Does Gender alter the way we read a chart?

Hi Folks,

What fundemental differences are written into a Male's chart to a Female's?

ie What differences do we need to accomodate for charts from the different sexs?

... so I'm wondering if when you Guys are reading a chart you go

"interesting but this is a Man's chart so I interpret it differently to a Woman's"

and vica versa.

H.
Last edited by Yikkes! on Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yikkes!

In a male chart Sun and Mars are more significant than Moon and Venus. The first both tell about him as a man, the second both tell about the woman he would prefer.

In female chart the above is vice versa.

Does Gender Play a Part in a Chart?

Yikkes,

If one is looking at an unnamed chart I believe there is no way of telling if the chart owner is male or female.

We can draw up a chart for anything. My brother suggested I draw up a chart for his new car once as he had bought it on my birthday!

I've seen charts for cats, dogs, monkeys, ships, whatever, presented - so there you go. Ships are given gender and referred to as female - 'she' being the operative word here. No boy ships!

If the chart is that of a human then and the sex of the chart owner is known then of course the Astrologer will look at the strengths of Sun, Mars and Saturn for males and Moon, Venus for females. But every planet is important in any chart. Males can 'give away and project' their Venus and Moon, while females can do likwise with Sun, Mars, Saturn. I've done it with my Pluto!

Julie K

Well , its always better if an Astrologercan get this idea , how latent potentialities in chart , shall be manifested if He shall acts so or how receptive She shall be to this ..for e.g , i would rather prefer an exalted /strong Uranus placement for Men , as they shall be more likely to make use of it in getting to understand technicalities & subtle nitty -gritty of a subject in no time & shall more likely to ,eventually devote their lifetime , in contributing this innovtion for the detached welfare of the society..However , women with same uranus , and if she is beautiful also ( depending on other aspects , of course),,can cause many a heart-breaks..in the process of realizing her Uranian independence!

Really , its so intersting a topic..i hope more shall be coming out soon, here!

Regards,
Arihant

Moreover , [u]this i feel so[/u], Astrologers all over the world , give this special attention to , Mars retrograde , in a Woman's chart ...they are sensitive & compassionate to her ..may be understanding she is not encountering , best of male-species ,in her life!

a warm hello to you all! :brows

Arihant

I would do both the same and not concentrate on a Mans Venus/Mars or a Womens Venus/Mars placement.

Both Men and Women would express these sides.
Just keep it the same. Nice and equal. :D

Yeah, as Nice and equal , as tea & coffee ,pun unintended :lala , like two drinks, two human beings ,....which one is potent , i leave it to you!

Looks like , Chief Curator has Stakes invoved , in designing these two temperamentally & biologically different ...so why we argue!

I am a bit sensitive , so i feel so!
regards!
Arihant

Gender in a chart

Arihant,

Just something to add. The placement of Mars in a males chart will indicate if he has 'nobility and honour". A strong well placed Mars is the clue. Mars rising is in accidental dignity no matter what the Sign is as does a Mars in 8th House. A 'clumsy' Mars is difficult and uncomfortable to manage for males. Mars in Libra, particularly for males, will act inappropriately. :shock: eg. Bill Clinton, Michael Douglas. For the femals as well they need to understand what is theirs and what belongs to others.

Julie K

Hi Julie,
The placement of Mars in a males chart will indicate if he has 'nobility and honour".
Interesting. However, I would be more inclined to see Jupiter as the natural significator of nobility and honour irrespective of the the gender involved. The placement of Jupiter tells us a lot about the faith, hope and ideals underpinning our actions.

Of course there are Lilly's suggestions for using Mars and the Sun as natural indicators for men in relationship horaries.

I am quite surprised you consider Mars in the 8th house strong as traditionally, that is a one of the weakest houses.

Gender in a chart

Mark,

Yes the Ancients considered the 8th House to be 'unfortunate' indeed - Mars is the Ancient Ruler of the 8th therefore Mars has dignity placed in the 8th House.

Jupiter is about the 'truth' - what is true - being true to the self. I dont see Jupiter as being about honor and and nobility - more about the integrity of the individual.

Julie K

Hey, Mark and Kirk , :brows

Oh, you too are trying to nail Dear Julie..when she just meant to say as , Ancient ruler of Scorpio, Mars do have a sort of stake over house 8 , and like a well- aspected Sun in Eight , Well -aspected Mars placement might be fortuitous , for enterprising activities concerning joint- properties, Insurance agents...and for general [i]vitality[/i] , required here....in any case , it coluld not be worse than , placement of South Node here, which i have got, & which , in one way or other , always diffused me in fully experiencing 8 house affairs .

regards ,
Arihant