England
Total votes: 3 (30%)
France (No votes)
Argentine
Total votes: 1 (10%)
None of the above
Total votes: 1 (10%)
Total votes: 10

I think England is going to come first or second. Unfortunately I can't explain my astrological reasoning because this is based on a dream I had. I didn't know the world cup was about to start and couldn't understand why had a dream about David Beckham holding a trophy. But he was running and trying to catch up with someone else, so maybe it was about coming second. Or maybe it was just the ramblings of my unconscious :)

Still, since England are still in there I'm going to give them my vote - even though, as Lars Widding put it to me, their success so far seems to have been more about accidental dignity than essential dignity.

I notice I'm the first to vote - how come you haven't voted Yuzuru?

England winning the World Cup? Every Scotsman's nightmare!

As we are on intuitive hunches I have felt Argentina will win from well before the Tournament began. Now they are looking real favourites ( along with Germany) that seems quite a likely outcome. Last world cup I had the same kind of feeling for Brazil. The thing is I don't really follow football at all so it was fun to outwit the pundits. We will see....

What this has to do with astrology.... I can't say!

Yes, I did forget to vote... one motive is that I am not a big fan of soccer, heheheheh. The other is because I didn`t have the time to really take a look at Germany?s Ingress chart. Bernadette Brady said in her newsletter that she thinks the final will be between Germany and England because of the war of 100 years or something like that.
As I have a feeling that Brasil will not win this time, I will vote for germany ;-)
Yuzuru - and yes, not all brasilians are fan of soccer ! :P

Deb said
Still, since England are still in there I'm going to give them my vote - even though, as Lars Widding put it to me, their success so far seems to have been more about accidental dignity than essential dignity.
Intriguing. Since the significators have been the same throughout the WC games - Mars/Venus, Jupiter/Mars - then wouldn't this apply to other teams as well, not just England? But at last there will be a change in significators on Saturday evening - Brazil v France, Saturn/Moon - a relief from the tedium.

MarkC said
England winning the World Cup? Every Scotsman's nightmare!
LOL! Well, I'm voting for England. Why? I'm a total optimist :D

Hmmm, I saw the ingress chart to germany, and I am not convinced anymore that they will win the World Cup... but I am not changing my vote because there are too many english people in this forum ! :P
And of course I don?t want Brasil to win... to much noise on the streets.
:brows
Yuzuru

The event charts point to favourites winning the quarterfinals (Germany, Italy, England and Brazil). However, both semifinals are tipped to the underdogs (Italy and England). The final and consolation should both go to the favourites (Italy and Brazil). So I am predicting:

1. Italy
2. England
3. Brazil
4. Germany

The Germany vs Argentina match stands at 1-1 in regulation time (90+ min) as I write.

P.S. I am basing my determination of favourites on outright odds at this time as match odds are not available. So a lot depends not only on who actually progresses, but also on eventual match odds.
Peter

Hi
Now Argentina is out, my vote would go to either Brazil or Germany or England... well I'd better suspend my judgement on England till the end of the big match this afternoon! Lots of posts on the subject yet I see no one has yet voted...

Hi Doublegem

7 people voted. I guess the voting is closed now cos presumably we had to vote before the quarter finals took place. The more teams get knocked out, the easier it will be to predict........er, maybe :lol:

Cheers,
Fi

There goes my dream. At least Mark will be happy though.

Doublegem, unless you vote yourself you won?t be able to see the results of the poll.

Hi Yuzuru, in your other post you wrote:
Deb, you had an method of looking to the country chart and see if he was "happy" in the day of the WC, have you tried this time ?
I haven?t had time, and also I haven?t really caught the excitement of it all so far. I was starting to enjoy the England games though, because it meant I could go shopping and have a whole supermarket to myself. I thought about looking at how the transits were affecting the England chart and the birth charts of David Beckham (Captain) and Sven Goran Eriksson (Manager), but I always seem to have other things to do. I don't suppose there's much point now :)