[Outcome Listed] MBB Consulting Job

Hi Team,

I'm wondering if I can possibly get some guidance on this career chart. i triple checked the chart and it is valid.

I normally don't ask specific horary career questions for myself anymore, the outcome is always a bit depressing, but I was told today that I again wouldn't be accepted for a promotion and right after that call I had a great meeting with a senior manager from a major consulting firm who wants my resume to pass onto a few recruiters. I specifically am looking for a position on his time related to private equity, but they seemed to be finished their hiring for the time being.

I asked the question on whether or not I can get an amazing role at Bain within his team or somewhere else I would love.

I'm mars, a malefic, + moon, he's Venus and my 10th house of career is represented by Saturn which I'm representing as a job offer.

I'm seeing a few things of interest in the chart.

Firstly, I'm in my second house thinking about my personal finances and how this job could benefit me, but I'm in detriment so very weak at the moment.

the moon on the other hand is in the 12th house, I'm thinking something is unknown to be about this situation, and has some dignity currently.

the senior manager I currently interviewed with is Venus is sitting in my rulership and I'm sitting in his, he's dignified by term and face.

saturn, my career would normally be considered strong and domicile is currently weak in retrograde.

what caught my eye was the two square aspects, the moon and Venus and mars and Saturn. where mars is received by term and Saturn is received by term and face.

do the squares automatically mean no or is this possible through some hardship/ hard work?

thanks so much for the help.

Last edited by Wisdom Joy on Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you!
WJ

Hello Wisdom Joy

in questions like this your career and those who dicide on your career both
are represented by the same house, the 10th, so here Saturn.

Your significator Mars applies to this Saturn by square, and without mutual
reception, because Mars is not yet in the face of Saturn.

So this application is not really promising.

Nevertheless there is the reception of your Moon by their Saturn, but
only in the least of his dignities, his face.

In all, there is a slight interest of the firm in your person, but as to your
significator Mars, being in his detriment, your qualifcations for just thisl job
could possibly be not adequate in the sense of not being as appropriate as
wished.

On the other hand, because of your Moon's position in the exaltation of
their Saturn, you run the risk to overrate this job,

I think the Sun might represent the manager you spoke to (Moon separating from a sextile to very strong and benefic Sun) and the recruiter to be Venus (Moon applying to square) before it finally aspects Saturn rx and is received. The Moon is received by Venus too so in between two positive influences. At first I thought Venus was prohibiting the translation of light of Moon/Sun influence to Saturn but I think Venus might be a helpful influence and it is your dispositor so you are under its influence/control. I think with much effort and delay the recruiter might be able to help you, or someone else might help. I would look more at your progressions and profections for what the issue is right now. I'm guessing something is inhibiting your career right now but it is more likely a temporary issue. Mars is in a bad way and the NN (and Uranus) can augment that but Mars is also angular and planets that are damaged but in strong houses can get lucky and end up in jobs where they might not have much experience in but succeed anyway. You probably won't work for this company based on the condition of Saturn and it being so hard to attain (Mars-Saturn squares without reception require tremendous effort on the part of the querent) but the recruiter or someone else might help you find another role. It is possible the role somehow relates to children or entertainment given the placement of the Sun and it influencing the Moon. Mars-Saturn squares are very determined though and are often successful despite appearances. I know many with this in their natal charts and they often do well in business. Mars likes to get somewhere fast and take shortcuts but Saturn is the opposite so there is a clash in energies that needs sorted out. Often Mars needs to prove it has what it takes somehow and take the slower route.
There is some insecurity with this aspect that makes success and believing in yourself harder too.

Although Mars is angular, Saturn is cadent and retro so I would expect a significant amount of time before you see progress. Moon-Saturn has a 10 degree orb and that might be months.

Thank you both for the incredibly helpful analysis, I find that I have had major issues with my career since I started working. Slow progression, really hard to find new positions and progress, tiresome to say the least but an ongoing challenge.

Tanit, interesting that you say someone else might be able to help as he's sending my resume to multiple recruiters and also I'm meeting a consultant and former client tomorrow morning to network for a potential position on her team at the same company. she works in innovation strategy and he works in business operations strategy. both at Bain so mbb.

I know you mentioned Tanit that you don't see me getting a position at this company but did you mean possibly his team and maybe there is another team out there.

Working with children or entertainment sounds like a consulting project where the client is focused on paediatric health or the entertainment industry possibly. its common to get consulting projects from many different sectors and industries.

im so so so determined to get into mbb or even tech as I'm applying for MBA programs starting in April 2023 and it would look strong on my resume and application.
Thank you!
WJ

Re: MBB Consulting Job

To understand your question better, I would like to know some things more
exactly. Could you help, please?
Wisdom Joy wrote:I'm mars, a malefic, + moon, he's Venus and my 10th house of career is represented by Saturn which I'm representing as a
job offer.
In my opinion it's a problem, to ask a queastion at the
same time as to a specific and a general quesited of the same nature.
Wisdom Joy wrote:Firstly, I'm in my second house thinking about my
personal finances and how this job could benefit me, but I'm in detriment
so very weak at the moment.
You, or Mars, is not in the second,
but in the first house Mars being about ten degrees before its cusp.
Wisdom Joy wrote:the moon on the other hand is in the 12th house,
I'm thinking something is unknown to be about this situation, and has
some dignity currently.
Surely you wanted to say 6th house?
Wisdom Joy wrote:the senior manager I currently interviewed with is
Venus is sitting in my rulership and I'm sitting in his, he's dignified by term
and face.
Is he part of the firm you are in contact with at the
moment?
Wisdom Joy wrote:saturn, my career would normally be considered
strong and domicile is currently weak in retrograde.
As I said
above, both your career and those deciding on your career in a firm are
represented by Saturn in this case.
Wisdom Joy wrote:do the squares automatically mean no or is this
possible through some hardship/ hard work?
Following Lilly, in
general squares can work only when there is mutual reception of the
significators.

Re: MBB Consulting Job

johannes susato wrote:To understand your question better, I would like to know some things more
exactly. Could you help, please? Sure, please see responses below.
Wisdom Joy wrote:I'm mars, a malefic, + moon, he's Venus and my 10th house of career is represented by Saturn which I'm representing as a
job offer.
In my opinion it's a problem, to ask a queastion at the
same time as to a specific and a general quesited of the same nature. The question was around working for his strategy and ops team or another team within the org that would be of genuine interest. His team is the focus.
Wisdom Joy wrote:Firstly, I'm in my second house thinking about my
personal finances and how this job could benefit me, but I'm in detriment
so very weak at the moment.
You, or Mars, is not in the second,
but in the first house Mars being about ten degrees before its cusp. I don't know if this changes anything in the outcome of the chart.
Wisdom Joy wrote:the moon on the other hand is in the 12th house,
I'm thinking something is unknown to be about this situation, and has
some dignity currently.
Surely you wanted to say 6th house? No, I wanted to say 12th as I originally gave him the 7th house, but Tanit clarified the recruiter might be the 7th-- not him.
Wisdom Joy wrote:the senior manager I currently interviewed with is
Venus is sitting in my rulership and I'm sitting in his, he's dignified by term
and face.
Is he part of the firm you are in contact with at the
moment? of course, he's part of the team within Bain that I'm targeting. They went through heavy recruiting earlier. I actually do have the skillset for his team, my experience is directly applicable to strategy and ops. This is just a reference to your original commentary above.
Wisdom Joy wrote:saturn, my career would normally be considered
strong and domicile is currently weak in retrograde.
As I said
above, both your career and those deciding on your career in a firm are
represented by Saturn in this case. I learned from Tanit that the interviewer or recruiter can be 7th house and I've found it highly effective in giving nuance to the chart, so I use the 7th house as well.
Wisdom Joy wrote:do the squares automatically mean no or is this
possible through some hardship/ hard work?
Following Lilly, in
significators.
I checked again the Barbara Dunn book that I use and I believe a square if a very hard aspect to overcome but not always a definitive no.

Thanks so much.
Thank you!
WJ

Regarding aspects of perfection, Skyscript used to have a helpful table of Bonatti's aspects of perfection and it would say Bonatti believed squares without reception do not lead to perfection or that basically the matter can only occur by tremendous effort from the querent. Unfortunately, the link no longer works.

Aspects from signs of short ascension, like Taurus and Aquarius, are also more difficult than long. Andrew Breven has a useful article on that here:
https://www.astronor.com/sinister.htm
The square through signs of short ascension can actually be quite dynamic and rewarding. The tension, challenge and demand of a square is all there. There is pressure, people get caught of balance and there is the feeling things are heading the wrong way, but then comes the ability to understand the situation and draw the correct conclusions. Some clever maneuvers are exercised and matters are resolved to everyone's satisfaction. Often the square through signs of short ascension will indicate an act of great wisdom and maturity or disclose a hero. Things look bad from the start, but issues can be resolved.
Lilly believed squares from signs of short ascension acted as sextiles. Again, Bonatti would still say a sextile would not lead to perfection without reception though because sextiles are weak.

The square aspect is also dexter:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects.html#sd
Dexter

When an aspect is dexter is just like a right-hand punch; full of force and major impact. The action is clear and deliberate, making an obvious case. The marks are there. Whatever the aspects signifies will be evident in a most determined, decisive and pronounced manner. With the dexter aspect there is both intent and delivery.
I think overall, the Moon is representing something more positive than Mars-Saturn. Mars and Saturn are also not naturally as "friendly" with one another.
Following Lilly, in
significators.
Which is what Moon-Venus have (by domocile) and Venus is an angular benefic. The aspect is also from signs of long ascension, which acts more as a trine, and is dexter.

Huge thank you for this additional knowledge, I actually use the same site to determine whether a chart is radical.

I understand the concept of the ascension but I'm having trouble with the dexter.

in this chart, its also an L10 matter but its a public award, this square is much more "positive though"

there's mutual reception between by term and face and moon is sitting in L1 and based on the analysis this would apply as long ascension, so in this case their may be a more positive outcome than the original chart.

what's interesting here is that the mars, the person reviewing the application is meeting a conjunction with L11, and it's her friend that wants to submit this nomination on behalf of her.
Thank you!
WJ

Tanit, Venus must be the recruiter. As soon as I sent him my resume, he emailed me back within 10 min to stay he forwarded my CV to a friendly recruiter who is going to reach out for an exploratory and getting to know me better call. She has to be Venus in the chart.
Thank you!
WJ

Porphyry defines right vs left as an aspect of 'overcoming'
"The one on the "right" side (SaturnR here) exerts a more dominant influence over the planet that is on the 'left' side"(MarsL1 here) (Hellenistic Astrology, Chris Brennan, p. 311)

Now the square between Mars and SaturnR being between signs of short ascension means that they will reach the Angular Houses in a shorter time in the local sphere, speeding up an otherwise Saturn R. Delays will be shortened.

Aquarius and Taurus are signs that 'hear' each other, meaning that they are equipollent from the Equinoxes and that is why they share the same declination (16N). In this relationship, they are also called 'commanding' (Saturn in a masculine sign) and 'obeying' (Mars in a feminine sign). The same declination says that they are complementary and appreciate each other mutually.

Will it be enough to bring the 2 planets together?
Mars (hot and dry, more dry in Taurus)
Saturn (cold and dry, some moisture added from the waxing Moon in Libra)

Good luck Wisdom Joy,
Ouranos
Blessings!

Wisdom Joy wrote:Huge thank you for this additional knowledge, I actually use the same site to determine whether a chart is radical.

I understand the concept of the ascension but I'm having trouble with the dexter.

in this chart, its also an L10 matter but its a public award, this square is much more "positive though"

there's mutual reception between by term and face and moon is sitting in L1 and based on the analysis this would apply as long ascension, so in this case their may be a more positive outcome than the original chart.

what's interesting here is that the mars, the person reviewing the application is meeting a conjunction with L11, and it's her friend that wants to submit this nomination on behalf of her.
Does anyone have any perspective on this square being more positive or likely having the same outcome. I used to write of squares entirely as a "no" but I'm trying to better understand the nuance.
Thank you!
WJ