The Life & Work of Vettius Valens
by Deborah Houlding
Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

How to Antidote Saturn Rising ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WooWoo

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject: How to Antidote Saturn Rising ? Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

A friend of mine's Daughter has Saturn Rising, and now has t.Saturn crossing her Ascendant, and the Saturn Return in a few years time.

Asc in Aquarius, but Saturn in Pisces.

Just interested in the Easy Wins for her ?

Classic Things to do to ditch Saturn's Misery ?

H
WooWoo

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So she is a Wooden Dog, and a Scorpio, in both Western and Vedic.

I am trying to work out which Animals she should avoid.

That seems to be Roosters and

As to which Signs ? I don't know which Signs Scorpios grate with !

Any personal experiences ?

H
james_m

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

share the chart woowoo.. it might solicit some commentary... if you can't - skip these tidbits, lol..
WooWoo

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for general Pointers.

H
james_m

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saturn rising are melancholic, depressive types... what is a tonic to that?? sunshine is a tonic to darkness, but some folks want to remain in darkness - are attached to it... hard to know how this person processes it all.. and of course saturn return hits everyone differently... it might be a realization she is surrounded by a bunch of people that are riding on confidence more then inner strength... she might gain the confidence she needs to be independent and on her own thanks the saturn return... hard to know without seeing the chart...
Michael Sternbach

Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes, to deal with a difficult planet in one's chart, it's best to find a sophisticated form of expression for it. In the case of Saturn, this could be a 'sober' and disciplined kind of meditation like za-zen.

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/
Zosma

Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturn in Pisces, learn to pray & have faith look to how Jupiter is placed in the chart for clues. My Saturn Cap 4th on return family structure changed death of parent.Saturn in Mula had to unravel roots from the past to find myself
FatedWayfarer

Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
share the chart woowoo..

I concur. All that was written before was based on the assumption that Saturn is weak in her natal chart.

But we donĀ“t know if it is so without seeing the natal chart.

Quote:
Asc in Aquarius, but Saturn in Pisces.

In that constellation, Saturn is probably in decan. So it is not peregrine.
WooWoo

Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will ask her if she minds being Analysed by Strange Men .....

H
james_m

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

h - that is a given seeing as she ran it thru you, lol.... cheers james
Tanit3333

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember a post in here before where a lot of astrologers said the Saturn return can be uneventful and some people speculated that those who are already very Saturnian don't notice it as much. Saturn often represents periods where we learn hard lessons, make sacrifices, suffer loss or failure. However, if someone has already dealt with that and has a lot of maturity, they may barely notice it. The 1st house deals with the mind, spirit, health and appearance. One might go through some health issues (mental or physical), identity crisis, issues with religion, their physical appearance is altered, etc. that is triggered by something Saturn shows being brought into their life. The lense they see the world through could change. Saturn often represents external issues that cause these changes in order to teach us lessons or bring karma.

What does Saturn aspect in the chart and does it lord the 12th or 2nd house with the 1st? Those houses may color the return. My Saturn lords my 7th and 8th, squares my ascendant lord Moon, and it represented a major heartbreak in my life that altered me on just about every level, since it aspected the ascendant lord too and carried some energy of the 8th with it. It also centered around the 3rd house a bit, as my Saturn is in the 3rd. Sometimes it can show a huge change, sometimes it doesn't. Someone with a strong Saturn in their 1st probably is already very familiar with the energy of Saturn, but if not they will become well acquainted. A dignified Saturn tends to be less difficult but again this depends on the things it interacts with too.
Ouranos

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jessica Davidson says 'When transit Saturn is in your 1st house, you see yourself for exactly who you are, and this helps you to be more realistic.' ... Often, this transit is an excellent time for starting something new, but it'll be long-term and not something you see rewards from in the short-term. You're making plans for many years to come'
It returns to its natal place between 27-and-a-half to 29 years but when it transits the ASC, and this can happen at any age, the universe is telling you "Welcome to adulthood!". When I got mine at the age of 24, I moved to another city with 3 goals in mind: Find a job (a natural for Saturn!), learn about natural food (Virgo rising and Saturn ruling my 6th) and join a group of astrologers (Aquarius 6th House). Which was very positive!
Tanit3333

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouranos - a house transit is a bit different than a return though. A return can bring out the destiny intrinsic in the planet, in my experience anyway. A Saturn return can be powerful. I doubt most people going through a Saturn return in the 1st feel like they know themselves well while it is going on, but they may know themselves well after the transit has ended. Saturn in traditional deals a lot with the unknown and can bring a period where things feel scary, unpredictable and where you are figuring out hidden or difficult things. I remember someone who had a return in the 12th and her father finally went to prison after he had wronged her and many others, as an example. I don't think the experience of that was likely very pleasant and probably even felt like she was facing all sorts of painful memories and experiences, but she did walk away from it with some freedom from that 12th house burden knowing he faced justice finally. I also had a dear older friend who passed away during his second return in Scorpio, at almost a partile conjunction but it lorded the 6th and aspected the ascendant lord Sun in the 8th (he died from pneumonia).
WooWoo

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Folks.

She lives with her Mum so I've tried to encourage her to do some different Things.

Skipping down the Street .... My Favourite

Salsa, basic steps and rhythm ....

Cryptos too

Telling Jokes

She also accused me of me thinking she was Overweight and Unattractive.

H
Tanit3333

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woowoo- I don't think a Saturn return means to try to be less Saturnian. If one tried to do that they might experience more resistance even. It is more so a time to accept the challenges it brings in a mature manner and to learn lessons, not revolt against them. If anything, some astrologers believe how you handle your first Saturn return helps dictate the later Uranus-Uranus opp that is the midlife crisis aspect. If someone doesn't learn to grow up, which is often what the Saturn return shows (mature adulthood), then that later transit can have them behaving in ways that are detrimental to their own stability and happiness. The Saturn return is a good time for deep thinking and soul searching and getting rid of old patterns of the area it represents that don't work. Therapy can be a good idea. I would save Jupiter transits for the jokes...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: