Should my parents buy this house? (with known outcome)

Hello, forum!

It's been a while since I analyzed a chart and I feel I'm a little rusty. That's why I decided to post this chart here. I'm dying to understand it and I'll post the outcome in a few days (in case anyone wants to try to interpret it).

The question was: Should my parents buy this house?
June 25, 2022
11:37 am.

47w20'00 22s45'00

PS.: I'll post two charts: the original one and the turned chart.
I always use the 10th house to describe them because it always worked.

Original chart:
Turned chart:

My parents have been looking for a house for two years, but prices are high (inflation + pandemic) and it's hard to find good houses in good neighborhoods.

It was common for a house to appear on the real estate website, but by the time my father called to inquire about it, it had already been sold.

A home at a below-market rate price in an excellent location appeared on the website on Friday, June 24th. My father went to the real estate office on the 25th (Saturday), but it was closed. There was a phone number on the website next to the ad, and he scheduled a visit to the property for the same day at two o'clock.
At the same moment (before we visited the property, they didn't want to lose another opportunity), my parents asked me this question: Should we buy this house?

This was my interpretation:

ASC in Gemini. It's true that Mercury is in the 12th House, but is strong in Gemini.

Relation between the 1st and 7th house:
Mercury is separating from Jupiter in a sextile. Jupiter rules the seller. Only for this, I'd say there's no sale.

The 10th House (the price).
Neptune, Jupiter, and Mars.
Jupiter shows the price is high (the house needs a lot of renovation).
Aries intercepted. The seller may need money and is willing to negotiate.
The presence of Mars shows the price can be 'cut' (due to the renovation necessary).

Relation between 1st and 4th House:
Venus doesn't touch Mercury. But the ruler of the 4th House is also the ruler of the 1st. So, For this fact, I concluded the property can belong to my parents.

The Moon is also strong in Taurus in the 11th House (future and hope). I understood this as a good sign.

My parents' co-ruler is the Sun.

Here came my biggest interpretation difficulty:
Jupiter collects light from the Sun to Venus.
Sun is applying a square to Jupiter.
Venus is applying a sextile to Jupiter.
William Lilly writes that matters can sometimes be perfected by collection of light which is in effect “when as the two principal significators do not behold one another, but both cast their several aspects to a more weighty planet than themselves, and they both receive him in some of their essential dignities, then shall that planet that collects both their lights bring the thing demanded to perfection??? (CA 126).
I said to my parents: "I think Yes, you should buy the house, but there's a problem. And I have no idea of what it is."
:???:
I said "The seller is taking light from my parents to the property, kind of helping my parents to get the property through the broker. Or, the sellers may try to blackball the broker to sell my parents for a lower price. My answer is "Yes"."

The same day (about five o'clock) they made a proposal with a lower price.
The outcome I'll tell you later.

Did your parents ask the question? That's important for significators
The Moon is also strong in Taurus in the 11th House (future and hope). I understood this as a good sign.
The primary fixed stars are very important in horary. The Moon is with Algol, the most malefic star in the heavens, and also the NN (a bad spot for the Moon). Its last aspect was to square Saturn rx, so it is afflicted. It does next apply to Venus out of sign. Anthony Louis would say out of sign aspects require a change on the part of the querent to lead to perfection. Venus isn't particularly important though other than maybe lording the 8th house of loans/mortgage transactions and also representing a benefic and gain to the querent (assuming with a change).

I agree the house is priced high. The quality of the land seems good but the IC is also near a difficult area of the zodiac and there's a lot of fire around the property so it could lead to loss of money. Sometimes fire is just extreme ups and downs though, good and bad. I would probably recommend that they look for something more affordable for their income. How is their income given the 2nd lord is in detriment? If their income is good then I would wonder if it means a sale would favor the seller or there is another issue like you mentioned. Maybe it just shows their offer isn't good.

Overall the chart seems questionable. There are pros and cons but ultimately the Moon is usually the most important in horary and it isn't great here. If it were applying to the 7th or the 4th lord then I might see more positives.

The fact that the 4th lord is in the 7th makes me wonder if someone else is a better fit for the home. I know the 7th lords sellers but it is the house of other people in general.

If they acquire the home I would hope it is not a disappointment. Good luck to them either way.

Is it possible to see the event chart for the offer?

Hello Miss Watson,
You can call me Rusty too!

I am not sure to understand who is asking the question.
At the beginning, you say
"The question was: Should my parents buy this house?"
then below you say
"my parents asked me this question: Should we buy this house?"
If they asked you, no need to turn the chart unless you asked on their behalf.

Please clarify,
Ouranos
Blessings!

I am re-reading the question and it asks "should my parents buy this house?" My reply would be no given the condition of the Moon especially but I also wonder about Neptune on the DSC (house of the seller). The price suggests it favors the seller too but they may be hiding important info. The area of the IC in the zodiac also made me wonder about dishonesty around the property. Even if you turn the chart I don't think it looks like an easy situation.

Tanit, I'm finally able to see the chart from another perspective. Thank you for the insights. It was a challenging chart because it seemed to be contradictory to me.

My biggest doubt it's about the collection of light :-?
Tanit3333 wrote:
I would probably recommend that they look for something more affordable for their income. How is their income given the 2nd lord is in detriment? If their income is good then I would wonder if it means a sale would favor the seller or there is another issue like you mentioned. Maybe it just shows their offer isn't good.
I don't understand. Do you mean Uranus in Taurus? I didn't remember to consider the 8th House. I just looked at 2nd. The price was withing their budget. That was one of the reasons my parents were so elated: good location + within budget.

Hello Ouranos,
I consider that they asked the question. I said, "After we visiting the house, if we like it, then I can look in astrology if you should buy it."
So my parents told me: "Ask the question now if we should buy it so we don't waste time." That's why I turned the chart.

I checked the phone calls to the broker and the offer was made at 4:08 pm

Here's the event chart for the offer (it's not turned):
Thank you!

Thank you Miss Watson,

Based on the turned chart and
MercuryL1 Sun co-ruler
JupiterL7
------------
Mercury separates from Jupiter
Sun applies by square to Jupiter (red flag!)
Moon Void conjunct Algol and NN
The answer is No
------------
Looking at JupiterL7 = peregrine and besieged between Mars and Saturn(trad)
He is in serious trouble difficult to escape.
-------------
In the chart of the offer, we find the same ME, JU, SU relationship and the Moon is closer to leaving Taurus. Circumstances are about to change.
Blessings!

The election chart is showing similar information. Normally you would want to fortify the ascendant lord and have it in good aspect with the 7th lord. That isn't bad but Sun is in the 7th square Jupiter (with reception). The negative is the 2nd lord rx and square the 8th lord (conjunct Algol). An aspect at all is at least good but it suggests issues. Again the Moon applies out of sign to Venus but Venus isn't really representing anything good (it is disposited by the 7th lord and makes me think of another offer).

Maybe a foreign buyer sweeps in with Sun lording the 9th in the 7th? I did notice Sun angular in the horary (lording the 12th!) and wondered if it represented another party. Hopefully I am totally wrong though.
I don't understand. Do you mean Uranus in Taurus? I didn't remember to consider the 8th House. I just looked at 2nd. The price was withing their budget. That was one of the reasons my parents were so elated: good location + within budget.
The radical 2nd lord is Mars in Taurus (detriment). It could just mean the offer isn't good enough or that there is an issue that comes up with funding.

Thank you both for answering me!

Here's the outcome: my parents didn't buy the house.

My parents made the offer and minutes later the owner of the house accepted.
But nothing happened as expected.
The broker provided a contract with wrong information and refused to provide the corrected contract.
On July 8th, my father went to the real estate office and discovered that the realtor was trying to make the sale without their knowledge. The company head promised to corrected and send us a contract.
Nearly a month later, the real estate company also refused to provide a corrected contract giving excuses and began pressuring my parents to buy the house without a contract. That’s weird!
On July 18, my parents canceled the purchase, believing it to be a trap.
We don't know if the owner of the property was involved but probably is not.

I think I had a hard time interpreting this chart (I've never been good, but I was rusty).

I believe that even if I interpreted it as a 'no', my parents would move on.

But I kept my eyes on the Collection of light. How would Jupiter (the slowest planet) help Venus connect to the Sun? However, why was there a square? Now it makes sense.

The Moon in Taurus also confused me, as I said.

Some important things:
- Mercury in the 12th House (something hidden, something my parents could not see).
- Libra (Venus) and Aries (Mars) intercepted.
Besides, of course, all the things you both said.

I wanted to make sure that I interpreted this chart wrong and that astrology didn't abandon me here lol.

Thank you so much!

Thanks for the outcome, Miss Watson. So I guess Neptune was describing the broker. I wonder who the Sun is representing. Maybe someone specifically behind the scenes who was to blame, I wonder.

I do think the charts represent the matter well. I'm sorry it didn't work out. Maybe Venus means something better is coming for them. Next time I would suggest posting prospective event charts for offers if you can. I find them helpful for this type of subject matter. Deb has some general guidelines in her Elections for Financial Gain article too that might help. I wouldn't have recommended they submit the offer at the time chosen but it might not have mattered either way. At least the good is that they were able to walk away unscathed!

Tanit3333 wrote:I wonder who the Sun is representing. Maybe someone specifically behind the scenes who was to blame, I wonder.
OMG Tanit,
My mind blowed the moment I stopped to think about what you said. In the turned chart Leo is the 3rd House. The house that represents the neighbours.
The owner/seller of the house is also the neighbour who lives next house :shock: :shock:
Sun applies by square to Jupiter (red flag!)
Here is the hidden enemy!

Thanks for the tip about the article! I'll study it.