AJ wrote:
Yes, I see what you mean. Very nice example of the use of the navamsa or D9. Especially considering her natal 10L Mercury is neecha. Though her 5L Mars (Exalted Sun is in the 5th too) is very closely conjunct Lagna Lord Jupiter, Mars is in the exaltation degree in the second house of status and wealth and also exactly aspects its own house, the 5th, the 8th of old money and power, and the auspicious 9th.

This example of a neecha (debilitated) 10th lord gives credit to Krishnamurti's principle that star lords are superior to sign lords. 10th cusp star lord is Mars with the dignities you mentioned. It's significant too that the Mars/Jupiter conjunction is on the equal house cusp, Mars at 28 degrees just as D9 Jupiter is at 28 degrees of 10th cusp Virgo. it would seem that the powerful Mars eclipses the neecha position of Jupiter.

But Jupiter on the 2nd house can act as a maraka (death inflicting planet)? Elizabeth is currently in Jupiter's long dasa period. but Rahu's bhukti is also running. Rahu is in the 7th house, a maraka placement. Saturn's dasa doesn't begin until the 25th of October, 2023. (SE KP ayanamsa)
Jupiter even when neecha Jupiter closely aspects the Equal Bhava Madhya (EBM) of the 10th house.

Do you consistently use the equal house cusps (Equal Bhava Madhya--EBM)? I've pretty much given up looking at other house cusps even though Krishnamurti used Placidus cusps. I think he was probably wrong with that choice even though he gives examples in his books. But with the use of sub lords, it's easy to find cusp relationships that 'work'.

On Skyscript I often translate Indian terms as some members aren't familiar with the meaning of those words.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Therese Hamilton wrote: Mars at 28 degrees just as D9 Jupiter is at 28 degrees of 10th cusp Virgo. it would seem that the powerful Mars eclipses the neecha position of Jupiter.
For Sagittarius ascendant Mars and Jupiter also create a royal union.
Therese Hamilton wrote:Do you consistently use the equal house cusps (Equal Bhava Madhya--EBM)?
Yes.

Regards.
~AJ