What's the history of the usage of "Black Moon Lilith&q

I have people saying its usage dates back a long time, but I literally can't find any source talking about its historical usage. It sounds like the kind of thing someone came up with in the 1970's and now it's modern astrological cannon, but nobody can point to the source.

Someone published a book on alchemy and in part of it they claimed ancient alchemists used "Black Moon Lilith" in their practices. But I'm very skeptical about that.

Re: What's the history of the usage of "Black Moon Lili

holdorflod wrote:I have people saying its usage dates back a long time, but I literally can't find any source talking about its historical usage. It sounds like the kind of thing someone came up with in the 1970's and now it's modern astrological cannon, but nobody can point to the source.

Someone published a book on alchemy and in part of it they claimed ancient alchemists used "Black Moon Lilith" in their practices. But I'm very skeptical about that.
You are quite right. Lilith is defined as the second focus of the Moon's orbit (apart from Earth) - a concept that wouldn't even have made sense to the astrologers prior to Kepler's discovery that celestial bodies move on elliptical orbits.

It seems like Lilith as understood today was first mentioned 1937 in Les présages à la lumière des lois de l'évolution by Dom Néroman.

http://www.exactphilosophy.net/lilith-e ... ehnung.pdf
(In German.)

She was greatly popularized by Joelle de Gravelaine's book Le Retour Du Lilith: La Lune Noire, published in 1985 in France and soon translated into various languages.

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/

That's interesting, thanks for the info.

I wish there was more translations so I can get to the root of how they came up with this stuff re: Lilith. I wonder if they are actually doing any empirical research in order to figure out the effects or if they're literally just conjuring up interpretations from their own imagination.