I am completely on-board with what you wrote. I merely wanted to point out, underscore, highlight, put up in lights; just how actually ground-breaking this work is, so that that element of this doesn't get lost in the Peyton Place of personal interactions on the forum. These elements of personal interactions should have a priorty of second or less. Presenting good astrology should always be first priority. (ie. I'd much, much rather get excellent astrology presented by a cantankerous old cuss that might act like a hibernating bear just poked with a stick, than get mediocre astrology from the nicest bloke you could ever meet) [Realizing this might just be only MY perspective.]

To me, all astrological information exists as well outside of the person presenting it. As an example, Alexander Marr was known to be forceful in his opinions, with little tolerance for what he deemed "fictional methods." Some liked him, clearly many did not. However, if his voice were to have been cut off, we would have missed out on so many important concepts and understandings. That's basically what I'm trying to prevent here, by smoothing it over (on both sides) to the best of my ability.

This is Debbie's forum...so ultimately she sets the rules of the game and we agree to those rules when we become members here. That is a given.

I was/AM just trying to keep everything in this issue at what seems to be its relative importance. (though realizing we all see this individually)

On nearly all forums, we see these "penis-size contests" in various forms or another, between various members (pun intended). Those with shaky egos will likely overdo all reactions as compensation. Those with healthy egos will likely merely pull out just enough to win. ;)

I am debating starting a forum of my own and I have to say, of the few people that I would openly invite to present there, linchi would be one of the very first. (for his information, research, and help; not because he necessarily "plays well with others")

Thank you, Michael, for taking the time to clarify everything and personally write to me. You guys (moderators) don't have it easy, especially where it's damned if you do, damned if you don't type circumstances.

Respect.

The other moderators have already commented and I fully support their efforts to resolve this amicably.

Everyone is welcome to post on this forum and site, the number one rule however is to be respectful and focus on astrology - in this case astrology centred on a sidereal zodiac or frame of reference.

If you’re not sure, ask yourself if your sentences are focused on astrology, or another poster, if the latter, don’t post it.

The moderation team won’t be putting posts on trial, nor posters, we won’t be calling in evidence or getting into endless back and forth about what was really meant, or why someone deserves it. The moderators have had to step in a few times here and have explained the forum rules clearly.

Deb asked me to administer this site, we all want to talk about astrology, let’s just do that. I’ve always been a long time lurker, preferring to read than post, and nobody wants to censor or silence anyone but if any poster continues to be passive aggressive or insulting (as determined by me or any other moderator) then I’ll just ban that account for two weeks to cool off.

Consider this a reset. Let’s get back to the astrology.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

https://heavenlysphere.com/

atlantean / james

my impression is you have a lot of opinions and are generally very forceful in your opinions too... i can live with that, but there are others here, perhaps ess forceful in nature who aren't being heard from... bottom line is when a person crosses the line - and this is very important, as it is a public forum where everyone is invited - it is a major problem... the reason for this is we are all students and need to not only learn about astrology here, but about how to appreciate different perspectives and positions others can have about astrology.. in fact, i would argue that without an appreciation for others work and ideas - it doesn't matter how great someones ideas are..

people get banished for a reason.. social interaction trumps astrological work... this is how i see it and how i believe it should be... cheers james

ps - do start your own site and then you can set the terms!

just reading pauls commentary... ditto pauls thoughts here..

Re: "I’ve always been a long time lurker, preferring to read than post,..."

Enough so that I didn't know you were still here!

We had many talks here, quite a few years ago, and it's great to see you. This proves an important point...it's often the PEOPLE that we remember from these forums as much as it is the TOPICS that we discussed.

Hello james_m,

Re: "...my impression is you have a lot of opinions and are generally very forceful in your opinions too..."

I'm blaming Pluto in the 3rd, opposite Jupiter in the 9th. lol If I've come across something in researching various techniques/approaches and it is proving itself reliable in out-of-sample testing, then I will likely be quite direct in describing exactly what I've found. Research is research. I do appreciate deeply that you didn't say "too forceful" in your description. ;)

Re: "...social interaction trumps astrological work..."

That would depend on the ultimate goal. Are we trying to be more akin to professional peer review or a coffee klatch? ;) Would we rather be Astrologica Gallica or "Venus Signs in Love"? For the most part, it is an either-or, not a "best of both."

Re: "...do start your own site and then you can set the terms!"

I'm leaning that way, as I mentioned. If I were to do it, whether you would join or not, you would be one of the people that I'd see in the target demographic. You are motivated to talk astrology, much more than just motivated to talk. ;)

Let's take Paul's (wise) advice and use this opportunity as a reset to get back to doing what we should (all) be doing... discussing astrology and learning.

Have fun!

atlantean / james

you put so much work into this reply to me, it would be wrong not to thank you and acknowledge you for it! so - thanks!

because you have been generous in the past with the sharing of your birth time, i do have some thoughts on this aspect of your personality from an astrological point of view! because i like working with midpoints, i am especially intrigued by the pattern of mercury/mars = pluto in your chart, using the 90 degree wheel of course... as i happens i have the very same pattern! i tend to think of this as a set up where a person can use language in a more persuasive manner... language - mercury, with the power to be direct - mars is enhanced with the involvement of pluto - what i am calling the powers of persuasion.. in my own chart i have mercury-mars in quintile, with pluto biquintile both mercury and mars and thus at the midpoint of mercury/ mars... in your chart pluto is 90 degrees exact to mercury/mars midpoint, so essentially the same set up from a cosmobiologists point of view...

welp... that was pretty longwinded on my part, but that is how i perceive the dynamic at operation in your chart! cheers and happy new year to you! james