Hello Annadeer,

Hope you are doing well in your busy schedule!

If you asked the question, you are the ASC.
If he is the 11th house? Let the chart guide you to find out if he is represented by the ruler of the 11th house.
He could also be ruled by the 7th House (any person) or by the natural ruler. See what best fit his description.
And look up at the Moon 'driving the action'.

Sometimes we spend too much time trying to figure out who or what rules what and we forget to look at the chart and where the action is taking place.
For example, if you find out that nothing is going on with the ruler of the 11th, like by aspects or the Moon doesn't dance with the 11th house ruler, then look at the planets involved with the Moon and go in that direction.

Read this post by Archergirl back in 2006
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/s ... hp?t=12782

What I have found more useful than a horary chart when someone gets in touch with you is to cast the chart for when the communication took place. Oftentimes, they will voice something about the matter in question and you can see how this may unfold.

Best to you,
Ouranos
Blessings!

The ASC does not always fit the querent when the person did not ask the question directly.
This is why you have to decide which house best fit the person you are inquiring about.
In this case, do you feel you correspond to the ASC? Does your friend correspond to the 11th House or the 7th or any other House? He could be your boss.
I have seen questions asked with a value statement in it instead of looking at what will happen.
I had a case of a missing person and when I looked at the chart, I gave him the 7th House in Sagittarius... because he was Jupiterian in look and he was living abroad.
Your question has a Yes or No statement to it.
My approach would be to look at the Moon and the aspects it makes to other planets. Applying = Yes Separating = No
And any of these planets encountered ruling what could be assigned by rulership to your friend. (11th, 1st, 7th...)

Think about it the other way around.
Don't build the frame before answering the question.
Build the frame from your intuition, your knowledge and what the chart is telling you. This way you will see the picture unfolding in front of your eyes.
The frame is just a sketch. If you have watched children trying to put a ball in a square or a star shaped toy, their attention is not so much to solve the puzzle but to put the ball 'somewhere'. Once they understand the riddle, they will put the ball in a round shaped hole. Their attention is then moved to the solution. Your solution here is simple. Yes or No.
Blessings!

Thanks a lot Ouranos!

Here my own reading:

Ruler of the Asc Venus in Pisces, representing me, makes sense, as a female artist.

I use the 11th house in Leo for my friend, for he is someone I consider a friend, not a partner and not just ‘the other person’. Ruler of 11th is the Sun - as a middle-aged man, that suits him. Sun in Aries, fits him too. Mars ruler of Aries is at 29 Aquarius, anaretic degree — something problematic going on for him.

First, I checked the fixed stars — no unfortunate ones involved, except for the Moon, the engine of the matter, at 26.51 degrees Virgo almost exactly conjunct the very unfortunate Alkaid (26.56) , associated with death, war, mourning.

Ascendant at 4 libra conjunct Zaniah, very fortunate — not sure if this represents me or the question.

The 5th house = the 7th of the 11th in Aquarius. His girlfriend and their relationship are represented by Saturn in Aquarius. Aquarius points at their relationship not being conventional and involving freedom and/or instability (they don’t live in the same country and spend lots of time apart).

Saturn at 23 Aquarius and Sun at 24 Aries make an outgoing sextile.
Saturn being in its domicile and the sextile are positive indicators for their relationship.

But MArs, ruler of the Sun, in the anaretic degree of Aquarius, seems to indicate he is moving away from her.

Juno, asteroid of marriage, at 27 Aquarius is in between Saturn and Mars (29 Aquarius) — normally Juno being trapped between two malefics would be a very inauspicious indicator, but from what I’ve understood, as Saturn is in its domicile, this probably takes away the negativity and may point at a durable relationship in spite of its instability.

Now Moon in the 12th conjunct above mentioned unfortunate Alkaid looks very inauspicious. The 12th indicates problems and may indicate they are hiding things from each other. Moreover Moon is at the apex of a yod with Mars and the Sun. It makes a trine with Pluto - even if it’s a trine, Pluto being a malefic, this isn’t necessarily auspicious.

Not sure what to conclude.
Moon conjunct Alkaid and Mars in the anaretic degree seem to say ’no, they won’t stay together’
But Saturn in its domicile seems to say yes, they will stay together — be it in a somehow dysfunctional relationship.

Would love to read your thoughts.

Your reading of the significators make sense here.
I would say yes they will stay together
- Strong SU (Exalted) /SA (Rulership) sextile
- And with Juno, they are not in this relationship for a fling. They are both looking for someone who is important in their life.
- Adding the Moon in Virgo (co-ruler) looking for security (Earth) and able not to let emotions take over. In the 12th and Mutable, the action is to sweep it under the carpet.
- Mars about to change sign indicates that a move is about to change the dynamics of their relationship. Mars ruling his 9th and her 3rd. This will require some adjustments but they will flow with it as Mars is entering a Mutable sign. Goldstein-Jacobson says that a planet in 29d shows that a person is "about to make a definite change". Furthermore, the quincunx between the Moon and Mars says that your friend may be facing the need to support her but the matter will be dropped (Mars leaving before the aspect perfect).
Blessings!

Ouranos wrote: Sometimes we spend too much time trying to figure out who or what rules what and we forget to look at the chart and where the action is taking place.
For example, if you find out that nothing is going on with the ruler of the 11th, like by aspects or the Moon doesn't dance with the 11th house ruler, then look at the planets involved with the Moon and go in that direction.

Read this post by Archergirl back in 2006
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/s ... hp?t=12782
This statement of yours is not verified by the quoted text. The author solely
advises to resort to the general significators.

Or do I miss something in the quoted article?
Sometimes using the house rulers doesn’t give you a very good description of the person you are asking about. In this case, use traditional rulers instead, and see if they ‘fit’ better:

This statement of yours is not verified by the quoted text. The author solely advises to resort to the general significators.
Not exactly! It is an article on the general significators and how to play with the chart including the House rulers.
My point here that I get from this article is to use your judgment which is what transpires from this article.

And this is exactly what annadeer did when she said 'Ruler of the Asc Venus in Pisces, representing me, makes sense, as a female artist.'... and her following interpretation.
She used her judgment by looking at the chart. See how she resolved the question she had whether or not she was the ASC. And I am not saying that you will always be the ASC but if you use your judgment and knowledge, you will find the answer.

Sometimes, you see horary astrologers stating for example that a specific house represents someone in the chart... without looking at the chart. They build their canvas and then try to fit the question into it. My approach is to look at what you know of the question and to identify it in the chart.
You get the same approach in the article when she says 'Sometimes using the house rulers doesn’t give you a very good description of the person you are asking about. In this case, use traditional rulers instead, and see if they ‘fit’ better.' The general feeling is to be led by what the chart is telling you.

Let me give you another example.
You ask about your car and you see that the 3rd House ruler doesn't fit the description and look of your car. On the other hand, when you look at Mercury, you see that it describes perfectly your car. For God's sake, use Mercury. And the reverse would be true as well, if the 3rd House ruler better describes your car than Mercury, use the 3rd House ruler.

Best to you,
Ouranos
Blessings!