Houses and theatre, film, auditions

Which house would I use to find out if I will be offered a role? I know acting belongs in the 5th house, but in terms of auditions, can't determine if it's still the 5 house for "playing", 10th house since this is my wanna be career, or 7th house since it would be a partnership if I was to get it or 6th house of side jobs as this is also my side job until I can do it alone?
AMT

In my experience, if the Moon or the ascendant lord (with support of the Moon) forms a strong aspect with a good planet, especially from or to angular houses, the matter should develop positively. Sometimes you just don't need to decide which house to use.

I have just had a house search chart where a Taurus Moon in the 7th applies to sextile Virgo Mercury in the 10th. It was just a sextile and there wasn't much reception (only Moon received the Mercury by Face), but these planets were strong and friendly. The ascendant lord did nothing. That's it, a few offers came through within two days.

In another chart for my friend, a Libra Moon in the ascendant was trine an Aquarius Jupiter in the 5th. A rental offer worked out also within a few days. True, the Moon also had mutual reception with Venus the 8th lord, which was in the 8th, but her immediate aspect was with that Jupiter which ruled House 6. One could argue these are relevant houses, but to me, sometimes you just don't need to specify a house.

I also had job charts that worked out with Moon applying strongly to NOT the MC lord. It was either strong planets or with good reception. Again the houses didn't seem to matter to me.

So, it really depends on the chart. Good application from Moon is very promising. I've never seen a chart with a well-aspected Moon that didn't work out to at least some satisfaction of the querent. Application from/to the ascendant lord, if the Moon's testimony isn't against it, should work, too.

Amelia

Thanks, but not sure that was as helpful as you thought. I did not draw a chart just wrote the time down when the question came to mind bc I did know which house to use, and unless it's just me- I could not find a single topic on auditions and horary in the forum nor much onlines. So not sure actors just aren't involved with astrology, or astrologers don't know how to answer the question.
AMT

Hello astro...
Your question is not clear enough. You are asking 'Will I be offered a role?' like a wish rather than a statement. Wait for an offer and then ask 'Will I get this role?' And this is a 10th House question because you will go through a selection process, an interview and a contract.
Your ruler, planets in ASC and the Moon in good aspect and reception to the ruler of the 10th and planets therein are what you look at. 7th House for the interview and clearance if need be.

Reception is an important part of the question.
Please review the 120 aphorisms of Ibn Ezra on https://www.skyscript.co.uk/bow.html
Consider House like Sign also and here are some rules below

79 The star in the house of its honour (Rulership and Angular) is like a man in the pinnacle of his rank. - You are on top of the list!
80 The star at its limit [terms] is like a man in his seat. - You feel you are fit for the job!
81 The star in the house of its triplicity is like a man with his relatives. - You are received because you have something in common with the company!
82 The star in its face corresponds to a man with his ornaments and clothing. - You have the suit for the interview to start up with!
84 The star in its form is like a man in a situation suitable to himself. - In Rulership, you qualify!
85 The star, which is in the reverse of its form, is like a man in a situation unsuitable to himself. - In Detriment, don't go against the grain!
86 The star in the house of its hatred is like a man dissatisfied with himself. - In Fall, you come unprepared
87 The star in a position over which it does not predominate corresponds to a man who is not in his country. - Peregrine, you come in late, you don't have the right address, you forgot the hour of the interview etc.
89 The Star which moves beneath the rays of the Sun is like a man in prison. - Under the beams, you don't shine!
91 The star, which is about to assume a retrograde motion, is like a man bewildered and trembling at the misfortunes which will befall him. - You say Yes and you change your mind or You say No and you change your mind. Timing is a key factor here!
92 The star which retrogrades is like a twitching and rebellious person.

And as Amelia said, the Moon will tell the story. I would rather have a good Moon placement and aspects than a dignifired ruler

Blessings,
Ouranos
Blessings!

I went to an audition and then received a callback, and was told they would let us know within 48 hours. So in asking the question I wasn't wishing for.. except hoping that I would get the role, but asking the question in regards to the statement made that they would let actors know within 48 hour who has the role. It was neither a statement or wish as I added a question mark...making it a question.

Anyway, I got the part.
AMT

Just simply Astro, to answer your question……

I would look to the 7th house and treat any auditions as job interviews. After all, acting a part in a production of any kind will be a job of work.
The 7th should show any upcoming opportunities in the way of auditions/interviews plus your attitude towards them.

Just read your latest post - sorry a bit late but you can still look at chart and perhaps see how it worked out.
Congratulations!

Congratulations and all my best wishes to you, AMT.

My answer to your question about the proper house is, simply the 10th.
And this is for questions about the actual role, or about a potential role.

It would be very interesting if you could give the data of your question!

Would you mind to post those data or even the chart?

Thanks in advance.

astromythtarotbyjc wrote:Thanks, but not sure that was as helpful as you thought.
Well, well, I take this to mean you disagree with my approach, that's OK, there is no need to sound like I have wasted your time by being so unhelpful. :?

I saw that you assumed you must specify a house to be used before you read the chart. I merely suggested that you mightn't need to, and I had seen charts that worked out with different houses about the same subject. This approach is not mine, but Bonatti's as outlined in Liber Astronomiae, Part 4, page 42, for example:

Bonatti (d. 1296-1300) wrote:
...If the lord of the Ascendant, or the Moon, is not joined to the lord of the house of substance or of the matter sought for, nor to any planet which is in that house, then you should see to which of the planets the lord of the Ascendant, or the Moon, is being joined; because if any of these is being joined to a well-disposed fortune which is not impeded, or it is in an angle, nor is the fortune being joined to another planet, nor another planet to it which it receives, or which commits its own disposition to it, the querent will acquire the substance, or the matter sought for will be perfected.
Or in Petros Eleftheriadis's book (he was head tutor for the QHP programme). I could post my charts if someone wants to have a look. You don't have to agree with me, and I didn't claim this was the only approach, either.

johannes susato wrote:Still very interested in the data or chart of AMT's question, I would really appreciate it as much to have alook at your charts, Amelia.
Sure Johannes. See the new thread.

Thank you all for the help!

Time: Sept 2nd 2021 Event 8:12pm, Los Angeles, CA

I had just finished my 1st round of auditions and didn't do well. I was called back in two other times, with the same actor, and then another.

Auditions started at 8pm and ended at 10:15pm

After my first audition Sept 1st, I received an email from a gentleman who is part of the company with the same last name as mine. This is important as I have a rare last name in the US, but it's well known in Amsterdam, where this man resides. I know I did well in my first audition and for the callback the last two times, and felt the director saw my acting ability, but also think this gentleman with the same last name as me, might have made an impact-not sure that can be seen in the charts. I didn't mention to the director that I had spoken with the gentleman as he didn't bring it up in the audition, and I assumed the gentleman didn't either.

Just wanted to preface that, and that I moved to LA a year ago and have no connection to the theatre company until now.To be honest, there just felt like something was meant to be-and not sure if viewable...I noticed that the POF has the most amounts of aspects. Since the Asc is Aries...I am also an Aries rising and Sun in my natal chart.
[/img]
Last edited by astromythtarotbyjc on Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
AMT

Gina wrote:Just simply Astro, to answer your question……

I would look to the 7th house and treat any auditions as job interviews. After all, acting a part in a production of any kind will be a job of work.
The 7th should show any upcoming opportunities in the way of auditions/interviews plus your attitude towards them.

Just read your latest post - sorry a bit late but you can still look at chart and perhaps see how it worked out.
Congratulations!
Thank you!
7th makes a lot of sense, and so does the other houses others have mentioned...and there comes more questions of which one should I rely on.

Most theatre jobs do not pay- so would i use a different house?
If it does pay like for this role-Would i use the 10th house?- and since this is the career I would like to go into- as in hollywood but haven't yet-is it still fair to use the 10th house?
Since I have a full time job- do I then use my 6th house since the would be a side job?
And for 7th house-my question is-it would only be a partnership if I receive the role-and so would I still use it for asking the same question despite not know yet if it would be a partnership?
AMT