Divorce?

How would I ask if someone is getting a divorce? Where do I look? If I'm asking for them, are they represented by the 7th house, and if so, which house represents the divorce? Their 9th? And lastly, are good aspects a yes, or are good aspects a reprieve?!

Meaning if I ask "Will so and so get a divorce?" and I get a positive chart, does that confirm it, as in Yes, they will get a divorce?

Kind of a confusing question! :???:

If you are asking then you are probably using "so and so" as the querrant, so 1st is "so and so" and 7th is spouse. start with the simple things first, they can often be most direct.

are the two planets coming together, or separating? are they in sextile or trine or are they square or opposition? where is the moon in relation? etc... and date, time and location chart drawn would be helpful.

Granny

Granny, I haven't cast the chart yet, b/c I didn't know which house actually represented divorce and I'm too curious (Gemini!!) to draw it up and not be able to even know where to begin!

So, use the first house for who I'm asking on behalf of? Then just note the aspects between the first house significator and the 7th? Doesn't one of the houses specifically represent divorce? I might be making that up.... :lala

Thanks for helping!

Mars is the planet that traditional astrology associates with divorce. The 7th is the house of the partner. The Greeks used the 10th as the house of marriage. I'd look to see what is going on between the rulers of houses one and seven. For example, are they separating or about to change signs or houses?

The ruler of the part of marriage might play a role as well as the Arabic part of divorce.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Thanks, Tom! I'll look at see what the rulers of the 1st, 7th and 10th are doing.

If I asked, "Will x and y get a divorce?" are good aspects a yes, or are good aspects favorable for the union?

Lastly, how do you figure out the Part of Marriage and the Part of divorce?

Thanks!

Hi,

The Arabic parts can be as elusive as everything else in astrology. The formulae I'm giving below are taken from Solar Fire. I'm on vacation and don't have reference works with me. In other words sometimes there are more than one formula for the various parts.

Marriage: ASC + 7th cusp - Venus.

Solar Fire also gives as a Hellenistic formula: ASC + Venus - Jupiter.

SF does not list a part of Divorce but I know there is one. John Frawley mentions it in one of his books, I think The Real Astrology. It might be ASC + 7 - Saturn.

Hope this helps.

Tom

SF does not list a part of Divorce but I know there is one. John Frawley mentions it in one of his books, I think The Real Astrology. It might be ASC + 7 - Saturn.

Hope this helps.

Tom[/color][/quote]

Frawley in The Horary Textbook: Part of Divorce is Asc + Desc - Mars.
I don`t know on which page is this in English version of THT, in Serbian it is on page 112.
Frawley recommends using this part when divorce is a real option.

Best wishes
Trojan
Reges Subjucent Legibus Stellarum

Tom:
The 7th is the house of the partner. The Greeks used the 10th as the house of marriage. I'd look to see what is going on between the rulers of houses one and seven.
She is asking about someone else. Therefore, wouldn't we need to turn the chart and the 1st house would be turned for whatever her relationship is with the person that she is asking about?
e.g. if she is asking if her friend will get a divorce, the first would become be the 11th. Then we would look for relationships between the 11th, and the 7th and 10th from the 11th. Yes?

If she is enquiring about asking on behalf of someone else, that is, she is the astrologer, the other person is the querent then, as usual, the querent gets the 1st house. There is no need for turned houses. It is not very clear whether she wants to ask about another couple, neither of whom are the querent, or whether one of the couple is asking.