You know its funny you should ask, I"ve always thought Pluto was misplaced as ruler of Scorpio, thought that if it ruled a sign it should be Pisces, as it is the about death and regeneration, the end and begining of the cycle etc. ERgo I've always USED Mars for that sign. My Daughter is a SCorpio and I'm an aries, Mars is one of very few things we seem to share. ;-)

The real question is, have you rushed out to buy an Ephemeris with Pluto still in it? Get em while they last! I have my 50 year ephemeris, I find it doughtful I'll live longer than 90 years, if I do, I'll have to trust astro.com to keep pluto in their charts. ;-)

Granny

LOL, pluto is what it is, it hasn't changed because IAU decided it was something else. we call the sun and moon planets in astrology, but they aren't, hasn't changed their affect any has it? ;-)

Granny the ever facetious old woman living in a shoe....

Granny wrote:
I"ve always thought Pluto was misplaced as ruler of Scorpio, thought that if it ruled a sign it should be Pisces,
Perhaps you're not aware that Alice Bailey has Pluto as esoteric ruler of Pisces, and Mars as exoteric ruler of Scorpio. You are in insightful company. :)

As for roses by other names, astronomers of course call that constellation Scorpius. How "dwarf planet" does not amount to "planet" when "dwarf plant" amounts to "plant" only an astronomer might be able to tell me. It would seem as logical to say "dwarf planet" amounts to "dwarf". Viz the logical point that Neptune cannot be a "planet" by the new definition because it hasn't succeeded in sweeping up Pluto -- and scientists are the paradigm examples of rationality???

Pluto rules Pisces?

Dear Granny,
I've got Alice Bailey's book somewhere - will look it up.

However, I've always seen Pluto as the planet which demands confrontation with the hope of a rebirth of sorts (whether it's an opinion, or a breakthrough is irrelevant), because boundaries are being challenged.

Neptune is the planet which cannot have boundaries - mi casa, sua casa sort of thing. it transcends such things.

Pisces' notion of death is about transcending the ego - but there has to be an ego to transcend.

What do you think?

Sisi x

Well I've never met anyone without an ego, and then there is mundane astrology, so Pisces is about getting through the ugly mess of ending and rebirth, so, hmmm, nope I think IF, and that's a big iff, I dont see the outter planets as ruling signs, Pluto were to RULE a sign, it makes more sense that it rules Pisces, than Scorpio, Scorpio is too physical world for Pluto. In my experience, as i said, I'm sure others have different opinions.

Skippy, your obsessions?
How do you obsess? let me count the ways...
you obsess over the moon and stars in the heavens,
and over every grain of sand along the sea,
you obsess over the waiter in the restaurant,
and over what to serve for tea,

how does skippy obsess?
With ego and with id
such jungian obsession
for modern stars are fit.
count ad infinitem
or count them not at all
for obsession is but one thing
that preys upon us all

LOL, hey dont tempt the muse or you may end up in my next book

Granny

I remember my first reading in 1980.
she (the astrologer) was a taurus.
Told me I had a venus problem.......
that I should never gamble.....
and to take my rose colored glasses off and leave them off.
that's all I remember, but it's stuck.

Re: PLUTO -- Support Group for Scorpios

Hi, I'm new here, but I wanted to weigh in on this issue.

I have to admit that "losing" Pluto angered me for a few hours. Ha! I like the word demoted, because for me, at least, that's how it felt. I'm Pluto-ruled, (Scorpio Ascendant, sun square Pluto and other placements) and it's always been my favorite planet. I'll continue to use it as I always have -- in tandem with Mars (usually when I'm reading charts on heavily Scorpionic individuals.) But it was a bit of a blow because I've only recently learned to relate (in a creative fashion) with Pluto.