David Beckham and Saturn

So, David Beckham had his Saturn return during the European championship finals. That makes sense of one or two things.

There's never been a time available for Beckham, and this got me thinking. Given that the problems of his Saturn return seem to have centred around an affair being discovered and him underperforming at football, what do you think to putting his Saturn in his 5th house? That gives a choice of either Aquarius or Pisces rising. At first I thought Aquarius - he has a somewhat idealised, overly perfect appearance which I tend to associate with Aquarius - but it's difficult to see that giving him much in the athletic dept, esp with Saturn so badly debilitated, so I actually prefer Pisces rising which gives him Mars & Jupiter in the first house. What think ye, o Skyscripters?

His data is: 2 May 1975, Leytonstone, which is in greater London. At the moment I've got a speculative time of 3.40am.

PS - I don't suppose anyone has the birth data for Sven Goran Eriksson?

Interesting, Garry. Alternative suggestion - Saturn ruling 5th puts it in 10th (in the public eye), and Moon (10th ruler) on 5th cusp. Gives early Libra rising with Pluto quite close to Asc. Around 4.30pm. What do you think?

Hi Ficina, I think I like your suggestion better than mine.

I dug out my copy of Frank Clifford's 'British Entertainers', and found that Victoria Beckham (for whom there isn't a time either) has Sun & Mercury closely conjunct at 25-26 Aries. So with a Libra Asc for David, those would fall in his 7th. But more compelling for me is the fact that his kids, Brooklyn and Romeo, both have Libra ascendants.

I had it in mind that there should have been something going on in his chart on 30th June 1998 when he was sent off in the world cup game against Argentina. If your time were correct, the new moon on 24 June was smack bang on his MC. And of course Moon as MC ruler on the cusp of the 5th fits very nicely for someone who plays a game for a living.

So yes. Much as I would like to at least put up a struggle, I think the case for your chart is way stronger.

Thanks, Garry, but without your 5th house clue I doubt I'd have got anywhere near it. Thanks also for backing up my version with all that extra info, especially the New Moon on his MC for the sending off - very apt!

Another thing!
There's never been a time available for Beckham, and this got me thinking. Given that the problems of his Saturn return seem to have centred around an affair being discovered and him underperforming at football, what do you think to putting his Saturn in his 5th house? That gives a choice of either Aquarius or Pisces rising. At first I thought Aquarius - he has a somewhat idealised, overly perfect appearance which I tend to associate with Aquarius - but it's difficult to see that giving him much in the athletic dept, esp with Saturn so badly debilitated, so I actually prefer Pisces rising which gives him Mars & Jupiter in the first house. What think ye, o Skyscripters?
Well, you're quite right! As someone who actually has that combination (Aquarius rising with a 5th House Saturn) I can say that while it MIGHT have aided me a little in the "looks" department, it certainly gave me no edge whatsoever on the sports-field :lol:

(well I certainly blame my 5th House Saturn for pretty much no athletic ability at all!!) :lol:

So I would be surprised if David Beckham was this combination. I think the case for a Pisces or Libran Ascendant is stronger.

Hello
By the way, Sven was born on 5 Feb 1948. I don't know the time nor the place of his birth but the noon chart of the day in Stockholm looks interesting with Venus being the handle of a very tight T Square as we've heard so much about his lively personal life. Venus squares Uranus(partile) and squares Jupiter(partile) and possiblly also the Moon. Has anyone got Nancy's birth data?

Hi,

Just registered so haven't posted before but I have seen a chart online which gave Beckham a Leo asc.

This might have been a guestimate of the part of the astrologer but if so I think it's a reasonable one. See how it fits if you are still interested in this.

Saz

Saturn in the 9th seems unlikely in view of his preparedness of work and live abroad, as does Saturn in 10th in view of his career success, so would imply an ascendant other than Libra.

Leo rising puts Sun in 9th or 10th, at least, and if in the first or second decan, puts Jupiter in 9th. I think that significant, not least for the obvious reading of self-expansion thru travel away from the mother-land, but more subtly I read Jupiter as "play" (the Cancer early-learning connection). Play formalised and ritualized = a game. In addition Leo rising would put Libra at IC (thus accounting for his public image, which has its own deeper dynamic apart from his career and foreign travel - what motivates "at base"), but also could bring Uranus to that cusp, indicative of surprising changes of home. This also brings the possibility of Aquarian attributes, as Garry observed, but involving instead the Moon placement - which, incidentally would put it in the 6th (and we know his abilities were gained by lots of graft - but let's not overlook the Sun/Saturn/Mars aspect linkage). With this Ascendant, what I find interesting is the possibility that Chiron may be on MC. Does anyone have a view on this - or does it involve things yet to come?

No, his ASC is in Taurus, with Mercury on the ASC in mutual reception with Venus in Gemini on the 2nd cusp and his Moon is at 29 Capricorn.
I got this infomation from Frank Clifford's site, www.flareuk.com, a long time ago and it's no longer there. According to Frank, it's from the biography written by his father.
I'm away from home right now and can't give you the exact time but I will on Thursday.