I just want to mention that as far as being protected from harmful aspects go, only Jupiter can mitigate Saturn, not Venus, and normally you would want the benefic to be strong and helpful. I am not seeing Jupiter being helpful, especially since it is cadent. Venus is received by Mars but does not receive Mars. Venus might be someone who helps in the recovery of the person though, assuming Mars is the person. Even if she did receive Mars, that's not enough to help against Saturn. She can mitigate Mars but not Saturn.
Usually, it does, but with the lord of death or lord of disease, that isn't always the case. Incidentally, Bonatti absolutely hates mutual reception between the significator and these lords
This is something Deb Houlding teaches too. You want the lord of death/disease to receive the person but not the person to receive the lord of death/disease for it to be mitigated.

I haven't read Lilly in a long time but he was big on having the person match their significator and would sometimes be flexible on that. I have had personal readings from Wade Caves where he used significators that fit a person rather than the house lords and they worked well. I asked Deb about it before and she always told me to keep things simple and follow house lords but that rarely there are exceptions, basically.

Tanit3333 wrote:I just want to mention that as far as being protected from harmful aspects go, only Jupiter can mitigate Saturn, not Venus, and normally you would want the benefic to be strong and helpful. I am not seeing Jupiter being helpful, especially since it is cadent. Venus is received by Mars but does not receive Mars. Venus might be someone who helps in the recovery of the person though, assuming Mars is the person. Even if she did receive Mars, that's not enough to help against Saturn. She can mitigate Mars but not Saturn.
So true. Venus as significator making a trine with Saturn would still be slightly... better than opposition (except in illness/death), but to completely take off the malice, it really has to be Jupiter. I've once had a tragic romance chart where my friend as Moon applied to Saturn by sextile (weak reception by term), but there Saturn received a Jupiter in house 7 strongly by domicile, too. Saturn turned out to prefer Jupiter, which was the other woman. Treated Moon like dirt.
I haven't read Lilly in a long time but he was big on having the person match their significator and would sometimes be flexible on that. I have had personal readings from Wade Caves where he used significators that fit a person rather than the house lords and they worked well. I asked Deb about it before and she always told me to keep things simple and follow house lords but that rarely there are exceptions, basically.
Thanks for letting us know. It's always good to know what Deb thinks! :) I'm more like Wade Caves; I don't find it necessary to insist on house lords when it comes to the quesited. (I still think the Moon and the Ascendant always have something to say.) There is just one exception. In romance charts I find it very rare the descendant lord does not signify the quesited, so I try to stick to that, unless the chart yells otherwise.
Last edited by AmeliaS on Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Regarding taking money out, many people who plan on killing themselves give their worldly possessions away before their death. I don't think this is a great argument for lack of suicide. In his natal he has Pisces rising with Saturn retro in the 1st house. In his natal Jupiter does mitigate Saturn (it trines it and receives it and is itself dignified) but he has a lot of other difficult placements that would point towards mental health issues and being a very sensitive individual. I do not know of him and did not read about him though.

He was born just after an eclipse so it is interesting the horary was asked soon after the very significant lunar eclipse November 19.

SPOILER ALERT
don't read any further if you want to give the horary a try without being biased.

On the other hand, having this info, may help solving the horary...

The missing person was Ettore Majorana,
an Italian physicist, considered a genius.
In March 1938, at the age of 32, he disappeared.
The last trace of him was a letter he sent on March 26.
He probably took the night boat from Naples to Palermo on March 25.
He left a note to his family that sounded like a suicide note,
but had taken all his money from the bank,
a huge amount, a few days earlier,
and on the 26th sent a letter to his university
that contradicted suicide plans.

There is a lot of fascinating info on him online
and several books were written about him.
Here’s a good article about his disappearance:
https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... e_Majorana

(continued in following post)

Here are all the hypotheses that are and were circulating,
all with some sort of evidence (posted here in random order)

1. he committed suicide (but why would he have taken up all his money, the equivalent of today’s 30,000 euros, a few days earlier?)
2. he was murdered by the Nazis (but why? his scientific genius could be of great help to them)
3. he was murdered by another party who wanted to prevent him from working with the nazis on the atomic bomb
4. he voluntarily chose to help the nazis in their atomic bomb research
5. he was kidnapped by the nazis and forced to work on the atomic bomb
6. he emigrated to Argentina or Venezuela
7. he retreated in a monastery
8. he eloped with a male lover or chose to disappear because he was gay
9. he went on to live as a beggar

I will post his natal chart and my own personal hypothesis,
using asteroids, in the general astrology forum.
I would love to read your own theories based on your astrological knowledge!

"I have a background of 30 years of psychological astrology and 20 years mundane astrology -- but am fairly new to horary."

Pад познакомить???? ?? тобой ... (Glad to meet you)

In My Opinion Horary Is Where Astrology "IS" ... IT IS IT.

ALSO GREAT FUN ...... but use with Respect .... Don't irritate "The Great Spirit" with Repeated Nonsense.

You get the Best Charts once you've began to get exasperated with the Problem ..

ie For God's Sake XYZ ?

But you've got to be Cognant (sic)..

Ah ? I just appealed to "The Great Spirit" for insight ...

Pen and Paper please (and back to sleep) ...

You can miss the Timings so easily.

H