5L squares Saturn in a pregnancy question?

Hi All,

I'm finishing up with my initial training and taking some practice questions. I was delineating a question about the health of the querent's second pregnancy because her first ended in a miscarriage. (Will I hear a heartbeat at my first appt and will the pregnancy be successful?)

I am using Lilly's rules primarily (CA 222-233) and all looks good EXCEPT 5L is squaring Saturn in the 10th house with no reception. I see Saturn dignified and angular and moving direct, so this does not seem like a red flag to me.

Would any of you judge that 5L square dignified angular Saturn is really a concern?

Here is the data:

Time Question Received & Understood: 6:02 pm am EDT ; 26 OCT 2021
Place Question Received & Understood: Newton, MA: 24N 20’13??? by 71W 12’35???

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Caroline

PS my analysis follows if you'd like to compare:
In this chart 11 degrees and 41 minutes Taurus rises and it is the planetary hour of Saturn.

CONSIDERATIONS BEFORE JUDGEMENT
The chart is not radical (i.e., possibly not the real root question on the querent’s mind) because Saturn is neither of the nature or the tripicity of Taurus, but we can still get the answer from the chart.

SIGNIFICATORS AND THEIR DIGNITY

Your are signified by VENUS at 20 Sagittarius 36. Venus is peregrine in the succedent 8th house. Venus is a fitting significator for you as Venus rules wives and young women and is “the natural ruler of mothers in daytime charts??? (Frawley 43). (The chart was cast just moments after sunset).
Uranus at 13 Taurus 09 is also conjunct the cusp of the ascendant, so counts as your co-significator. Uranus is associated with disruptions, often moving house, and sometimes divorce (Frawley 43).
The benefic North Node, signifying increase, is also in the first house. Taken literally, this might point to your own body (querent’s first house) growing. Frawley also says the North Node’s presence indicates “the querent benefitting from the affairs of the house??? (74). I’d venture to say this pregnancy may actually be good for you in terms of your own body, health, and wellbeing.

THE MOON signifies action. The Moon is in the 3rd House, house of her Joy, at 12 Cancer 21. She’s dignified by domicile, cadent, and moving slowly.

THE SUN, ruler of the 5th house, signifies your unborn child (CA 53). The Sun is peregrine at 3 Scorpio 42 and in the Cadent 6th house. The Sun is within 8 degrees of the angular 7th house, which is fairly close to its cusp.
The Part of Fortune is also present in the 5th House, which relates to your resources and assets. Since this is a pregnancy question, the Part of Fortune is less relevant, but can sometimes point to what the querent treasures.

ASPECTS

THE MOON, signifying the course of action, recently separated from a trine to the SUN 8 degrees and 39 minutes ago, with no reception. Since the SUN signifies your unborn baby, this contact in the past plainly supports that you are pregnant (and possibly conceived 8.5 weeks ago).
The MOON’S next aspect is a square with Mercury at 15 Libra 33. Mercury receives the Moon by face, but the Moon does not receive Mercury. Mercury is in the cadent sixth house and rules your second house (finances) and sixth house (illness, drudgery, daily thankless work). (As you surely know, babies are both expensive and require a lot of thankless work!)

VENUS, your significator, next sextiles Jupiter in 1 degree and 50 minutes, Jupiter receives Venus into his domicile but Venus does not receive Jupiter.

The SUN, significator of the baby, is separating from the Moon, as mentioned above, and applying to a square with Saturn at 7 Aquarius 05 with no reception.

ANALYSIS

The Chart supports your own report that you are pregnant, given that the Moon is recently separated from a favorable trine with the significator of the unborn baby.

To find out if there is any cause for concern, we can look to Lilly’s rules about pregnancy and childbirth (CA 222-333).

In a “best case scenario??? we would love to see your significator (Venus) or the moon in a positive applying aspect with unborn child’s significator (the Sun); another positive indicator would be Venus or the Moon in the 5th house, or the Sun in the 1st house. Since we have none of these, we consider other factors of the significators and weigh indications of a healthy pregnancy against indications of challenged pregnancy.

First, we can rule out several “red flags???: The Sun is neither combust nor retrograde (neither are possible), and no malefics are present in the 5th House. The Sun (your unborn baby) does square Saturn in 3 degrees 23 minutes with no reception. The square is a challenging aspect, but Saturn is so well dignified and angular that this might pose some challenge in the pregnancy, but not great concern to the health of the fetus.

Second, we can see that Venus (you), the Sun (baby), and the Moon are all in “fertile??? signs: Cancer is the most fertile of all signs, and Scorpio is also a fertile sign. Sagittarius, where your significator is, is still more fertile than not. All of these are positive indications supporting that your baby is growing in a well-resourced uterus.

We can also look to the condition of Jupiter, the natural significator of child-bearing. Jupiter is peregrine and moving direct but slowly in the favorable 11th House.
Is the ruler of your Asc in the 12th?
Come join the Secret Club!
We meet every month, in isolation and sometimes as enemies.

Re: 5L squares Saturn in a pregnancy question?

CarolineEli wrote: CONSIDERATIONS BEFORE JUDGEMENT
The chart is not radical (i.e., possibly not the real root question on the querent’s mind) because Saturn is neither of the nature or the tripicity of Taurus, but we can still get the answer from the chart.
Saturn actually agrees with the earthy rising sign Taurus by humour. They are both cold & dry. The chart is radical. Here's a reference by Deb Houlding:
http://skyscript.co.uk/hour_agreement.pdf

Moon is at her strongest in Cancer. Venus trine Jupiter is also a good sign. As to reception, it is actually very well and good that Jupiter who is lording the 8th does not get received back by the querent! (According to Bonatti) So I think most likely she will have a safe delivery.

Back to your question: now Saturn certainly naturally rules illness but it doesn't have so much to do with either the 6th or the 8th. It looks like some other oppressive influence to me. Can Saturn be the Querent's parents? The querent's job? Does she have a very stressful job? Or influence from someone older? Or even frustrated travel/education plans? (Saturn rules the 9th.)

If so, ease off a bit on the career side. Don't get stressed out.

Moon squaring a planet in the 6th could be complications, but again Moon is quite strong. Hopefully it won't be a major scare but minor discomfort. I would suggest she pay careful attention and keep seeking medical advice though. Horary is no replacement for that; I'm sure you agree.

Best wishes,
Amelia