Hi James...

I remember a long time ago (a VERY VERY long time ago), when I first encountered Vulcan in Linda Goodman's book...

I remember listening to a lecture by Robert Hand who mentioned about the history of modern planets taking up rulership of the zodiacal signs ... he began with Saturn (the last planet in the Chaldean order) ruling Capricorn...hence, the first outer planet discovered (Uranus) rules the following sign (Aquarius), followed by the next planet discovered (Neptune) ruling the following sign (Pisces) and then the next planet discovered (Pluto) ruling Aries. He then went on to discuss why Pluto eventually came to rule Scorpio (the other sign that Mars rule) - but I can't remember what it was.... maybe because Mars is perfect ruler of Aries, hence, Pluto was given to the other sign that Mars rule (Scorpio)

Following the same "logic" (or lack off ...hehehe), the next planet discovered should then be given to Taurus (according to Linda Goodman, this is the distant planet Apollo although she claims that Vulcan will be discovered first) and the next to Gemini - but then Mercury is perfect ruler for Gemini, hence, (like Pluto), the next planet to be discovered is to be given to the other sign that Mercury rules (Virgo) - and Linda seemed to favor Vulcan as the ruler of Virgo (others name Chiron). Of course other astrologers have different scheme but one can see the lure of symmetry in the above scheme....

Now that Vulcan is no more (actually known since Einstein time), and there are actually many "distant" objects....wait a minute!!! I am a traditional astrologer - no new rulers!!! hahaha... The seven shall rule and aspect, the others shall come together (conjoin) and opposes one another (opposition)... end of story... hehehe

astrojin

i have often thought that humour is such an important ingredient to getting thru life and being happy... i will seek it out but it is helpful when i interact with someone who already has a strong sense of it - like you!

thanks for your comment.. i do recall a similar thinking about the obvious symmetry suggested with all these new planets, discovered and yet to be discovered.. my response to the friend who shared this article here was this -

yes - some will continue to use vulcan in the advent einsteins theory is replaced with a more advanced one that again explains vulcan! science is always coming up with new discoveries that overturn ideas they held previously.. at least, i believe this is the spirit of science... so - who knows? vulcan isn't happening now, but maybe it will be happening in a few hundred years! i have never used it myself, but it is fun to keep things fluid and not static.. i hope you are doing well astrojin and all is good in malaysia.. i have found memories of georgetown and penang.. if we go again, i'll get hold of you beforehand next time!

Hello again James...,

Yeah to totally guilty... humour is my self defense mechanism!

Anyway, we pray that this pandemic will be over soon so that we could aspect (see) each other traditionally (really physically se each other like the traditional aspects) and not via antiscion or contra-antiscion or zoom or whatever non-aspectual "distant" social interaction...

And of course, if you ever come back here, do tell!!

Vulcan still plays a role in Esoteric Astrology, in which it's considered to be an "etheric planet". That means it still exists inside Mercury's orbit and has astrological effect, but it's invisible and exerts no gravity (similar to ghosts and fairies).

L.H. Weston even proposed an ephemeris for Vulcan (although its orbital elements can't be proven physically, of course) which means it can be calculated in astrology programs. In that sense, Vulcan is similar to the eight Uranian bodies, which also have proposed orbits but can't be proven to exist physically.

In Esoteric Astrology, Vulcan is considered the esoteric ruler of Taurus, which means that rulership only applies on a soul or spiritual level. Venus is still the mundane or exoteric level ruler of Taurus (even to Esoteric Astrologers): https://www.astrolog.org/astrolog/asteso.htm#ruler
Astrolog 7.60 freeware downloads: http://www.astrolog.org/astrolog.htm :)

There are so many proposed hypothetical planets that astrologers have used it would make an interesting research topic worthy of a book!

We have Sepharial's version of Lilith (proposed on the dark side of the moon). From esoteric astrology, Vulcan, Goodman's sequence involving Vulcan, Apollo, Pallas etc, and of course the hypothetical planets still used in Uranian astrology.

Another, example here is given in an interview with the English astrologer Bernard Eccles where he describes his use of the planet Phaethon. It raises an interesting debate about synchronicity, divination, and the astrological efficacy of non-material hypothetical bodies.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/bernard.html

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Astrojin wrote:
Of course other astrologers have different scheme but one can see the lure of symmetry in the above scheme...

Watch out Astrojin as Master Yoda said:
''Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will."
:D

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Hi Mark,

Watch out Astrojin as Master Yoda said:

Quote:
''Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will."
Never!!! I shall walk in the path of light, a Jedi (traditional astrologer) I shall be!! ...hahahaha

james_m wrote:astrojin

i have often thought that humour is such an important ingredient to getting thru life and being happy... i will seek it out but it is helpful when i interact with someone who already has a strong sense of it - like you!

thanks for your comment.. i do recall a similar thinking about the obvious symmetry suggested with all these new planets, discovered and yet to be discovered.. my response to the friend who shared this article here was this -

yes - some will continue to use vulcan in the advent einsteins theory is replaced with a more advanced one that again explains vulcan! science is always coming up with new discoveries that overturn ideas they held previously.. at least, i believe this is the spirit of science... so - who knows? vulcan isn't happening now, but maybe it will be happening in a few hundred years! i have never used it myself, but it is fun to keep things fluid and not static.. i hope you are doing well astrojin and all is good in malaysia.. i have found memories of georgetown and penang.. if we go again, i'll get hold of you beforehand next time!
The way Isaak Asimov explained it, the effects on Mercury's orbit once attributed to Vulcan are (thanks Albert) now explained as the gravity of the Sun's gravitational field itself - and that may not be a far cry from the assumption of there being an "etheric planet".

Sure enough, Vulcan played a prominent role in the world models of various esotericists, including Alice A. Bailey, Rudolph Steiner and Dane Rudhyar. Interestingly, the latter saw him in close connection to the solar photosphere.

While current models of the solar system indeed suggest the likelihood of asteroid like objects in the vicinity of the Sun (some of which may have devastated Mercury's surface), searches with modern devices seem to rule out any such 'vulcanoids' exceeding a diameter of four kilometers existing today. However, while the topic is of rather marginal interest to most contemporary astronomers, Vulcan was apparently observed repeatedly by astronomers of renown in days gone by.

Maybe it is true that planets are recognized only once the zeitgeist is ready for them. Personally, I assume that the last word on Vulcan has not been spoken yet.

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/

Rudhyar's scheme is interesting in that, as the Sun takes the place of the Earth in the heliocentric model, Vulcan replaces the Moon. Therefore Vulcan should exist for 'symmetry reasons', much like it has been suggested that there ought to be additional major planets in the solar system for completing the extended rulership scheme of modern astrology.

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/