Salary Increase Chart

So I'm thinking of asking my boss for a salary hike. This has been playing on my mind for a while, however, I do not feel confident in asking him, since he is quite useless, and a very detached person. He does not even understand the role I do, so let alone compensating me for it. However if one does not ask, one will never know. I drew up the chart and it does not looking very promising to me.In fact I see an opposition between me and the house of increase

I am mars in the 10th house of work, I would not say strong, but not weak either. House of gains is 2nd/Jupiter, my household expenses are increasing. Both Mars and Jupiter in 2 units will be in opposition, so expenses could be a challenge. I do not see this going well.
If I look at end of the matter, 4th from 2nd, would be 6th house, ruled by the sun, Sun conjuncts Mercury (next job) in 7 units..maybe a long shot, dont know.

https://i.postimg.cc/ZqppDbGP/astro-2gw ... 248291.png
Regards

I normally read salary increases as 11th house, since it is gain/salary of a job (2nd from 10th). I also look at the condition of the Moon, which hasn't been mentioned here. Moon is in a water sign and sign of the greater benefic but it is also decreasing in light. It is leaving a benefic via opposition and carries that light. Similarly, Mercury is in a water sign but is applying to combustion with the 10th lord. This could suggest a slight increase in pay if warranted. The 2nd lord probably just describes your current financial concerns and the fact that it is retrograding into a sign of Saturn and leaving its own dignity would suggest financial issues, as you stated already. With Jupiter lording finances, one has to look more carefully at how they manage their finances because there can be a tendency to over-spend or give money away to those in need too freely.

I wonder if the boss is Venus, since it lords the 7th and is in the 10th house. The 7th can show other people you work with and the 10th is associated with superiors. They are in fall but are Venus, which could show someone who tries to be helpful but may not have much ability to help. The 10th lord is strong but opposite Saturn so they may ne looking to cut costs rather than increase salaries at the moment and it might not be the best time to ask. The angles are also fixed so change is less likely to happen and I would not expect much of an increase.

I will say though that I did a similar chart a month ago and it didn't look great either but it didn't impact me specifically, it just showed the company has had to cut some stuff. I still got a good raise. In my case the Moon was also in Pisces but separating from Jupiter and was applying to trine Sun. In horary, one of the most positive aspects you can get is Moon-Sun trine so that probably helped the most. My 11th lord was Mars in the 8th in opp to my second lord Saturn in the 2nd. I think it was just showing the company is in some financial trouble. I have been searching for a second job as a backup. With the pandemic, companies are more likely to be going through hardship right now. That could be why your 11th house lord is in a water sign but applying towards combustion - their finances might be going through more loss than usual.

There are a lot of oppositions at the moment and it can feel very frustrating. It might be better to wait until the planets are a bit more friendly. Maybe check your own indicators in your natal for the best time too and I usually do an event chart for when I might ask for such a thing. There is a general article about financial gain in skyscript and you would want to look at it from a gain perspective rather than, say a loan, where you don't want to accumulate debt.
https://www.skyscript.co.uk/wealthelect.html

Good luck and keep us posted.

Hello ashwsh,

Your Mars is strong Angular at MC, conjunct Regulus and Free of beams. So you have a value for the organization yet you have no reception with VenusL7 and you are under the rulership of a strong Sun in LeoL10.
The Waning and Peregrine Moon applies by square to Fortuna at 12 Gemini ruled by MercuryL11 (the raise!), by conjunction to Neptune and by trine to Mercury.
But Mercury is leaving Cancer before the aspect perfects(Refranation).
Mercury in Cancer is also in the Fall of MarsL1
You will drop the matter. Wait for a more auspicious time as suggested by Tanit.

Good luck,
Ouranos
Blessings!

Thank you Tanit and Ouranos!

I thought about what you both have mentioned and it does sound about right.
Financially organization is struggling. However, if I look at myself, I think I need to wait a couple of months more. This will give time for the project I have executed to show results.

I am not surprised by my boss/Venus, having no aspect with me, because first, my boss has no idea or interest in knowing what any of us do. Secondly, as a person, he is so detached, that it would not bother him if any one of us quit or even died...lol. I remember few months, there was an outbreak in my son's daycare of Covid-19, so I had to quartine him and myself for a few days. As a policy, I had to inform him and the HR manager about the same. While the HR manager and other team members kept a check on me, and if there were any symptoms, but my boss didn't even bother to message me once. His EQ is indeed poor, not sure about IQ too.

I'm hoping for my work situation to improve, or if not get find another job.
I am bleeding financially and need to control it somehow. I really don't know how to make an electional/event chart. Can you please guide me?

Thank you very much again
Regards

Here are some general guidelines for Electional
- The Moon is the most important factor to consider. It will show how things will pan out.
Dignified, not burned, aspected by benefics and Angular is a good rule of thumb. Avoid Cadent Houses, they have no power.
- As Tanit mentioned a good aspect between the Moon and the Sun is an excellent foundation for success and will improve any election.
- Waxing is best = increase
Of course, some things in life need a waning Moon
- Then the significators Jupiter, Sun, Venus and Moon favorably placed make successful affairs.
- Under a NM, never applying to a malefic.
- Cardinal signs will make things happen more quickly.
- Fortify the ASC and the IC (end of the matter)
- In your example, for a raise, tie up the Moon with Jupiter and Venus to the 11th House or Rulers and your ASC.

And here an excellent article by Steven Forrest on Electional
https://mountainastrologer.com/standard ... ional.html
Blessings!

Hello All,

I continue to struggle financially with my job and on top of it I see people on LinkedIn posting about their promotions, it bothers me. I'm not jealous or unhappy with them, but just wonder what am I doing wrong and why ain't I getting a good salary.
As we enter into 2022, I really want my compensation to get better, be it this job or next to one. I am going to now start applying for new jobs as well as I do not see much hope in the current scenario and my boss isn't really helpful, I and my team members are a liability on him. I asked if salary would get better in the next 6months?
The chart I drew does give me some hope, but not much, especially when I see NN and moon in the 11th house + SuN/Moon trine.
Both Moon and Mars are the dignity of Jupiter/10th house ruler, so maybe my current job would give me a hike, not new, but since both are peregrine, gain won't be that much.
Thoughts on this, please?
Questions:
Also, will the end of the matter be derived from house 10th from 10th or will it be 10th from 11th?
Both Mars and Mercury are at zero degrees. Moon and Venus are both at 25 degrees, is there any significance there?

The link to the chart is below:

https://i.postimg.cc/jdgjM6fL/salary-go ... 221819.jpg
Regards

Moon being in the house of the matter may not necessarily be a yes to a question but it helps support the chart being radical a lot of the time. Moon is increasing in light this time, showing potential for gain and separates from a nice fire trine Sun (2nd lord), but applies to square Venus without reception next and Venus lords the intercepted rulership of the 11th house. The 10th lord will be changing signs in a few degrees (cadent is usually in months if not years, and in real time Dec 28th) to its dignity and may signal a job change. Moon being in the last 5 degrees of a sign and the next sign being its exaltation could support a job change being beneficial too. If it were me I would look to a new position and this chart is not showing lack of change, unlike the other chart, although now you seemed to frame the question more broadly than just a salary increase at your current job.

Squares without reception take a lot of personal effort to achieve something. Venus is a benefic though and suggests some gain can be achieved with a lot of extra effort on your part.

I see the fire Moon-Sun trine as some fire in your belly galvanizing the question and the matter at hand but just make sure you follow through with that initial drive and don't let it fizz out. Fire in financial issues is hard to sustain but it can get the ball rolling. The trick is to keep that energy going into your pursuits.

One issue that stands out is Neptune in the 10th. I would try to have more clear expectations of the career you want and the end goal to your pursuits. Neptune suggests a lot of confusion in your career choices so it is best to think logically about what will work for you rather than taking lofty leaps into the unknown. Major changes could actually signal worse financial insecurity if not planned properly.

When I see people ask about chronic career issues and not feeling like they are getting where they want to go, it is often a Neptune transit they are dealing with. Neptune at least helps you separate dreams from reality. Do not compare your successes with others - focus on what will make you happy and what will work for you.

Tanit gave you already a good feedback
Just want to point that the Moon, Venus and Pluto are in critical degrees of which Jacobson says "..will bring matters to a critical point, a crisis, or to a head..." They are linked to the 28 Lunar Mansions around the Zodiac, marking a transition.
0 - 13 - 26 Cardinal
9 - 21 Fixed
4 -17 Common

With a Moon in Aries the question is approached impulsively and with great independence. Also a sense of emergency and a tendency to leave before getting an answer. I find the late degrees of a sign showing up as 'being pressured' by the question. Something like 'Last call' - 'Hurry up! We are about to close."
I remember back in 2007, Oprah Winfrey arrived late (15m after the closing of Hermes store in Paris) and the store turned her away. I think she wanted to shop for a $38,000 handbag and maybe some additional goodies, little did the store knew about it. The incident was reported to have happened June 14 2007 around 6:45 p.m in Paris.
Anyway, she was Scorpio rising with Pluto R in 2nd House (late degrees of Sag) with an applying opposition from the Moon. Planets do not discriminate!
Blessings!

Thank you both! really appreciate your response.
I have started my job hunt last week. Trying to spend at least an hour every day now applying for new roles. Getting some initial momentum from recruiters, but hope it does not fizzle out with them. Like Tanit mentioned I will have to stay active and engaged. New jobs don't come to me easily anytime. Natally, I'm a Virgo ascendant with Moon in Scorpio and that makes my 11th lord debilitated. So gains financially from the job are a lot of hard work or low for me. It is just that I'm getting tired of putting so much effort each time to achieve something, and it does not feel good. Anyway, I'm trying to stay motivated. Fingers crossed, hope something good comes along :-).
thank you again!
Regards

So a few things have happened over the last few months during my job search:
I got interview calls from 3 places and none materialized.
One was a start-up so after 2 rounds of interviews, they figured they were looking for someone else. 2nd place stood me up, never showed up for the interview and 3rd place, I went till the last round, but the kind of questions they asked has made me question their abilities as well and if I want to move from my current big organization to this place whose basics are not in place. They were just got bought out by another large firm based out of the US, so makes me wonder for how long will my job be safe if they did decide to relocate their HO.

At the current job: My boss whom I asked for a hike quit without giving me one. My colleague retired and his large portfolio of work was handed over to me. My new boss got me a little hike, but not as much as I would have got if I had moved jobs. Plus now I am drowning in work. This is not good. I get anxious the moment I open my laptop.

Based on these developments, I have now started to question if I will ever get a new job.
The time period of the last chart is almost over and so I pulled in another chart to ask when will I find a new job with better pay and designation

Moon in Scorpio, debilitated gives my mindset of being in a poor position and less gain. The entire experience has started to make me question my abilities and ask if I am even good enough?
The ascendant Jupiter is exalted and so is the new job, venus.
Venus is in the dignity of Asc lord/Jupiter (exalted); Venus in 3rd means connections; community; network. So maybe a new one could come through them (if it does)
There are no aspects in any other form that I see
https://i.postimg.cc/hGN0Jwdb/astro-2gw ... 105582.png
Regards

ashwsh wrote:So a few things have happened over the last few months during my job search:
I got interview calls from 3 places and none materialized.
One was a start-up so after 2 rounds of interviews, they figured they were looking for someone else. 2nd place stood me up, never showed up for the interview and 3rd place, I went till the last round, but the kind of questions they asked has made me question their abilities as well and if I want to move from my current big organization to this place whose basics are not in place. They were just got bought out by another large firm based out of the US, so makes me wonder for how long will my job be safe if they did decide to relocate their HO.

At the current job: My boss whom I asked for a hike quit without giving me one. My colleague retired and his large portfolio of work was handed over to me. My new boss got me a little hike, but not as much as I would have got if I had moved jobs. Plus now I am drowning in work. This is not good. I get anxious the moment I open my laptop.

Based on these developments, I have now started to question if I will ever get a new job.
The time period of the last chart is almost over and so I pulled in another chart to ask when will I find a new job with better pay and designation

Moon in Scorpio, debilitated gives my mindset of being in a poor position and less gain. The entire experience has started to make me question my abilities and ask if I am even good enough?
The ascendant Jupiter is exalted and so is the new job, venus.
Venus is in the dignity of Asc lord/Jupiter (exalted); Venus in 3rd means connections; community; network. So maybe a new one could come through them (if it does)
There are no aspects in any other form that I see
https://i.postimg.cc/hGN0Jwdb/astro-2gw ... 105582.png
Hello All, Any thoughts on this chart?
Regards

Ashwsh - I'm not really seeing a different answer to your question than the previous chart. Moon in the 11th house of salary/gains from work is prohibited from reaching Jupiter by Saturn, the 2nd lord, fixed in the 2nd, via square. The Moon applies to Saturn next before it can reach Jupiter, asc lord. Delays. It is unlikely to mean "forever" but now would be time for patience and persistence in your efforts. That which you want achieved will require a lot of work (Saturn). Saturn rewards patience, hard work and not taking shortcuts.