Football and the World Cup

Okay I admit it.

I came here hoping for some predictions re. World Cup matches but the members much be mainly american because any mention of it here seems sadly absent. As we know the World on many occasion, especially sporting seems to vanish outside of the US.

In the old days before John Frawley became famous (muahahaha!) I used to simply ring him up and ask for his prediction and lose money that way but then I decided to do it myself and find myself again empty pocketed. However he did have tendency to come good during the bog games. He wasn't known as the David Beckham of Astrology for nothing.

Well I bought a new PC a few wks ago and my astrocalc program seems to take agin it. So I looked to Astrodienst instead. The site was down <<sob>>..but then it IS a german site so maybe thats understandable as I've decided to use it just as the traffic is at its highest.

Anyway if anyone can stick a few charts up they'd make a Man Utd supporter very happy indeed.

Hi Daz

We looked at quite a few charts here during the European Cup a couple of years ago and there was quite a lot of interest then.

I did look at the chart for today's match (the England game of course!) but didn't post anything here since I couldn't reach any conclusions re the score. I thought we would win either 1-0, 2-1 or 3-2. Rather imprecise to say the least :???: In retrospect the chart was very straightforward but that's always easy to say after the event of course!

With so many matches going on I shall try and stick to England's games only, otherwise it gets a bit mind-boggling. Perhaps we could all have a try at predicting Thursday's game?

Great result for us today anyway :D

Cheers,
Fi

Hi Phoenix

I don't look at the charts of the teams, I look at an event chart for the time of the kick-off. The 1st and 7th house rulers signify the two teams.

Thanks for putting the chart up Daz but unfortunately you've got the time wrong. This is always a dodgy business and I've often slipped up on this myself in the past. Although it's 5pm here in England, it's actually 6pm in Germany, i.e. 4pm GMT or UT. So you have to enter 6pm or 18.00 and the program will deduct 2 hours automatically.

Cheers,
Fi

Ficina,

I'd be interested to see your analysis. Are you working along the lines of Frawley? I also want to mention that I have a philosophical problem with using an event chart. Why should the chart set for the kick-off indicate the end result two hours later? Why not one hour later? Or one minute? Or one week? Will everything under the Sun started at the same time and place unfold the same way?
Peter

Hi Peter
Are you working along the lines of Frawley?

Roughly the same lines, yes.
Why should the chart set for the kick-off indicate the end result two hours later?
Haven't a clue, lol! And it doesn't always. I find these footie predictions a very hit and miss affair, but they're still fun to do.
Why not one hour later? Or one minute? Or one week?
I'm not sure it makes any difference really, although one week is rather a long timespan. Compare a horse race that only lasts a few minutes. The chart (hopefully) indicates the outcome in a similar way to a horary.
Will everything under the Sun started at the same time and place unfold the same way?
Well, not everything obviously, it depends on the event. Two football matches starting at the same time and roughly the same place aren't necessarily going to have the same outcome.

These kind of philosophical questions apply to astrology generally. Maybe it's all just coincidence (as Deb suggested once regarding footie predictions)? I wouldn't be surprised :wink:

Hi there!

Now what about tomorrows games? Sweden also play tomorrow, although at 21.00 pm in Berlin.

I would suggest that both England and Sweden is in deep troubble! :-)

That is, if one consider England and Sweden as favorites. In both cases the ruler of the Asc seems a lot weeker than the ruler of the Seventh. And the Saturn/Mars conjunction seems to be involved to.

England is of course the favorite team. We Swedes are another matter after our last game! :-)

What do you think?

I can accept that the prediction will be statistical in nature, i.e. using certain rules (judgment) you deduce that say 75% of favourites should win in games starting at the same time and roughly the same place. No prediction will be deterministic because that would contradict free will.

What I'm having trouble with is this: where in the chart can you see that this particular prediction will come to fruition 2 hours from now? Imagine a horse race, a football match, a cricket match and a tennis world series (whatever it's called) starting at the same time and in the same city. Will that prediction hold for 5 minutes, 2 hours, 5 days or 8 months? Is there anything in the chart to indicate the timing? It's there in horary (with a little imagination), but this is not exactly horary, is it?
Peter

I think John Frawley used to take the whole 90 minutes (plus extra time..er I won't mention penalties!) into account. For example if the ruler of the asc was moving away from a beneficial conjunction, etc then the favourites could find it difficult during the later stages of the game (as was the case against Paraguay).

Is it for fun or is it serious. Well as Ray Davies of the Kinks once laconically replied when he was asked by Frank Bough (remember him?) whether he had ever played football at a serious level. 'Any game of football is extremely serious'.

Mind you he was grinning at the time:)
Mad Daz's Place, quiet but never boring
http://pinkmelon.proboards82.com/index.cgi

Hi Anna

Sweden are definitely the favourites in their game against Paraguay.

I agree it doesn't look good for England (not sure about Sweden). However, it's impossible to ignore the fact that other favourites have won their games even when saddled with a Mars or Jupiter significator. I know each chart should be looked at on its own merits but when there are so many games starting at the same times each day it becomes somewhat confusing. This is probably why John Frawley only looks at the big matches, i.e. the finals.

I remember feeling the same way during the last World Cup, particularly during the group stages. And this is why I'm just going to sit back and enjoy watching the matches for the time being. But if anyone wants to stick their neck out and make a prediction......

Let's just hope England and Sweden both get through :D