Mars-Saturn conjunction on South Asellus: 8.45 Leo

Conjunctions between Mars and Saturn aren?t exactly rare events but I thought it would be interesting to keep an eye on the next one over time (due 6:03 am GMT, 18 June 06 at 8.45 Leo), particularly with a view to the close contact with South Asellus of Cancer by longitude and declination.
Robson states that the Asses [North & South Aselli] can show a charitable nature and caring responsibility, but with a danger of violent death, serious accidents and burns. Lilly noted a great danger of accidents, burns, violent death, afflicted eyesight and lawsuits.
Perhaps others will post their thoughts or observed correspondences in mundane events? Obviously events around the time of the conjunction seem important, but it will also be interesting to consider the effects of later transits to that point and how the sensitive phases of the new Mars-Saturn cycle might continue to relate to the theme of their conjunction.

Mars-Saturn and criminal attacks

Greetings! Since some time i'm doing a research about criminal attacks and mundane astrology,mainly with politicals involved.
I can note repeated patterns, with great conjunctions as a bottom line.
In the year that Indira Ghandi,P.M. of India, was assassinated,the Solar ingress chart of Aries calculated to New Delhi shows Mars-Saturn conjunction in Scorpio - falling near the I.C. of This chart (March,20 1984
15:54:26 - New Delhi 77e12 /28n36 Alchabitius houses ).The conjunction took place before the ingress;both planets are in conjunction with I.C.
Sun,lord of house 1 is in house 8(the death of the "King",here a queen...)
There's a link with natal chart of Indira, and this is the clue to understand what happened - (Indira Gandhi - November 17, 1917 23:11 Allahabad(India) 81e51/25n27 source: K.N. Rao -famous women-vani publications 2001).Medieval astrologers call the attention in wrintings,that we need to look when Great conjunctions fall in angles of ingress charts,there's something important in it.
All the best
"Life is a gift,enjoy"

Maybe thar mars-saturn conjuction made such WC defeats as of Brasil and England...
I am sure Deb is going to agree with me on this :-)
Deb, you had an method of looking to the country chart and see if he was "happy" in the day of the WC, have you tried this time ?
Yuzuru

Hi Deb,

This Mars-Saturn conjunction in Leo perhaps of greater significance owing to its squaring Jupiter rx in Scorpio, which is the waxing square in the 20 year Jup-Sat cycle unfolding from the 2000 conjunction.

The 2000 conjunction illuminated Israel's natal Sun (birth of nation 14 May, 1948); Arafat's proclamation of independence for Palestine on 15 November, 1988. (Autonomy came into effect in Jericho and Gaza strip on 4 May, 1994). It also illuminated India & Pakistan which were partitioned and granted independence on 15 August, 1947.

This year's waxing square indicative of increasing tensions, and from news reports of late I think we're all probably very much aware of how this has been tragically and horrifically unfolding in these regions. A prayer for all that they find some way through this.

In the build up to the Capricorn full moon we saw Jupiter turn direct (bringing tensions up to the surface) and Mercury retrograde over the 'Beehive' (associated with bombs etc, as well as Presaepe's terrible reputation) which this Moon opposed.
In it's passage through Capricorn it transited inconjunct Saturn and Mars - in mundane the inconjunct aspect seen by some as the cutting short of life. And Capricorn is also attributed India amongst other things.

Saturn's associated with wolves, and Mars the military as well as attacks etc - 'militant' wolves on the prowl, noting also the Sun (dispositor) had transited the "Dog Star". I don't know about where you're located, however here there was an increase in reports of dog bites (and I heard there was also a tiger bite at the Dublin Zoo), and some pretty awful predators of the two-legged kind were exposed and brought swiftly to justice.

While I'm no expert in mundane by a long shot, as this Moon treks through Pisces I think we'll be hearing more on North Korea.

TS

One thing I noticed at the time of the conjunction was that three people I know very well had emergency (and painful) dental treatment, and other people complained about toothache.

I do realise that?s not of great significance to the rest of the world. Sorry.

Hi Granny,

Perhaps ... as part of this waxing/waning Mars-Saturn cycle, may also be of interest to look ahead roughly 2 years from now (2008) when Mars again conjoins Saturn this time in Virgo as Pluto is on verge of transiting into Capricorn.

But I think ultimately the peak of this cycle will escalate to approximately this time about 4 years hence, when Jupiter travels from its current waxing square to oppose Saturn.

Approx. 1 August 2010 Jupiter will be retrograding back to conjoin Uranus rx at AP (this in itself indicative of an intense build-up in pressure - a head of steam), both opposing Saturn who's being joined by Mars at approx 1 Libra (Nodus 1 in the body of the Dragon) forming a t-square with Pluto at the apex.

In light of how current tensions are unravelling and escalating from the 2000 Jup-Sat conjunction, this I think also points to a continued escalation in the nuclear armament issues - the use and abuse of such power.

Hope I'm wrong.

Nodus 1 (in Draco) is associated with poisonous gases (along with the usual planetary attributions for releases of poisons and nuclear power) ... may be illuminating to check into the sensitive points on the charts of Hiroshima and Chernobyl when it comes to superpowers.
Around this 1st degree Libra (AP) finds a connection with charts for Russia (Unification), Saudi Arabia (Proclomation), USA Pilgrim Father's, Germany and Indonesia to name a few (ref. Nicholas Campions World Horoscopes).

Deb - yes, also knew of a couple of people who suffered serious pain with teeth/mouth from that time forward, also fractured bones (sports injuries).

TS