king charles - aj commentary from an e mail

i thought aj had some very good insights into a small part of the astrology at work in king charles chart and he has granted me permission to share them here... bear in mind, it is via an e mail and more conversational and off the cuff...

-------------------------

"I read this somewhere... 'Charles lack of royal stars in his chart is interesting. First of all there are no contacts to any of the Royal Stars, even Trump has Regulus conjunct his Lagna and Mars.'
(Well something like it, I embellished the quote a great deal so it's not really a quote.)

At first glance his chart seems unremarkable for kingship... but this is not so. So this is to set the record straight. There are no royal star contacts; not a big deal, they are a refining element anyway. Here is my take:

Rahu with the Moon in a kendra. The Moon also rules a kendra. This is reinforced by Jupiter's exact trine from the 6H, note that Ju is strong in its MT sign. The 10H is strong as it is disposited by yogakaraka Mars in the auspicious 5H. Mars is also in Aries in the D10 Tenth house.

Why did it take so long to become King? I think the elevated Moon (mother) with Rahu accounts for the longevity of the mother and the weak Sun would indicated delay in the assumption of power. Saturn too has a large part to play as 8L of obstructions it is exactly conjunct the EBM of the 2H of status and the Sun's sign of Leo. Saturn is also aspecting the 4H of mother and landed properties that the Royals depend so much on. Saturn's affliction to the house where the Sun is placed further weakens the Sun's ability to promote its significations.

Sun though weak is in a kendra and Charles III was born close to an applying Full Moon. The ancient texts would call this luminous."

------------------------------------------
my response via e mail -
"excellent observations once again aj!

especially this paragraph -"Rahu with the Moon in a kendra. The Moon also rules a kendra. This is reinforced by Jupiter's exact trine from the 6H, note that Ju is strong in its MT sign. The 10H is strong as it is disposited by yogakaraka Mars in the auspicious 5H. Mars is also in Aries in the D10 Tenth house."

but really all of your thoughts that follow are excellent.. we all come into this world with different roles to play perhaps.. the prominence of the moon in charles chart is reflected in this life he has lived in the shadows of his mom for most of his life..

i thought i would look at charles D9 chart... an interesting saturn in the 10th in the sign cancer, while sun in the 9th is most visible... i still haven't figured out how to incorporate the D9 chart into a greater understanding of indian astrology.."

--------------------------------------------

now you probably want to know what was said about the D9 or navamsa chart, lol....

Re: king charles - aj commentary from an e mail

I presume EBM means equal bh??vamadhya = house cusp?

A point which I think important to keep in mind is what is the default option or baseline for a given nativity. For someone born as the heir to the throne, eventually becoming monarch is the default, and no special indications of rise in status are needed. (Strictly speaking, that is what r??jayogas are about. In India, the order of succession was not generally as clear-cut as in modern European monarchies.) Rather, one would have to look for decidedly negative indications, either for status or for longevity, that could prevent things from taking their normal course. Also relevant, for obvious reasons, are indications of early loss of whichever parent is the reigning monarch.

In this regard, it is very instructive to compare the nativities of Edward VIII, George VI, Elizabeth II and Charles III (and I might throw in Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden, who, like Queen Elizabeth, succeeded to the throne very early in life). I tend to do so from a more Graeco-Perso-Arabic perspective, though, so this may not be the right forum.
https://astrology.martingansten.com/

In this regard, it is very instructive to compare the nativities of Edward VIII, George VI, Elizabeth II and Charles III (and I might throw in Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden, who, like Queen Elizabeth, succeeded to the throne very early in life). I tend to do so from a more Graeco-Perso-Arabic perspective
General question:
What are the methods used in Indian or Graeco-Perso-Arabic tradition to see if someone will access to the throne early in life?
Any indications from the planets being oriental or occidental to the Sun?
Any day or night consideration?
Any quadrant type position?
Any other considerations from sub divisions of the ecliptic?
Blessings!

Ouranos wrote:
General question:
What are the methods used in Indian or Graeco-Perso-Arabic tradition to see if someone will access to the throne early in life?
Any indications from the planets being oriental or occidental to the Sun?
Any day or night consideration?
Any quadrant type position?
Any other considerations from sub divisions of the ecliptic?
This is a broad and many sided question, and could result in an interesting discussion. But it seems these questions should be moved to a part of the forum accessed by most members rather than here on the Indian topic. And then we are speaking of two traditions. Would it be interesting to compare them or should they be keep separate? Or should we look at the Graeco-Perso-Arabic influence on India's astrology?
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

I would consider all those factors, focusing on the sect light and its triplicity rulers. Several Greek and Arabic authors dedicate parts of their works to the 'fortune of rank' or 'eminence'; those are the sort of things I'd look for. The last few generations of the British royal family offer particularly useful material for comparison since they have, in order, the shortest-reigning monarch (Edward VIII, never crowned), a younger brother succeding unexpectedly to the throne (George VI), the longest-reigning monarch (Elizabeth II), and the necessary corollary, the longest-serving heir apparent (Charles III).

And yes, if we want to discuss these things further, we may want to continue in the Traditional forum.
https://astrology.martingansten.com/