Thank you,

I read this a few times and gave it some thought. Why should it mean he comes back? Perhaps once Merc goes direct I will forget this ever happened, meaning feelings change.

Actually he can't really come back (easily, that is). I took his options away...

I don't know if you'll find this interesting someone drew cards for this situation asking if he will try to weasel his way back in and the 3 card spread read Empress, Knight of Swords (OUCH), and 3 of Sword RX.

I spent wayyyy too much time wondering if Knight of Swords was actually me! Alternative meaning is that he will stop to no end (knight of swords) to come back, but from what I know about him that isn't his style at all and I have never experienced that from him on any level. Three of Swords RX is an interesting card to get in this spread because if you read the cards directly it is basically saying there was some sexy female energy followed by an cold hearted severing of the relationship and then healing begins/heartache over. I heard Empress is a pretty sexy card to get :brows

Empress is more matronly and nurturing than sexy. :) For sexy energy you want Ace of Wands or Lovers. A sexy woman could be Page of Wands or Queen of Wands, even Queen of Pents, Nine of Pentacles. But empress... no. At least it's not the common or traditional interpretation.

I think in this spread & for this question, though, the empress simply says that you have the upper hand. You decide the outcome. The empress is you. Knight of Swords fits his description. Three of Swords Rx: he's not happy at all with how it turned out. For Three of Swords in itself, the emphasis is (an unpleasant) truth coming out. So it can have a bit of a final vibe to it.

I agree with Tanit about the importance of Nodal placements. Chemistry like that could be felt from quite early on. That explains why you liked him a lot at the beginning!

The Moon/Moon conjunction Michael Sternbach mentioned, I've seen in an extremely painful friendship... it was profound for the woman involved. She was deeply in love with the guy. The guy, though, not so much. The Moons were in Taurus.