We'll never know when and where Moses, if he did indeed exist in the person of one man, was born.
Logically, I think of Moses as a Sagittarian. The "books" of MOSES! The LAW - DOGMA -
Lainie
Lainie

Well Moses is an old word for Priest, so there are a couple of things one can consider here.

symbol of many people under one title,

the person did not want to be remembered by name but by profession,

the person is the same as another person discussed (for instance Joseph perhaps?) in other stories and they wanted to tell a different tale about him so switched to title?

all kinds of thoughts on the matter. The area called palestine or Israel, was at one time a coloy of egypt. One of my favorite books on this subject is greenbergs "the african origins of the Jewish people, the bible myth"

the references on that book are probably as long or longer than the book. very interesting, though occasionally taxing, read.

Granny

According to the Hebrew calendar Moses was born on 7 Adar 2368, which is 28 Feb 1393 BC.

The Sun, Jupiter, Venus and Mars are in Pisces, Saturn in Capricorn, Mercury in Aquarius. Should Moon be in Taurus (strong body) or Gemini (strong knowledge)? And the ASC?

From Gary Greenbergs "The bible myth" Page 4, chapter the of Israels origins" sub chapter Akhenaten

"Teh Pharoah Akhenaten, ninth king of the 18th dynasty, ruled Egypt for 17 years in the middle of the 14th Century. "

This would substantiate the era, you suggest, he goes on

"A monotheist militantly devoted to the worship of Re-Herakhty of Aten, the solar disc, he subscribed to a revolutionary religious doctrine that allowed no other competition (granny inserts:I am the lord your god and you shall have no other gods before me) Especially offensive to him was the worship of Amen, chief diety of thebes and widely celebrated as the king of gods."

some snippage

"Akhenatens' monotheism did not take root, and Egypt did not remember him kindly. In fact, they did not remember him at all. Pharoah Horemheb systematically destroyed all public evidence of the heretic's existence."

greenberg Argues that Moses was the chief priest of the Aten cult and that at the time of Ahkhenaten's death Moses fled fro Egypt to avoid execution. I am still not convinced that Moses was one person, but possibly a group of people and I inevitably find it humorous that people end prayers with "Amen"

the book is an excellent, if a bit scholarly, read.

Granny

check out freud's moses & monotheism -- similar argument. It is interesting to realize that Haggar was Egyptian and a monotheist ... thus the 2 Egyptians Haggar & Moses framing the biblical experience

there's an interesting meditteranean schism between the cultures that had a jupiter correlate as chief of the gods -- marduk/babylon, greece, rome, amon -- and those that worshipped sol invictus -- akhnaton -- zoroaster. In fact, I believe the reason that Cyrus the Great returned the Jews from the Babylonian exile to Jerusalem &c was that he recognized that the Ahura Mazda he worshipped was identical to Moses' vision of the Burning Bush ...

Ergo, Cyrus the Great a Zionist insofar as he recognized the divine mandate of the Hebrew nation to Israel ... which is well documented extra biblically

Sonja