Significator void

Hello All,

I have a question concerning Significator being void. For example, 15° Gemini Mercury has completed its Retrograde cycle and is on its way to depart the sign. It will not aspect any planet until it moves to Cancer. How would a timing for a change work?

Thank you kindly,
Morganite

Hello Morganite,

In this phase of the Sun/Mercury cycle, Mercury is more concerned with future, external, social and real issues.
Mercury is at its maximum elongation from the Sun and is able to think 'freely'.
But here Mercury will square Neptune before it moves into Cancer. So people will either find you overwhelming or inspiring (Square)
The challenge will be to sort out reality vs illusions. Either way you choose, you will dive in eagerly like a free maverick.
Best approach: Do not sell your shirt for what you believe in. Lower down your expectations. Remember, this phase of the cycle gives you the ability to be 'objective' and if someone displays a little 'hocus-pocus' rainbow in front of you, the mirage will look like a 'déjà vu' thing for you.

Best to you,
Ouranos
Blessings!

Ouranos,

Thank you for your reply! If we analyze strictly traditional astrology then we will find that Mercury is void in the current sign. I wasn't asking about electional astrology but horary.

Morganite

A planet that is unaspected is probably going to continue doing what it is doing. It could be lost, drifting or feelings stuck or acting in a way that seems out of control ("feral"). The main issue with Mercury rx is that Lilly would say the querent is unable to make up their mind about something. They cannot be trusted to follow one way or the other about something and are unreliable in that regard. Mercury by nature lords different things too, such as money and contracts and communications. It is an inferior and a swift body, so it is already a planet known to change its mind and behavior pretty easily but you are adding in several other things that would exacerabte its behavior.

Keep in mind that the Moon also lords the qurent and the matter though.

If this is a question about when something is going to change, Mercury feral and retro would suggest the person needs to find more direction in what they want or else they are probably going to keep repeating behavior that is not going to get them anywhere. They might also specifically need to work on Mercurian things with Mercury involved: better communications, mundane tasks like going on interviews and filing out applications, etc.

I wouldn't really call Mercury unaspected though. It is still aspecting Saturn but the aspect is denied from perfection because Mercury changes to direct before it can complete it, similar to refranation (which is normally when a planet turns retro to avoid an aspect). This can still describe something in a question and Mercury would still take on the nature of Saturn around the matter because it is within orb of influence and Mercury is easily influenced by other planets. I certainly would not ignore this aspect. If Saturn represents something within the matter, it is likely to fall through though. Saturn usually lords delays and trouble within a matter so a question of when would suggest longer than expected. In this case it could be good that Mercury avoids aspect with Saturn if it does not lord something being asked about, so it depends. For example, if it does not lord a matter asked about, it could show a major roadblock that is coming that is avoided because the querent fixes themselves (turns direct and avoids the greater malefic). It could be a roadblock they faced before. However, it is again within orb and within orb means still felt somehow. If it is something they want, it would fall through and might be a repeat failure.

Dear Tanit,

Thank you once again! You explained it brilliantly.
I would like to focus on one particular statement you wrote.
You said "The main issue with Mercury rx is that Lilly would say the querent is unable to make up their mind about something." Mercury turned direct and it will continue its path in Gemini being as you state "feral". As far as Mercurial relationship with Saturn, they never perfect and since they are within the orb of influence, their relationship is still ongoing. Good thing it is not a square or an opposition and they are friendly to each other.
Mercury will not reach the next planet within the orb which is Jupiter until 25 degree. I think Lilly writes that if a planet separates from a negative planet to a positive, the issue at hand will improve, please correct me if I am wrong.

Are we still using Mercury and Saturn being trine as malefic? I am just trying to understand where your thinking process here.

Thank very kindly
Morganite

Mercury turned direct and it will continue its path in Gemini being as you state "feral".
Mercury is currently still retrograde. I checked a chart of the moment just now and it is still retro. An ephemeris says it turns direct tomorrow.
I think Lilly writes that if a planet separates from a negative planet to a positive, the issue at hand will improve, please correct me if I am wrong.
Generally, yes. Here Mercury is not within orb of Jupiter though so that would be arguable.
Are we still using Mercury and Saturn being trine as malefic? I am just trying to understand where your thinking process here.
Both Mars and Saturn are considered malefics. Even if they are a significator they often represent something more difficult. If they are not a significator for something they usually represent an obstacle. If they are a significator they can still represent perfection of a matter but the matter is often more difficult or comes with challenges or disappointment. If they are dignified they behave better but Saturn is currently retro. A trine is easier than a hard aspect but it is ultimately still an aspect with the greater malefic. The malefics are currently combining in energy with an opposition too, which isn't a pretty sight (especially if angular)..

I have an old thread on Saturn rx when dignified, by the way (I view it dignified as less difficult):
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5203

Tanit

I am so sorry for annoying you with questions but this one has been on my mind for a while.

Merc will separate from Saturn's orb of influence / moiety 8 degrees.
Right now Mercury is at 16 deg 08 minutes and Saturn is Aquarius 12 degrees 47 minutes. The current distance is +/- 3.2. It will take another 4.8 degrees to see Mercury to complete the separation from Saturn. Correct? Is it safe to assume that 4.8 units would be the timer?

Thanks
Morganite

I would probably just look at the degree Mercury turns direct to see when it changes the path it is on to move away from Saturn rather than how many degrees it takes to move away completely. When the aspect is denied is probably more key but the Moon is going to have a say in the matter too.

Tanit

Mercury will be beginning to move way on 23rd of June at 16°D 8.
I find Lunar sign change to be a good timer if someone was to ask about when a change will occur if the Lord does not aspect.

Thank you.
Morganite