Few words aside of astrology. Things look terrible out there. Everything is so politicized and violating basic human rights. Like the last news is that in Austria it's looming segregation against not vaccinated people, lockdown now is only for not vaccinated. Well, it looks like 80% of their vaccinated population don't mind...
That astrologically looks like by Saturn-Pluto-Neptune.

Atlantean wrote:Re: "At any rate, this is an open discussion forum and your attempt to silence members expressing views that deviate from your own with reference to your academic degrees and status as a moderator was not cool."

I also spotted that it was all bluster.

I decided not to argue one way or another, because it seemed to be some kind of official Skyscript position. ie. it wasn't clear from how it was posted that it was merely one person's whimsical opinion, since anyone that commented against it or questioned the precepts were categorized as gullible or right-wingers [still waiting for any statistical proof to justify the first ounce of name-calling] ;)

Above all, we have to remember that the "expert opinion" often called the "appeal to authority" is a LOGICAL FALLACY. "Experts" *OFTEN* have an axe to grind, and their desire to influence often finds them babbling ivory-tower ideas and wrong conclusions, but with a commanding tone
Atlantean,

Skyscript has very few official positions, not even on astrology (except perhaps that there is such a thing to begin with :D) - as it is intended to be a place for open discussion, as I mentioned.

However, I too felt that Tannit's reply could be mistaken for the board taking some sort of authoritative stand on the topic; that's why I decided to chime in.

It is true that, as moderators, we can put the brakes on a thread if it becomes overly political in a one-sided (non-astrological) or condescending manner - but hardly right after having contributed to that kind of process ourselves. :brows

I feel that we as staff have the responsibility to tread extra carefully in this respect (regardless of personal opinion) especially in a time when expressing non-conformal views even in a factual and polite manner is increasingly seen as politically incorrect and offensive.

By the way, this development foreshadows what can be expected to happen when Pluto enters Aquarius - or joins the current Pluto/Neptune sextile by trine and sextile respectively, for that matter.

Michael

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/

Yuriy wrote:Few words aside of astrology. Things look terrible out there. Everything is so politicized and violating basic human rights. Like the last news is that in Austria it's looming segregation against not vaccinated people, lockdown now is only for not vaccinated. Well, it looks like 80% of their vaccinated population don't mind...
That astrologically looks like by Saturn-Pluto-Neptune.
Indeed. As of today, depending on where you live, you can effectively no longer enter a restaurant or movie theatre (Switzerland), a shopping center (France), a bus or train or even go to work (Italy) if it freaks you out having that stuff introduced into your body - or you are not allowed to travel to the country at all without it (USA)!

Who would have thought this kind of thing possible before 2020?

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/

i thought the purpose of this astrological forum was to discuss astrology???

i see a lot of talk that isn't astrological in nature... i think it is fair for tanit to question the flow of the conversation in relation to this being on an astrological forum...

i instinctively knew this thread would be problematic, and indeed it has and is...

If I can add my personal approach to the pandemics as I have been sitting on both sides of the fence.

I have been raised on alternative medecine for the past 50 years and I am not a big fan of the 'modern approach' in medecine.
When the COVID broke out, my first reaction was, like everybody else, to evaluate the risk for 'my own health'.
Well I thought my approach with a good diet and sound living habits was enough to prevent me from getting the COVID.
And so far, I was right and still believe that this is essential to counteract the pandemic.
Yet, I have to admit that my approach was more PREVENTIVE than CURATIVE.

If we look at the last 3 conjunctions of Saturn-Pluto in the 20th century.

1914, the conjunction set up the stage for World War 1. They say that there were 20 million deaths and 21 million wounded.
1947, the conjunction saw the reshaping of many parts of the world, a ‘New World Order’, with the formation of Israel and the breaking up of India and Pakistan, the first year of a cold war between the Soviet Union and the US. All consequences we still live with today.
1982, the Saturn-Pluto conjunction saw the beginning of the AIDS epidemic for which we have no vaccines yet, just a therapy.

This is what history has teached us. Periods of hard and cold truths, emerging, eruption of global diseases, clashes, wars, and misunderstanding between people. Everybody seeing the difference as the enemy.

And then something struck my mind. What if I got vaccinated not just for 'myself' but for 'others'. Maybe the conjunction sextile to Neptune in Pisces brought this consideration in the movement. For when I understood that, even if I was healthy, I was still a vector of transmission of the disease, to those with debilitated or frailed conditions around me.
And that is when I got vaccinated. And I still believe that my preventive approach to health has been my best option during my whole life. But the fire broke out loose in the house and I had to lean on the curative side to help counteract the global effects of the disease. That was my small contribution. And I am surrounded by non-vaccinated people for which I respect their choice.

Now, we still have not resolved the clash between the vaccinated and the non-vaccinated. I hope we will be mature enough to raise above the monsters and not abandon our humanity.
Blessings!

Ouramos I applaud your altruism, but it is my understanding that vaccination does not stop the spread of Covid, It benefits the vaccinated to have a milder illness but it will spread at the same rate as the unvaccinated. I do hope Jupiters ingress into Pisces will allow truth to be more prevalent or even the nodes to lose the sign based squares to Neptune may turn a corner & give a clearer road ahead. In the meantime I go by my gut feelings.

In retrospect, you may be right Zosma!
If we look at Kenya with only 1% of the population vaccinated, their mortality rate is about 2% (population of 53M).
Which is better than US and many rich countries.

To me it shows 3 things:
1) The poor health conditions (bad eating habits) of rich countries.
2) We tried to kill a mosquito with a bazooka.
3) The leaders of the world had to show tangible results (vaccinations) to reassure the population.

I am about to read a book by Fang Fang 'Wuhan Diary', a powerful first-person account of life in Wuhan during the COVID-19 outbreak. She speaks out against social injustice, abuse of power, and other problems which impeded the response to the epidemic and gets herself embroiled in online controversies because of it.
Blessings!

Members,

I apologize if anything I said was offensive to members of the forum. This is a very contentious subject and usually ends up with heated words in online forums. This thread is similar to any others you might find on social media, sprinkled with a little bit of astrology. Keep in mind Mercury is conjunct Mars right now also. I always see an increase in disagreements online when this happens and should have known better than to respond since I brought out my own Mercury-Mars conjunction in the process.

As a moderator, I hold neither authority nor power over anyone nor do I believe that I do. Moderators are merely helpers of forums.

Well said, Tanit, and thank you for more tightly defining your role, for understanding.

For reverse-understanding, may I relate a quick story. I was asked, long ago, what I thought was one of the greatest things in life. I thought for a bit...unsure of where I should go with this....thought a little more and answered, "someone can be told by every friend they have to do X, can have it from every known authority that X is the rightful next course of action, can know oneself that X is the logical next step, BUT STILL TAKE STEP Y, because it's a FREE MAN'S Right to do so."

And before someone tries to make a strawman argument against what I've said, I've never been arrested, don't run around like some self-determined anarchist... I'm just a normal man, who wants to live his life as he chooses, free from government and programmed-society's over-reach.

I'm just a normal man, who wants to live his life as he chooses, free from government and programmed-society's over-reach.
That should be another heated topic if you get me started with Big Pharma, Big Corp and Big Social Medias!
Someone is looking through your Windows! Literally!
:)
Blessings!

I don't know if they're literally looking through my windows, but they're definitely figuratively doing it...saving Emails, data-mining the sh!t out of whatever they can. I view each and every occurrence as a 4th Amendment violation, whether they've written laws to bypass the Constitution or not...

According to Snowden, we all have a threat index rating of how much of a potential threat the gubment ;) thinks we are... and they wouldn't gather the infos, filter it and analyze it to produce a threat index, unless they wanted a category for a certain group of people that they plan to do SOMETHING with, in case of an emergency. ie. when the sh!t hits the fan

There is currently a legal debate over where the authority of federal government ends,where are its boundaries,its use of government agencies like OSHA to enforce mandates is legally questionable.Also the fact that the CDC has no record of the naturally Immune transmitting Covid 19,could open the floodgates to legal action to those who lost employment for refusing the vaxx.
In short Jupiter gains strength as it leaves Aquarius.Saturn has been it's & Pluto's depositor. In short Pluto dictatorship & Jupiter's righteousness has operated by Saturn's (the government) control, which has been in its rulership of Aquarius.When Saturn leaves Aquarius I would expect the governments to also loose authority in mandating vaccination.