[Outcome Listed] Why did this translation of light not work?

Hi everyone,

Asking a super specific question for a chart as I think I already know the outcome.

My good friend was hoping to receive a birthday message from a friend who they stopped talking to sometime ago.

My original response was no message will come through because:
1. Neptune in the 7th shows that my friend might be confused or just not in a good state of mind asking about this.
2. The moon aspecting the 9th house made me assume that the chart was radical, the moon was in house of matter, communication.
3. There is no aspect between mercury or Jupiter.
4. Jupiter is in their 12th so hiding out to me and in a weak house, which slight dignity.
5. Mercury just entered cap and is sitting at 0 degrees so weak (I believe I read this), just left detriment also.

Then I went back to check the chart and said... wait maybe communication will come through. The moon last aspected Jupiter and is next aspecting Mercury. That would qualify as a translation of light, no?

Anyway, birthday came and went and no message. So I made an error somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

I would appreciate if anyone has any insight into the translation of light specifically.

Thank you!
WJ

https://imgur.com/a/hxgYWJN
Last edited by Wisdom Joy on Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you!
WJ

Wisdom Joy,

From what you read, I assume that you took your friend as the 7th House didn't you?
Looking at the significators
Mercury (your friend) is in the Fall of Jupiter and Detriment of the Moon.
Jupiter is Peregrine and in the falling 12th.
Moon is peregrine on the cusp of the falling 9th.

I am also a bit confused here.
"The traditional standpoint and the one adopted by some modern astrologers who do do not require reception by essential dignities and allow the faster planet to aspect both significators in turn, rather than separating from one and applying to the other."
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/special ... -light.php

2 things I am questioning here and I would like to see what others think of this also.
1) This is an out-of-sign translation of light
2) I would prefer to see the Moon applying to Jupiter rather than separating and then applying to Mercury. Besides the lack of reception, I am more concerned with the Moon peregrine in a Cadent House.

My own personal experience with a Cadent Moon peregrine is that in communications matters (phone call, email etc) you end up with a voicemail or the person you are trying to reach needs to call you back.

Best to you,
Ouranos

P.S. In Imgur, click on your picture and copy the BBI link to have it inserted in your post.
Blessings!

IMO, the chart shows the person will only respond if approached. They will not be the one to initiate. Jupiter is cadent and a superior. I agree the chart shows they are not in a good spot to respond though. Perhaps when Jupiter enters Pisces it will be easier for them to communicate. Sun is applying to Jupiter and is dignified, suggesting a return to better health and prosperity for them. They are likely struggling right now with something such as ill health.

Additionally, the Moon changes signs for the aspect to work. Anthony Louis would say there is a change necessary for this to come to fruition so doing the same and expecting a different result won't work.

Hey Ouranos and Tanit, thanks so much for your feedback. So the transition of light doesn't actually apply because it's out of aspect.

I actually assigned my friend as L1 and the person they were asking about as L7. I stopped assigning specific houses like L11 because the details end up too sticky. Example, are they still friends? Not really at this point, there is no relationship at all right now.

I also noticed that in a lot of Tanit's charts she always assigns L7 as the other person and this has been helpful for me in my practice.

Thank you both for your insight, it has been very helpful.
Thank you!
WJ

I also noticed that in a lot of Tanit's charts she always assigns L7 as the other person and this has been helpful for me in my practice.
I primarily let the chart do the talking and in this case the Moon translates the light of Jupiter to the ascendant lord, and Jupiter shows something normally positive but is damaged in some way, which makes sense for a friend who is not reaching out. Whether or not you give the Moon as the friend, I think the information is basically the same here.

I have to agree that for me at least friends end up being 7th house more than 11th house but that is just what the charts show to me.

In this case Jupiter is also the exaltation lord of the 11th house so one may argue it can still lord over that house, although it does not behold it (it will when it enters Pisces though!). The Moon does and is carrying its light either way. The Moon is always important.

Hello WJ, in addition to what Ouranos and Tanit have said, I'd rather see some reception among the planets involved in a translation or collection of light, and/or planetary dignity. Both would increase the possibility of a good outcome.

Bonatti says that a sextile without reception means that the thing can only be achieved with effort. The direct answer to this question is therefore, again: no, unless she makes the effort. This seems to be the repeated message of this chart (sign change required, early or late degrees, and a cadent Jupiter, as mentioned.)

Thank you so much for taking the time everyone to provide the feedback. I'm definitely going to be mindful of the translation accompanying the reception going forward.
Thank you!
WJ

The Spiritual End of The Spectrum might say don't ask questions that you know the Answer to ...

"Asking a super specific question for a chart as I think I already know the outcome."

The Best Questions come when there is a bit of Passion involved ..

"Who the Hell is ...... X Y Z ?"

H
Last edited by WooWoo on Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey WooWoo, I actually didn't know the outcome when my friend cast the chart, I meant I thought I knew the outcome by looking at the chart :) I can't speak to the specifics on their frame of mind when asking but I assume they really wanted to know or they wouldn't have asked me to even look at it, especially since they are privy to my current work schedule and environment.
Thank you!
WJ

annadeer wrote:Regardless of any translation of light -- the Moon was void of course -- wouldn't that be enough to simply say 'nothing will come of it?'
Many traditional astrologers would take 3 degrees as an acceptable distance for an out-of-sign aspect (it's well within the Moon's orb), hence the Moon isn't void. Depends on which school of thoughts you subscribe to.

Regardless of any translation of light -- the Moon was void of course -- wouldn't that be enough to simply say 'nothing will come of it?'
Annadeer,

You can read this article from Anthony Louis
https://tonylouis.wordpress.com/2012/09 ... urse-moon/
"By adding the moieties of two planets Lilly calculated the maximum distance those planets could be apart and still considered within aspect of each other."

This is similar to a play.
The Horary chart is Act 1, scene 5
The VOC Moon tells you that you will need to change Act to pursue the matter. Like circumstances and conditions will change.
And in Act 2, scene whatever you find the protagonists again to resume what was begun in Act 1
As long as planets apart can be re-united within a 'moiety orb'.
And also this makes sense when you consider the Moon's motion which can equate to hours or days.

Best to you,
Ouranos
Blessings!