Rulership of Psychological traits

I am writing a book sort of like forensic astrology and I need to know such things as what rules or represents things like
Superficial charm and glibness, Grandoise self worth, pathological lying etc...would anyone know where to find this info in one spot instead of reading every rulership book there is?

Thank you kindly

mirius

I am writing a book sort of like forensic astrology and I need to know such things as what rules or represents things like Superficial charm and glibness, Grandoise self worth, pathological lying etc...would anyone know where to find this info in one spot instead of reading every rulership book there is?
Regardless of how many rulership books and other references there are, they can't possibly cite everything. We have to do some thinking ourselves, although it is nice to have authority to fall back on. There is no single source. The best source of traditional rulerships I've found is Lee Lehman's Book of Rulerships.

What we need to think about is the concept of essence. What is the essence of the thing inquired about and what planet/sign/house is of that essence? Sometimes there is more than one. A rose is a beautiful flower, which makes her of the essence of Venus, but it is red and has thorns, which makes it, or part of it, of the essence of Mars.

I would associate charm, superficial or otherwise, with Venus. Then look to the condition of Venus in the chart. If Venus is strong I would imagine the charm would be more sincere especially if she were the ruler of the ASC or perhaps aspected the ASC with a trine or sextile. If Venus is debilitated, it might be manipulative underneath or perhaps charm is lacking lacking. If Venus is peregrine, it might be superficial. The charm itself is the essense of Venus, the other things the condition of Venus.

Mercury is the planet of communications so I would look there for glibness and lying. Grandiose self worth would lead me to the ASC and/or its ruler or perhaps the 2nd house and its ruler. Astrology does not lend it self very well to rigid formulas, i.e. this or that planet rules this or that in all cases at all times.

Hope this helps.

Tom