Solfware that handles Paran Transits

In an interview with Robert Hand several years ago there was a question and Robert?s response:

Q: In Essays on Astrology, you propose working with parans in transits.[3] Have there been any developments there?

I haven't followed that up, because it's somewhat cumbersome from a practical standpoint. I don't subscribe to the idea that it should be done instead of zodiacal transits, but I hope that at some point we can start doing transits that way routinely.

It's not so much that it requires a computer, because that's not a problem. We have the computers, and it's a very easy program to write?

Does anyone know of a computer program that will offer a list of Paran transits for a given year for any given Chart?

Regards, Steve
With all our modern knowledge and scientific equipment, and with the the great strides made in mathematics, we astrologers have done nothing to even remotely compare with the achievements of the astrologers of antiquity. Cyril Fagan

Hello Steve,

I am afraid I dont have the answer for you but it is an interesting idea. Not something I have really considered before so thanks for raising it.

I do use the fixed stars with transits but only by projecting the stars on to zodiacal positions. I tend to restrict parans to natal work. Are you just thinking of transiting planets co-arising with stars or those simultaneously on another angle? The latter would obviously increase the possibilities substantially.

It can be done rather labouriously on Solar Fire but it would be so time consuming as to make it a bit impractical.

Its a good suggestion to make to the developers of Solar Fire or Kepler for the next version.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

transiting parans

Hi Mark
Many Moons ago I worked with transiting parans to the natal chart with the old dos program Nova. It was cumbersome to isolate one?s yearly transiting parans with this program. What little experience I had with these t. parans impressed me, and confirmed to me that Robert Hands essay (many moons ago) on t. parans warranted further study. Robert Hand said he had seen cases where t- parans described incidents and events much better than zodiacal transits. In other words, where there was an event?there were no zodiacal transits but there were t. parans. Several years ago I contacted the developers of Solarfire and asked if I could pay for a patch file that would allow me to list t. parans---they told me no-- this would be a large task?I dropped my pursuit. I have seen much evidence with Return Charts where a transiting or progressed Paran times major incidents to the day. Deep down?I feel we astrologers may have encountered a huge ?missing link? in the field of astrology without seeing and being conscious of t. parans, or for this matter, any type of paran. I agree it is ?impractical? and indeed big time ?laboriously? for the astrologer to compute by long hand one?s yearly t. parans. We need a special program for this so we can quickly scan one?s t. parans. Hand said this would be a simple task for a programmer, but the tech support people at Solarfire indicated to me this would not be a simple task. As of now I am not interested in star parans only planetary parans with natal & return charts.

Regards, Steve
With all our modern knowledge and scientific equipment, and with the the great strides made in mathematics, we astrologers have done nothing to even remotely compare with the achievements of the astrologers of antiquity. Cyril Fagan

To be sure what was meant with the technique I looked for the interview, it's on Skyscript: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/rhand.html
footnote [3] explains the technique. However I have a remark on Hand's second part of his reply.
Robert Hand wrote:(...) We have the computers, and it's a very easy program to write. The problem is that you have to know where a person is going to be in order to make a prediction. Because if you change latitude, you will change the timing of the transits - completely. You could utterly alter the scenario of a year's transits by going from New York to London! However, this might actually give you dynamic indications of which latitude ranges to avoid or to take special advantage of.
If this should be done, then the same should be done with 'normal' zodiacal transits to Ascendant and MC adapted to the area where one is at the moment. As far as I know, most astrologers don't do this. So why do this with the paran transits?

I don't know a computer program but there's a way one could try with one of Astrodienst's chart options. Calculating with a pocket calculator isn't really too elaborate on this subject.

The real problem rises if one wants to calculate transits to planets between the Meridian and Horizon or aspects to them and to Meridian and Horizon. Several options are possible and depend on the house system of preference, Placidus, Campanus Regiomontanus, but here you enter the realm of 'mundane' systems (not to be confused with mundane astrology as world astrology).

Addition15:00 UT
http://www.astro.com/ > Free Horoscopes > Horoscope Drawings & Calculations > Chart Drawing, Ascendant > Write down the Sidereal Time you get in the horoscope
Then again to Horoscope Drawings & Calculations > Extended Chart Selection
under ?Methods? > Pullen/Astrolog > Gauquelin sector chart for Prof. Ertel
then ?Click to show the chart?.

Now you get this type of chart which puts the angles always 90? apart and uses the ?in mundo? positions of the planets. The planets? positions bottom right are expressed in signs but these are in fact house positions. Aries = House I etc. You can check this by taking a birth time several hours earlier, you will see that the planets are one or several houses further. Ok this is the natal chart expressed in Placidian aspects etc, which can be very different from the usual ecliptical aspects. This is what is meant in Hand?s interview in footnote [3]
footnote wrote: Parans may not be visible in the chart as aspects; in fact, they may even appear as different aspects. For example, a "square paran" (where one planet is, say, on the Ascendant at the same time that another is on the MC) may involve two planets which are in a trine aspect in the zodiac.
Now if you want to check your transits to the horizon or meridian then first look in the normal ecliptical ephemeris when this usually occurs. Then you calculate around this date in the way described above. One thing is very important; if you use the place of birth then always make sure you have the same sidereal time in this new chart. The chart shows rather the house positions and not the zodiacal. If you use the method which Hand promoted, new horizon for the place where you are during the transit, then first calculate the birth chart as if the person was born over there and again, use this same sidereal time for the further calculations. With a bit trial and error then you will find the exact day when a planet transits the horizon or meridian.

For planets that can be far from the ecliptic the difference can be huge, like for Pluto or Venus when she is 8? from the ecliptic. The differences on the horizon usually will also be considerable when the ecliptic makes a small angle with the horizon, like at high latitudes, Scotland, Scandinavia around 18:00 Sidereal Time.

For transiting aspects to planets you look in the ?new? birth chart where the planet will have to be to make the aspect and then try to find it again by several calculations. Again with the same sidereal time. This method is for Placidian mundane angles, Regiomontanian/Campanian usually will give different results except for horizon and meridian.

If you use the equatorial reference frame (based upon the meridian) then you can use the planetary positions of right ascension and declination in www.ephemeris.com , the 'fixing' of the sidereal time won't be necessary here. (If you read this Mark, this would be the 'red path' of the Chinese which you mentioned in the seasons and zodiac thread.)

Having a preference for the ecliptic, and following my anecdotal experience (and not only my theoretical views), I?m not an advocate of these ?mundane? systems. I also tried the conjunctions of transiting planets to the horizon and meridian and since there haven't been so many, I give these the benefit of the doubt.

However I still might be biased while others may have other experiences. I'm not an 'authority' on the field, so here?s the way to try it, and people can find out for themselves.

Parans

Thanks for the input Eddy.
Eddy wrote:
If this should be done, then the same should be done with 'normal' zodiacal transits to Ascendant and MC adapted to the area where one is at the moment. As far as I know, most astrologers don't do this. So why do this with the paran transits?
I am not sure I am following/understanding your thinking with your above quote. But I am sure I understand Paran transits.

Paran transits are an entirely different approach for doing transits to the natal chart than ?normal? zodiacal transits to the natal chart or transits to the natal Asc. or MC. That is why most astrologers don?t do them; therefore, the reason no programmer has tried to market a package with paran transits. You ask why do the paran transits? The reason I want to be able to be able to see a list of Paran Transits is because I believe as Robert Hand believes, paran transits may be much more potent/important than ?normal? zodiacal transits. We already know that the most potent astronomical position of a planet is on the angles of a chart. But what we are entirely ?missing? with paran transits is when a transiting planet is on any one of the four angles with a natal planet on any one of the four angles at the same time, for a given location, ONLY INVOLVING THE LOCAL HORIZON AND MERIDIAN CIRCLES?not our Natal Ascendants or MC. This is a most confusing issue to most astrologers involving Parans. The following may help where Robert Hand says pertaining to Paran Transits from his Essays on Astrology, Chapter 7, ?A New Approach to Transits:?
?Please note here we are always referring to the bodily transits of the horizon circle and the meridian circles, not the zodiacal positions of the Ascendant, Midheaven, Descendant and Imum Coeli.?
Where did Robert Hand get the ideal for Paran Transits? In his essay pertaining to Paran Transits?he writes:
?I was introduced to parans through the writings of Cyril Fagan, who wrote about them in the ?Primer of Sidereal Astrology, and in various articles appearing in ?American Astrology? magazine. From my experiences with parans through my own work, it became obvious that they were extremely important and had significance at least equal to conventional aspects.?
Trough my astrological experiences-- ANY TYPE OF PARAN CONFIGURATION has much more significance than conventional aspects?yet we astrologers continue to be in the blind because there is no computer program that will REVEAL the TIME of paran configurations to our eyes and mind! On the day 9/11 George W. Bush had a Paran configuration with his 2001 Solar Moon with his natal Saturn on his Solar Quotidian Chart. Solar Quotidians are daily charts and Paran Configurations are rare with Quotidian Charts. Cyril Fagan was the innovator of Solar Quotidian Charts. Of course no astrologer could have predicted the events of 9/11 but the astrologer who understood the importance of Paran configurations would have known this Quotidian Day Paran would have marked a very important day. I sincerely believe Robert Hand would have developed a computer program by know specializing in Paran Configurations if he had not devoted a big portion of his life energies to ?Project Hindsight?--his time now is very limited. Before the genius of Project Hindsight there was the tremendous genius of Cyril Fagan but Fagan?s work never made it into mainstream astrology---mainly because there were no computers or astrological programs during Fagan?s heydays?also the fact?the bulk of Fagan?s writings/methodologies never made it to the minds of mainstream/professional astrologers. Fagan states from ?A Primer of Sidereal Astrology:?
?Paran configurations are the most powerful of all astrological configurations.?
Fagan also writes in one of his AA columns:
?Should the reader take his own horoscope and put each of his natal planets in turn on each of the four angles, for the place of birth or for that of the place of residence, he will be astonished to find a surprising number of potent parans in his nativity which he never suspected existed; and which give a totally different complexion to the significance of his natal chart. Such parans, being mundane, are more powerful and significant than mere zodiac configurations.? Solunar Handbook, pg. 101.
There is only one computer program that I know of that offers a lists of one?s natal parans and that is Janus. But the huge problem exists with Janus?no one knew the importance of Parans; therefore, no one involved in writing the Janus program could point out to the astrologer the importance of the Paran list?only Fagan/Hand?s brilliant astrological minds realized the importance of Paran configurations. This is a huge problem! The mind of the astrologer who realizes the importance of Paran Configurations needs to hook-up with the mind of the computer programmer who has no ideal the importance of Paran Configurations, in order for the interested astrologer in Parans--to know how to isolate paran configurations. Only then will the astrological community be able to see and experience the potency of Parans.

My research has absolutely proved to me the preceding quotes by Fagan/Hand are absolutely true; but, until a programmer with astronomical knowledge involving the various paran configurations writes a special program-- we astrologers will remain unaware when these ?most powerful? paran configurations takes place. Understand, a paran configuration, astronomically, can have different forms. There are transiting Parans to natal planets, transiting parans to solar return planets, transiting parans to secondary progressed planets, individual natal parans, individual solar return parans, individual progressed solar moon parans with natal and solar planets and transiting parans involving the all important progressed solar moons. I sincerely believe if a special computer program was written allowing the astrologer to see a list of WHEN any possible paran configurations existed?this would absolutely revolutionize the SIGHT of astrologers. It would probably, eventually, make the programmer a bundle of money. I am not interested with gain for commercial issues?I am looking for a programmer that I could work with in order that I could pass-on my knowledge pertaining to these much over-looked Parans?in order to see the important TIMES of planetary manifestations. I am not a vocational astrologer and know nothing about program writing. I am a reclusive analytical research astrologer and my astrological research tells me we astrologers are missing important TIMING astrological knowledge pertaining to various paran configurations. So if anyone knows a good astrological programmer or if one is reading this post, I am willing to work with him in helping write (with detailed manual instructions) what I consider would become a very important specialized astrological program for the community of astrologers.

Regards, Steve

Paran Configurations

Why do I believe a specialized computer program pertaining to Cyril Fagan?s innovations/parans has great potential in revolutionizing the sight of astrologers?

1: Because my Cyril Fagan research has proven to me paran configurations offers one of the best predictive tools in the field of astrology.

2: Because I have a tremendous amount of faith in Robert Hand?s quoted words below from his Essay about Paran Transits.
?If this line of study pans out, it could provide the first reasonably reliable predictive tool that astrology has. One that could actually be used to head off accidents, illness and other undesirable phenomena. It could also be used to take advantage of favorable times for maximum results. Astrology would then fall in line with biorhythms and other rhythmic studies as a precise tool in determining timing. And if this continues to pan out, the methods for helping people determine the best time periods in their lives for various type of action would be much simpler than the current methods based on complex interrelations of transits in the zodiac, progressions and even horary methods.?
3: Because I have put Robert?s above statement, pertaining to paran transits, to several individual tests for myself; both, to ?take advantage of favorable times for maximum results,? and choosing not to take action with unfavorable times, which later proved to me to be the correct decision. When it pertains to other people, many aspects of our lives are fated; but, when it comes to pure individual action without involving other persons, we clearly have individual choices that can be acted upon with certain individual decisions. I feel working with paran configurations pertaining to our own individually?could allow an individual astrologer to tap into those Merlin qualities that exists in every potential astrologer.

It should be remembered when Robert wrote his Essay on Paran Transits, the Personal Computer had not been invented where Robert stated in this same essay:

?... keeping track of the transits (parans) would be very difficult without a computer. To apply (or test) this technique one would need access to a computer??

After Robert published his book in 1982, ?Essays on Astrology? which contained one of his essays on Paran Transits, he then devoted several years of his life in developing and marketing (everyone has to make a living) one of the first astrological programs to be introduced to the World?NOVA. Nova was in DOS Format but as far as I know Nova was the only program that had a Paran Transit option. But if any astrologer had not read Hand?s essay on Paran Transits (s)he would not have realized the potential importance of doing research with Paran Transits. In other words, Paran Transit, even today, has never actually been discovered by today?s astrologers. After Robert divested himself of Astrolabe & Nova he began his passionate devotion to ?Project Hindsight.? After ?Project Hindsight? Robert went back to school beginning a part of his life to higher education.

As far as I can determine no computer program since Nova has been written (2010) to handle paran configurations. As late as 2002 Robert still was endorsing his work pertaining to his above quotes from his Essay on ?A New Approach to Transits.? In Robert?s essay on Paran Transits he asked other astrologers to help him in researching the potential importance of Paran Transits but there were very few astrologers who pursued research into Paran Transits. Robert in his 2002 interview restated his essay beliefs in the potential importance of Paran Transits and insinuates a specialized Paran program would be ?simple? for a programmer to write. As I have stated, I have seen substantial evidence that Paran Configurations are much more potent with precise timing than zodiacal configurations. I think one day this could be proven to be a great ?missing link? in the entire field of astrology. I wish I had knowledge in writing a specialized Paran program for myself. The pure astronomical principle of astrological Paran Configurations exemplifies and emphasizes the Ancient?s grand symbol of the Cross inscribed in a Circle, which in a sense is the same grand symbol found in any astrological scope.

Regards, Steve

Hi Steve,

Please don't let my views spoil your enthusiasm and your desire for research. I simply don't think we should use transits to relocated charts. Perhaps this rather a more (personal) 'ethics' motivated view from my side than one based upon investigation. If Hand says that:"You could utterly alter the scenario of a year's transits by going from New York to London!", I believe one might easily interprete this in the sense of changing ones 'fate'. Perhaps he's right but I wouldn't feel comfortable with it. I'm afraid it could make people litterally 'run away' for their problematic transits.

This doesn't need to bother the calculations though. You can experiment with the method with those Astrodienst charts of my post of yesterday. It looks difficult but you don't have to do calculations, the worst thing is that it's probably a bit time consuming.

Addition 21:00
Here are some formulae which can be performed with a pocket calculator.
First the angle between ecliptic and horizon has to be calculated. with
-cos d * sin a * sin e + sin d * cos e = sin l
, the distance from zenith to the ecliptic is measured. d=declination, a=sidereal time expressed in degrees, e=obliquity of the ecliptic (to the equator) and l=the latitude of the zenithpoint. 90?-l=highest point of the ecliptic. At the same time this is thus the angle between ecliptic and horizon.

With the following formulae the distance of the point, where the planet will touch the horizon, to the ascendant will be found.
These formulae (based upon John Napier's rules) are for spherical triangles with one right angle/90?, C. A and B are the other angles. In these calculations the triangle is to be seen with A the angle between ecliptic and horizon (result 'l' from the formula above). a (not to be confused with the 'a' of the formula above) is the angle of the side in the trine opposite of A (and thus adjacent to angles B and C), b is opposite angle B and c opposite C. A is the point of the ascendant, B is the point on the ecliptic that is related to the planet C, is the point on the horizon and is the point of the body of the planet.
sin a = sin A * sin c
a=the latitude of the planet (many ephemerides don't give the latitude of planets but www.ephemeris.com does). With a and A as known we can calculate c. c=is the side of the triangle that coincides with the horizon, the distance of C to A. This is further not of our interest but leads us to the following formula.
cos c = cos a * cos b
With a and c as known we get b. This is our desired distance of the ecliptical position of the planet (while at the same time we saw the body of the planet touches the horizon at C). Depending on the latitude being positive or negative, b is subtracted respectively added to the position of A which is the ecliptical position of the ascendant.

This is all difficult to understand using just the formulae. To see what is happening one should make a drawing of the particular situation and find the right angled triangle back in the picture and then apply the formula. Often in many cases I do this myself, or I try to imagine this in the mind, it's really helpfull. This is what the basis triangle ABC looks like.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... le.svg.png You can lead almost every mathematical issue in astrology to this triangle.

Please take a look at this picture:
http://www.math.cornell.edu/~mec/larges ... iangle.jpg
It looks like we would see the globe (from the outside) and on the West-side of the horizon (on the Northern hemisphere in the temperate zone). Here the sides of the triangle are named: l, ll and lll. If we would call the angles opposite of these sides i, ii and iii respectively, then 'l' coincides with the horizon, 'll' is the line from planetary body to the ecliptic and 'lll' coincides with the ecliptic. 'i' coincides with the point on the ecliptic where the ephemeris places the planet ecliptically, 'i' is also the 90? angle, 'ii' coincides with the point on the ecliptic and is the resulting angle size of the very first formula here, 'iii' coincides with the body of the planet, and is on the horizon. In this picture the latitude of the planet would be negative even though the ecliptical point of the planet crossed the ascendant a while ago, now the planet would be just on the horizon.

There's one interesting issue. Since most latitudes of planets are relatively small and in case the ecliptic to horizon is not extremely small (which sometimes occur in polar regions), we can work with congruence. Congruence is a concept in plane geometry (and thus also plane trigonometry), when there are two triangles and the angles of the first triangle is of the same size as the other but the length of one of the sides of the first triangle is twice that of the second, the other angles too will be twice the size of the sides of the other triangle.
This picture illustrates this: http://hotmath.com/images/gt/lessons/ge ... angles.gif
With the small triangle in the big one we get something that looks like this:
http://www.apronus.com/geometry/images/4sides.gif
Ignore the line AC, our interest is the big triangle DAE and the smaller one CBE within the big one. (in this picture A and B aren't 90? but close to it).

So the only thing we have to do, when dealing with normal sizes, after calculating one example, we use the proportions of a and b in the second and third formula of the post. When we look at the latitudes in the ephemeris, which changes during the movement of the planet we apply the proportion formula to estimate the date the body of the planet will touch the horizon. Then the calculations can be done for more exactness.

Again note that the use of congruence isn't totally correct for spherical triangles. This example will illustrate this. Latitude on Earth 51.5?N (London area) sidereal time 18:00. This is the easiest example since the equinoctical points coincide with East and West and 0?Capricorn is in the meridian and the highest point at the same time. For an obliquity of the ecliptic of 23.5? the height is 15?. Descendant is 0?Libra. If we look for a planet transiting the western horizion a planet with latitude
+1? will require a subtraction of 3?44' from the Descendant,
+2? 7?29'
+5? 19?03'
+8? 31?38'
+12? 52?30'
+15? 90?

If sidereal time is 6:00, 0?Cancer is in the meridian and coincides with the highest point of the ecliptic, height will be 62?. For the same latitudes and planet's transiting the western horizon (Asc. = 0?Aries) the results to be subtracted from the ascendant value will be:

+1? 0?32'
+2? 1?04'
+5? 2?40?
+8? 4?17'
+12? 6?29'
+15? 8?11'

Now if the latitudes are compared it becomes visible that the use of congruence won't lead to extreme differences unless at a small angle of ecliptic-horizon (the first serie) and/or high latitudes of planets.

So for people who haven't yet thrown their computer out of the window after reading all this, it illustrates how with relatively few formulae the calculations can be made, and that Robert Hand is right in saying that the computer program for it would be easy. Perhaps it's the combination with an electronical ephemeris program that would make it difficult or unattractive for program developers. Maybe someone who understands programs a bit can make a program with the basis formulae in which one self has to fill in the planetary positions longitude and latitude.

Paran Software

Thanks for the additional input Eddy. Maybe one day an interested programer will surface and write a specialized program for us interested astrologers. Anyone reading these posts--if the occasion arises-- try to network these posts down the line to any programers. If anyone has any ideas post them. Maybe I will get lucky with the upcoming Jupiter-Uranus conjunctions and find a programer.

Regards, Steve

Examples of Paran Transits

It just occurred to me I should post the two chart examples which Robert offered in his essay on Paran Transits. Robert chose these examples by random selection. The only thing both cases had in common was an accurate birthchart and an accurately timed event chart.

The first case: Abduction of Patricia Hearst which occurred Feb 4th, 1974, 21:20 PDT, Berkeley, California. Birth Data: Feb. 20th 1954, 6:01 PM, PST, San Francisco, Mt. Zion Hospital.

Robert only uses partile aspects for these two examples. Remember Jim Eshelman?s teachings in his book, ?Interpreting Solar Returns where he says, ?Partile aspects reign supreme.?

The first planet listed is transiting and the second planet listed is natal.

Patricia Hearst abduction aspects:
The only Zodiacal aspect was Sun 120 Jupiter 33 minutes. ***Note: A very unapt symbolic aspect for abduction.

Paran Transits:
Sun MC 90 Mars Setting +54 minutes
Moon MC 0 Uranus MC +48 minutes
Moon Setting 90 Saturn MC +32 minutes
Moon Rising 90 Moon IC exact Indeed a bad Moon Rising.
*Venus MC 90 Saturn Setting -26 minutes
*Venus Rising 90 Saturn MC +25 minutes
*Saturn Rising 90 Venus MC -11 minutes
Uranus Setting 0 Neptune Setting -03 minutes.

***Note: All of these Paran Transits are apt symbolism for the event. Also note the 3 above * Paran Transits with Venus-Saturn symbolism?very apt symbolism for abduction.

The second case is Margaret Eden, who was killed when a train ran over her car.

Birth data: Aug. 17th 1926, 10:20 AM, PST, Long Beach, California
Event data: June 12th, 1950, 7:27 AM, PDT, Fullerton, California

Zodiacal Aspects:
Sun 120 Jupiter -55 minutes
Jupiter 90 Moon +14 minutes
*Both of the above Jupiter zodiacal aspects are not apt symbolism for a death. Also remember Robert chose these two examples randomly from his files.

Paran Transits:
Moon Rising 0 Mars Rising +18 minutes. Another bad Moon Rising.
Moon Setting 180 Saturn Rising -40 minutes
Venus Rising 90 Venus IC -10 minutes
Mars IC 90 Pluto Rising -1 degree
Mars Setting 180 Uranus Rising +40 minutes
Neptune Rising 90 Pluto MC +35 minutes. *Note the apt symbolism with Mars-Pluto & Mars-Uranus.

Again, I ask readers to direct any programmers they may know to this topic. Paran Transits could be a huge ?missing link? in the field of astrology. I know very proficient siderealists who could help in the correct math for all the types of Paran Configurations, besides Paran Transits. But just the Paran Transits alone in a programmable format would be a huge help to astrologers.

Regards, Steve

Thanks for the examples Steve. I searched the names on the internet.
For the second example I didn't find any results but Patricia Hearst's bizarre story is here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patty_Hearst

Granddaughter of William Randolph Hearst and being a member of a thus wealthy family, she was abducted by an extremist left winged group who wanted some imprisoned members to be sent free. Later she would join the group in a bank robbery. In her defence later she said that she had been forced and it was said she had developed sympathy for her kidnappers (Stockholm syndrom).

Although the day of the abduction doesn't give exact transits, Neptune transited her Venus-Mars natal square that period. This would also psychologically (and also planet-symbolically) fit to her actions, making her sensitive to coercion by extremist types even to commit violent crimes.

Perhaps then a combination of the views is possible, with the paran transits as more 'materialised'/'physical' events and the zodiacal transits as 'emotional' or 'incentive' events,

Eddy wrote:
Perhaps then a combination of the views is possible, with the paran transits as more 'materialized'/'physical' events and the zodiacal transits as 'emotional' or 'incentive' events,
You could be absolutely correct Eddy. If paran transits have more to do with? materialized?/?physical? events then we have to ask ourselves the question: what happens when we are fully conscious of the symbolism with paran transits pertaining to our individual objectives, goals, and decisions relative to our own environments? Can we ?materialize? events for ourselves by being conscious of our choices with paran transits verses an ?emotional? or psychological feeling with an ordinary zodiacal transit? I have monitored ordinary zodiacal natal transits for many years and they do not ?materialize physical events? except when they fall on the angles of Solunar Charts. Astrologers will not be able to distinguish the difference until we get the software to know when Paran Transits exist. Robert Hand stated pertaining to Paran Transits:

??it became obvious they were extremely important??

We need a specialize program!

Regards, Steve

Hello Steve,

I have read through this topic thread with great interest.

Besides the obvious symbology of the examples you posted, just the fact that two of the greatest minds in Astrology, Hand and Fagan, have shown support for these ideas are truly enough to not only imply that we might investigate this further, but obviously that we SHOULD.

Though I would dearly LOVE to help you in this project (I was a programmer, even making it into a national magazine at one point for coding the front end of a 3D-renderer and I was a math major in college), I fear that my skills are rusty (though not gone! ;) ) and I have not done ANY programming for the PC. (My programming was all in Modula2 on the Amiga graphics workstation, many moons ago...yeah, an old fart am I)

Still, I want to voice my support for this idea. I truly believe that you ARE onto something fundamental here. In the same way that the Angles "tell the tale" in natal Astrology, it would be ILLOGICAL to think further paran configurations would not likely be very telling.

A previous user on this forum, that I haven't seen in awhile, Unique_Astrology, had presented here an idea on his method of progressing a Lunar Return. His findings through this method, from my studying of his examples, hinged often on paran configurations. He may or may not be able to help you, but I see a certain similarity of ideas. (not the same, but a definite parallel) It couldn't hurt to attempt to speak to him. Additionally, he has/had an account at PhotoBucket showing the methodology, relating events to parans with very accurate symbolism.

Here is a link to his Photobucket examples:

http://s46.photobucket.com/home/unique_astrology

First, you may want to go here...

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f111/ ... NMSPEC.gif

...in order to see how he is tying together paran positions for the JFK assassination. Very interesting stuff!

Good luck, Steve.

I have Janus and want to spend some time manually researching a few things, just to convince myself personally of just how important they are.

I would also very much enjoy if you would perhaps PM me, if there are any special considerations that your experience has shown you, which might be a pitfall to someone initially looking into this.

Thank you very much for the generosity to share these great ideas, for your enthusiasm, and for the clarity of your presentation of this.

Peace

Atlantean