assume the aspect to Jupiter is significant. Jupiter is the strongest planet in the chart and most associated with financial gain and tends to represent large sums of money as the greater benefic. Venus as a lesser would probably represent a lesser amount (such as for the querent). I think Saturn is probably retro because he is seriously ill - retro movement suggests illness sometimes. However, a retro planet can be uncertain of what it wants and may go back and forth on an issue too. Saturn is known for being very cautious though so it would be a little abnormal for it to make a last minute decision.

It seems odd that the father hates the wife that much when there is a trine between them?

The T square of the Moon to Neptune and Mercury/Venus probably suggests the querent is confused about what is going on with the will and may find the outcome surprising. I would assume that the Moon opp the father's 8th would be a disappointment for them, especially given that Mars is not in great shape. Is the querent abroad and in need of finances for travel or education? Why are they in fall in the 9th? Their 2nd lord is also Mars so they may be struggling financially. Is this why Moon is in the 2nd? It seems like the querent is focused on their own finances and that is why I asked the initial question, to clarify what is being asked here. Maybe I am misunderstanding the chart myself though. Mercury is rx so misunderstandings may be rife. All the more reason for the querent to not assume the worst.

Couldn't all of this be cleared up by just asking the father rather than seeking divination?

Just my two cents!

Thanks Tanit3333, apologies for making an elementary mistake and not turning the chart for the father's will. Doh! silly me!

Some further background... The father is a very unpleasant man who thinks only of himself, evidenced by Saturn in rulership and triplicity. His daughter, the querent, is his only child whom he has resented all his life as she got in the way of his clandestine affair with another woman behind his wife's back. He has been hateful to both his wife and his daughter, the querent, all their lives. (She's now in her fifties).

The daughter has been his sole carer since his health started to decline about five years ago and has received nothing but hateful behaviour from him. As she's the only child she feels responsible for him even though she's treated very badly.

Another fly in the ointment is that he has a younger female neighbour whom he's infatuated with and has been giving large sums of money to over a number of years. The father has told the querent that he wants her to make an appointment with a solicitor in order to change his will as he wants to include this woman in it. The querent is concerned that, knowing he resents her and his wife, he will leave everything to this other woman. I guess the querent has some concern for her own part of any inheritance, but she has told me that she's not so much concerned for herself as for her mother, and the injustice of a complete stranger inheriting her and her mother's inheritance.

The querent isn't abroad, and lives a few miles from her father and visits him everyday as his carer, doing his shopping, fetching his medications, taking him to hospital appointment and generally taking care of him. She has no life of her own. She's comfortable financially so isn't dependant upon an inheritance. She's very worried about this and is having sleepless nights over it, which would account for her being in fall.

Do you think Mercury turning Rx would be evidence of him altering his will, and thus giving a positive answer to the querent's question?
H

It sounds like a complicated situation and probably something not worth dwelling over if people involved already are financially set. One thing that seems pretty clear in the chart is lack of say in the situation so maybe the querent needs to come to terms with that.

If the querent does not have low funds, then the 2nd lord in fall may just represent the situation at hand and representing a lack of gain. The Moon being in the 2nd seems like the 2nd house should not be ignored so that is my primary reason for bringing it up. It being in a fire sign again emphasizes less financial gain. I have a lot of experiences with fire in financial matters and it can seem like with any gain there is a loss or sometimes you break even. My guess is the querent will be included in the will but will get a small amount and may even feel like there is as much loss as gain somehow (assuming the Moon is tied to the querent and not the mother).

This is why backstories can be important. Normally we would not think of a mistress unless someone brings it up. Jupiter probably represents most of his money and Sun is the only planet that aspects it. The fact that the Sun is dispersing the gain of the inheritance away from the querent, as fire planets in financial houses do, was what I thought was especially odd but given it might not be the mom, now knowing the backstory, it might make more sense it is the mistress. I guess I would then question if Sun represents the mother well or not. Being a dual body sign it could show he splits the large sum between two people who are not the querent. Normally when I think of Sun-Jupiter I think of a big spender, or someone who likes to be taken care of well financially so if this is not the mom it could be the other woman, especially since the aspect separates but it is still within orb. So his 8th lord is dignified but his 2nd lord is much stronger when you think of financial potential, so he seems worth more alive for some reason, if I am reading that right.

If the mother is the main reason for the question, the Moon might even represent her best. I would ask for information on the personality and appearance of the mother. Moon in Sag can be an optimistic person who enjoys adventure, education, philosophy, etc. and would probably represent someone with light hair, such as blonde or light red. The Moon opposing the will without reception obviously is problematic.

Retrograde planets can be more difficult to predict because they tend to show lack of certainty. Mercury obviously lords contracts like wills too so it being stationary retro does suggest problems with the will. The Moon also opposes it. My guess is that disappointment is eminent but probably not a complete loss for the querent anyway. Mars does also sextile the PoF.

Thanks again Tanit3333, yes, it is a complicated situation and one that has been causing the querent great distress for a long time. She's had a lifetime of mental abuse from her father despite caring for him, it's very sad.

As the moon is usually co-significator of the querent it would seem to fit her situation... peregrine (she feels alone, unsupported), emotionally "burned up" with the situation (in a fire sign) and in her second house (emotionally thinking about her finances in relation to the will). It also fits her temperamentally (she's a Cancerian) and is genrerally optimistic and smart, enjoying philosophical and higher educational pursuits, and physically as she has blond hair.

I notice from the ephemeris that Jupiter aspects the Ascendant, representing the querent, which could be read positively, but Jupiter too is slowing to become Rx and will be stationary going Rx before making the aspect, so no joy for the querent there.

All in all I would say that the short answer to the querent's question is yes, the father will amend his will as he intends to and will include the mistress in it. The querent didn't ask anything else, but I tend to agree with your judgement that she will be included in the will but it will be a disappointingly small amount given the strength of the father's finances (Jupiter in Sagittarius) and given his long-time indifference towards her, (Mars in no dignities of Saturn).
H.

If we take the 5th House being the father's money (2nd from 4th) with Neptune in Pisces in a tight T-Square with Moon(2nd) - Mercury(8th), something's fishy about his finances even fraudulent.

In England and Wales, you have the right to leave your estate to whomever you choose - and were an individual to decide not to leave their children anything at all in their will, the general expectation is that the deceased's wishes would be largely upheld. That said, disgruntled children or ex-wife (depending on her status after the divorce) who were financially dependent on him prior to death would be likely to have a good claim for reasonable financial provision under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975. Also, all the care she is providing right now may be something to consider, not sure if the law says something about that.

The Moon(co-ruler) separating from Venus(Lording the 8th) exact to the opposition to Mercury, most likely he will make a change to his will but the Mutable aspect and Mercury SR suggests something will not be done properly and could be reviewed because of loopholes, written documents being incomplete. All this calls for arguments and litigations even more so if he has money in other countries (JupiterL2 in his ASC.)
Blessings!

Thank you Ouranos. It wouldn't surprise me, given the unpleasant character of the father, to discover that his wealth had been gained fraudulently. I'm not aware of him having money in other countries, I doubt his daughter, the querent would know either. I concur with you and Tanit3333 that the answer for the querent is yes, he will amend his will, and to the detriment of the querent, his daughter.
H.