I've been tracking backwards with terrorists attacks, and at least from 18th Nov. 2005, it would seem that the Neptune/Saturn opposition has been taking effect.
Hopefully this web-link will work:-
www.nytimes.com/2005/11/19/internationa ... 056400&en=...
"Mosque attack kill 70 in Iraq.
by Edward Wong,
Published: Nov. 19 2005.
Iraq Nov. 18th 2005...As worshipers gathered for Friday Prayer, a pair of suicide bombers wearing explosive belts demolished two Shiite mosques in the northern Kurdish town of Khanaqin, killing at least 70 people and wounding more than 100.
In the afternoon, a grim scene unfolded in Khanaqin, near the Iranian border 100 miles northeast of Baghdad, as dozens of people began sifting through the remnants of two mosques. The explosions took place around noon, at the start of prayers, and were followed by a smaller bombing outside a bank, an Interior Ministry official said.
The Khanaqin hospital overflowed with victims, and many of the injured had to be rushed outside the town for treatment".
Lat. and long. for Khanaqin, Iraq is 34*N20', 45*E23'.
18th Nov. 2005 at midday.
If you make up a chart you will find the Neptune/Saturn opposition conjunct the Asc./Desc.

weird side note

is it me or does it seem there is a longer leed into a perfection, than lingering occurences past a perfection, as in, it seems ot me that up to two to three degrees before a perfection occurs events that seem attached occure, but it seems to me that only about a degree post perfection to such incidents as seem related occur?

Granny

Lets look at a closer Saturn effect from todays news.
Local police issued a press conference a few hours ago concerning the sad killing of school children in the small town of Nickel Mines, Pennsylvania, i took notes from this statement.
Details:- Gunman entered an Amish school in Nickel Mines at approx. 09:51am. He let all boys and some adults free and lined all girls up in front of the blackboard after tying their hands.
Amish communities dont have phones, so one of the adults run to a house that had a phone, police received the call at 10:36am, and were on the scene by 10:45am.
Charles Roberts, the gunman made two mobile phone calls, one to his wife explaining that he was committing suicide, and one to a local radio station, theatening to kill the girl students, aged between 6-13 years if the police didnt keep their distance.
Gunfire was heard at approx. 11:00am, and three girls were murdered, and three others are critical after being shot in the head.
One teacher was killed and the gunman committed suicide.
Nickel Mines is a small town that isnt on my astrology programme, but one of the victims was taken to Philadelphia hospital which isnt too far away, so i have made up a quick chart for Philadelphia, for 09:51am, Monday 2 Oct. 2006, which will be slightly out....Saturn is at 21*32' Leo, and M.C. is 21*22' Leo.

Obviously the Neptune/Saturn opposition is declining at the moment, but we have two more rounds.
1) Feb. 28th 2007 @ 20* Leo/ Aquarius.
2) Late June @ 21* Leo/Aquarius.
So to get rid of it completely will take till Summer 07!
U.K. astrologers could find a B.B.C. report interesting "Two held over McDonald's Shooting" if you look it up this could have been much worse as the McDonalds in South London was full of families and children at the time of the shooting of two 17 year olds, on Thursday 28th September 2006 at 17:25pm. BST.
One teenager was shot in the chest.
Ive talked about the Moon on the angles in assassinations....You will find it within a degree of the M.C.
Saturn within two degrees of Desc. and Saturn approx. 6 degrees of Asc.

The orb between the opposition of Neptune and Saturn is widening for the time being, yet Jupiter is forming a T-square between them, so finding Jupiter on the M.C. instead isnt a surprise!
At 14:42pm. Cory Lidle, baseball star and pilot of a small plane crashed into a Manattan apartment building in New York. (11th Oct.2006)
If you make up a chart you will find Jupiter approx. one degree from M.C. squaring Neptune and Saturn.

I've been thinking about the school killings nad I think they may be more closely aligned with the saturn Jupiter Square which is still perfecting, than the saturn Neptune Opposition. (partly because this volley of violence didn't start until recently...)

something to consider.

Granny