When to Start a Business

Greetings All
I'm finding it hard to get info on things to watch for when starting a business. I've just finished a life coaching course. I would like to know how one defines when you've started a business to be able to draw the chart up (first payment? booking first client? registering the business name?) and what period in the next 2 weeks would be the ultimate time.

I've obviously kept clear of Merc, Venus, Mars, Jup & Sat Rx, new moon is coming up, will watch for moon VOC. But any other suggestions?
Many thanks
Lisa SF :^)

Any new business needs exposure and success, so try to get the Moon in a good, positive aspect to Jupiter - which is always a favourable aspect for starting new ventures that require public involvement.

As for the true start of the business, that's often a personal moment of recognition. Maybe you could create an official 'launch' and invite a few friends around to toast to its success? Otherwise, if you've already experienced an event that you feel is more significant, look at the event chart for that moment. You can't change that now, but it should be relevant in describing the pitfalls and issues that you can capitalise upon or watch out for.

I've obviously kept clear of Merc, Venus, Mars, Jup & Sat Rx, new moon is coming up, will watch for moon VOC. But any other suggestions?
Lisa,

One of the key factors in electing a start date and time is to have a well fortified Moon. While preferable waxing, this will depend on the time of year to have it in a suitable sign, i.e. dignified or exalted and perhaps with some mutual reception with appropriate planets.

By appropriate I mean appropriate to the sort of business. You mentioned it was life coaching which I take to be some sort of counselling business, so you would do well to observe good status for Jupiter and Mercury since you are dealing with communication and social skills. Venus is slow at present and still in her shadow, but that will improve in the next few weeks, but Venus might also have a place to play. There's not a lot one can do about transpersonal planets, because they are going to be in their signs for a long time, so I tend to simply try and avoid them in any 4th harmonic aspect to the significant planets.

In order of importance - a good Moon preferably waxing but no later than disseminating - significant planets well placed and hopefully aspected by the Moon, not retrograde as you figured, or slow - don't have Saturn in the money houses, try for as much angular positioning as possible, avoid the via combust area, avoid mutable signs on the angles and good luck with it.

Electing at present is frustrating because of Jupiter and Saturn both in detriment. But these are things we have to live with whereas we can manipulate time for the inner planets. There's a free dowload of Vivian Robson's Electional Astrology on my website and if you enlarge that to be slightly less Moon dependent and factor in the significant planets, electional isn't all that hard to do. When you think you have an ideal chart - believe me, it won;t be, so all you can ever really hope for is a best option!

In haste, but good luck with your new venture.
Linda
www.panplanet.com/

Electing at present is frustrating because of Jupiter and Saturn both in detriment. But these are things we have to live with
short of waiting until next july for Saturn leave CAN, Would putting a benefic fixed star on the ASC or MC help in any way?In anyones experience, has an angular fixed star electional ever "saved" an otherwise weak chart?

Lisa - you do need to have a recognisable 'event' to launch the business - its a sort of ritual birth of the entity, and even though you are aware of its being now, that's a bit like a pregnancy! I do a fair bit of electional work for small businesses and if they are actually registering the business, the Business Registry in most cases will comply with requests for the registration to be effective at a particular date and time. It usually means a personal front up to the office but it does work well. If its not a registered business then a 'launch' is good. Same for books etc.
short of waiting until next july for Saturn leave CAN, Would putting a benefic fixed star on the ASC or MC help in any way?In anyones experience, has an angular fixed star electional ever "saved" an otherwise weak chart?
Pat - I don't generally use fixed stars in electional but I do take note if there are any especially good ones ( or bad ones) but I don't really take them as a major consideration. I'm more interested that the Lord of the Chart is in good condition, so if the ruler of the Asc and MC are in good shape stars are added value.

I don;t think we can ever say there is an ideal time. With Jupiter and Saturn in detriment we can't just stop the world until it passes. Wouldn't it be nice if we could? So such factors have to be embedded in the chart in as 'harmless' a position as we can get them. Detriment in my eyes is not as bad as Fall - it just makes it a bit more hard work and perhaps brings slower growth ( steady in Virgo) and brings security issues into the picture (safety in Cancer) - but if these planets can be manoevred into a mutual reception situation, it helps too. You just have to go through heaps of charts over the period defined until you get a 'best' one.

So if you are starting something while the social planets are in detriment just try and make them as harmless as possible.

Cheers
Linda
www.panplanet.com/

Saving grace?

Girls, thanks for the continuing thread, thoughts and ideas. With Jupiter and Saturn at least they are sextile during July, may be something that lightens the load a little. I'm trying not to be bloody perfect as I am with things like this. I want to trust that the time and day I choose with careful consideration will be the best chart for me at the time. The themes of trust and support are very potent for me at the moment.
Hugs
Lise :^)