Atlantean wrote:
You're more than welcome... I'm curious and there seems to be a reliable technique here, that wasn't in my trick-bag, so I have to thank linchi and you for that.
I will humbly admit that I have been using this technique for many years, and Linchi followed my suggestion and experimented with monthly sidereal ingress charts. I mentioned his name on purpose as I knew you respected his work. Linchi had been using the Capricorn ingress for events. I could never accept the importance of sidereal Capricorn Ingress charts since the concept belongs to the winter solstice, and in theory should have no application in the sidereal zodiac.

Your comments about the FB sidereal use of 'Dormant Charts' were particularly interesting.

I am SO very grateful that you have been willing to test these charts. For me this is a real breakthrough as I've been trying to interest FB astrologers in looking at monthly charts and the Krishnamurti ayanamsa for a long time, often on now defunct forums. As you know, one might as well challenge those astrologers to climb Mount Everest! I've had no credibility in the FB camp. In days past Ken Bowser and I have had our discussions (uh...arguments...) but of course those discussions came to a dead end.
Last edited by Therese Hamilton on Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Martin wrote:
Using the actual risings, culminations and settings of the heavenly bodies (rather than their ecliptical projections) is a very old idea, of course. And I agree that it is very useful, both in analysing the radix and in directions... I don't use Pluto, but the difference can be quite striking even for Venus or the Moon, especially at Scandinavian latitudes. I remember a Swedish client with 19 Aquarius rising and the Moon at 18 Capricorn: she was in fact born exactly at moonrise (the Moon had zero altitude).
Atlantean wrote:
Great example, Martin. Angularity's not always as obvious as it appears to be. Changing the view sometimes makes other things much more obvious, like in this case for which are truly angular.
I wonder then about interpretation. For example in Martin's example of the Moon. If we're reading a chart for a client (or for a mundane event) do we or don't we interpret the Moon as angular?? Or how about the Moon and personality for a client? Do we look at ecliptical aspects and house positions?

Therese Hamilton wrote:I wonder then about interpretation. For example in Martin's example of the Moon. If we're reading a chart for a client (or for a mundane event) do we or don't we interpret the Moon as angular?? Or how about the Moon and personality for a client? Do we look at ecliptical aspects and house positions?
I would definitely treat the Moon as angular (in the first house). Aspects are a different matter, as they are based on distances in the ecliptic. This client was definitely very lunar. I remember her telling me how, growing up, she was so close to her sister that she couldn't really make out the boundary between them (and no, they weren't twins). That symbiotic quality, in my experience, is peculiarly lunar.
https://astrology.martingansten.com/

Re: "I wonder then about interpretation. For example in Martin's example of the Moon. If we're reading a chart for a client (or for a mundane event) do we or don't we interpret the Moon as angular??"

Angularity won't change the inherent character of the Moon (imho), here it will merely (by being angular) make it much more expressive. (obvious in its actions) I see it analagously to astro-cartography. If I move to my Sun line, it doesn't change my Sun, but it makes it damned more expressive and obvious (whatever imy natal Sun "means" in my natal) at that location.

Don't you see it also that way?
Last edited by Atlantean on Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martin wrote:
I would definitely treat the Moon as angular (in the first house).
Atlantean wrote:
Angularity won't change the inherent character of the Moon (imho), here it will merely (by being angular) make it much more expressive. (obvious in its actions) I see it analagously to astro-cartography. If I move to my Sun line, it doesn't change my Sun, but it makes it damned more expressive (whatever it means in my natal) at that location.
So (for example) we can keep the Moon in the 12th ecliptical house, but consider that it would be more expressive than usual if on the ascendant via PV? This is different than the Moon being understood as actually in the first house. I have a problem with that because a 12th house Moon has specific meanings that wouldn't apply to a 1st house Moon. Also, consider which house the Moon happens to rule. It matters if the Moon is in the 1st or 12th house.

Anyway, so as not to confuse the issue, it seems best initially to limit planetary positions to the ecliptic. PV positions should probably be a separate research topic.
Last edited by Therese Hamilton on Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.