The Life & Work of Vettius Valens
by Deborah Houlding
Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

will my hubby's business be prosperous

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicdolphin

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: will my hubby's business be prosperous Reply with quote

Hi people

I need 2nd pair of eyes on this chart

my friend is in distress about her husband's new buiness venture. She think is is a bad idea. Transits and progressions are not pointing to anything possitive either..

the chart is radical venus ruler of asce the same as triplicity of asce

here is my thinking

the hubby is Moon
the business is jupiter
income is saturn 5h house
the finances of the queested is mars
IT LOOKS BAAAAD!
moon is hidden in 12th - own enemy
saturn is in critical degree in 8th house - losses
jupiter is fixed/cadent - BAD!
moon trines jupiter itself!
mars will sextile jupiter but reception is one sided
yeah it is true . hubby puting in all the money
saturn is very worrysome.
north node is in 4th house but it is not enough to say solid yes
but points to a loss
jupiter's critical degree as well

Thanks
CD
Seiko

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter how you look at it, "IT LOOKS BAAAAD!" pretty much sums up everything that's going on in the chart.

Your friend seems to be a bit confused and frustrated at the moment but it looks like she and her hubby get along pretty well so she should talk to him.
Seiko

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, she should ask her female friend(s) to help her out and reason with him. I say friend(s) because the significator is in a prolific sign so there could be more than one, and female because everything (signs/term) is feminine according to the traditional material.

At least that's how I see it. Hopefully someone will come up with a better idea or something.
Clinton Soule

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CosmicDolphin,

Here is the chart:

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?;lang=e;gm=a1;nho2=;btyp=2;mth=gr;sday=16;smon=8;syr=2011;hsy=1;zod=;orbp=;rs=2;add=18;node=-Yn;pfday=-YP%201;fix=1;ast=&nhor=1&cid=cjhfileE8eC9P-u1313534778

Keep in mind that Mercury is rated R at the monent, beyoun Parental Guidence Sugested; so a lot of details will be overlooked.

Her husband is actually Jupiter and it also rules her husband's 10th, occupation house.

Note: Jupiter is recieving a sextile from Luna and that devilish Mars; not a bad thing for her husband or his career. Leery

The Moon is always a significator of the querant, and it this case the querant looks pretty good on this horary by Luna's aspects.

As Capricorn, the 5th, is your husband's money house from this job I can see why it is thought that Mars in Cancer(it's Essential Fall) would at first look like a bad thing for the money from career earnings. But Saturn is in it's Essential Dignity.

Note: the Ascendant lord is Rectrograde, and what does Lilly and the Ancients before him say about that in horary?

In looking at this horary, I'd say the money earned would be not good, But consulting Term, Face, Dignitys, etc., this one may throw us a curve. Shocked

Those nice Luna and Jupiter aspects would make me look a little closer at this chart.

But look at the querant's lord, Mercury combust in the 12H, and Lilly gives great warning on a combust lord of the querant; the yellow caution light is flashing!

Clinton Garrett Soule
cosmicdolphin

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to both of you

Seiko,
interesting you said a woman. Well, this business is partially owned by a woman, who is managing to agruvate my friend. In my opinion, she is ready to rip that woman's head off.

Clinton
My friend has no control over this so combustion does make sense.
Moon reaches Mars before reaching Jupiter
Nnode is not that bad on 4th ..
I didnt see a total loss but i do see their business not paying off as it should. I dont even see profit quite honestly
Saturn being in his 8th house does bother me

Cheers
CD
Seiko

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the answer to "will my hubby get financial gain out of his bv" is NO. And as I said the Querent should ask her friend or friends who her hubby likes and respects (Moon & Jupiter in mutual reception) to talk some sense into him.

The Querent's husband's potential business partners are harming themselves (and probably have something to hide), their finances are a mess (Venus combust and Saturn in the 2nd in square with Mars (hubby's money) and both Malefics hate each other, i.e., ill-receptions between them).

Look at the 4th and the 5th and it's the same sad story.

Husband is Jupiter cadent & peregrine, so poetically speaking he kinda knows right from wrong but wants to do the wrong thing, in aspect with Mars which signifies his own money; Mars in its Fall and "hates" him.

He could be a bit stubborn being in a fixed sign but hopefully people represented by Moon can help this matter along.
cosmicdolphin

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seiko

you nailed it .. he is STUBBORN! He will go at all costs to get what he wants. I AGREE! they are harming themselves. The worst thing is economy is in such rough shape, they cant risk it what they are about to do *that is my virgo venus talking*.. I have a feeling the wife will talk some sense into him on a long run. Moon / Mars makes me thinks something has to happen first. Looks like Moon is the wife / querent

thanks
CD
Clinton Soule

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dearest Forum membership,

This is what I'm referencing within this particular horary that initially I thought is a definite No answer on the husband's earnings despite Mercury presently being Rated R:

In CAI, is that page 111 under Prohibition Lilly says:

"....you must know that the combustion of any Planet is the greatest misfortune that can be."

And look at the lord of this Querant in Accidental Detriment in the 12H and very Combust as Merc is Rectroing into the Sun as Sol advances where Lilly says:

CAI page 113, under Combustion, Lilly warns us:

"...you must observe a Planet is more afflicted when the Sun hastens to conjunction of him,..."

And who is this person if Lilly is right who the querant is afraid of under same section of CAI:

"....the significator of the Querent Combust, shews him or her in great fear, and over powred by some great person."

That Jupiter cjt the 9th(Lilly's five degree Rule) and well aspected tells me it's not her husband she is in fear of!

And according to Lilly under CONSIDERATIONS Before Judgment, page 122, he says he adapted this from the Arabians:

"If the Lord of the Ascendant be Combust, neither question propounded will take, or Querent be regulated."

Now I'm just wondering if we should be even bothering with the horary *if* I understand Lilly correctly upon these words.

But what really troubles me during this Recto of Mercury period is that is there a mitigating 'light factor' like Translation, Collection, Prohibition, or Frustration that I can't grasp in reading lilly in his definitions of these by the Moon trining Mars before Mars makes his Sinister Square to Saturn. Or is Mars Mitigated by the Sextile Dexter he will make with Jupiter(lord of the astrologer and husband). Very puzzling on this.

Saturn is in his Face at 13 degrees, in Triplicity, and Essentially Exalted. Yet Mars is also in Tripicity, yet Essentially Fall

Tell me fellow Forum members do I understand this concept correctly that if using derivative houses, and the 7th is our initial astrologer, is the turned 7th, our Asc. the consultantcy or horary artists whom are helping out here?

If the Asc. represents other helping astrologers then we are combust and rated R!

Clinton Garrett Soule
Seiko

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why should we in the name of everything that is good introduce the astrologer into the chart? It just complicates matters -- and nobody is trying "to put a trick on the Artist". If someone would be foolish enough to do that, well, s/he's an idiot. We just read the chart to out best ability and that's all there is to it. I'm talking about the considerations before judgement, of course.

As you can see for yourself, Lilly did not follow the hour agreement etc rules in many of his actual charts in CA. That's why they are called "Considerations", not "Strict rules".

L1 is combust that usually means the Querent will not act wisely but what can we do about it? Nothing. We read the chart and that's all there is to it.

And this is not medieval times, so "fear" is a strong word. Overwhelmed, or powerless to act, or does not see/understand what's going on etc Of course, there can be situations when people are in fear of smth or somebody but nowadays when there are no Kings, Dukes, Generals, executions, harsh punishments and what not it is less common to be in great fear.

If the question would concern secret or hidden matters, combustion actually would be a good indicator.
Seiko

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS If the planets/significators are in aspect and in mutual reception, it takes a lot to prohibit whatever they represent. Mutual reception means they both want to go for it, no matter what. Of course, there's probably a reason why there is an interfering planet and we should try to interpret that but I'm not gonna meditate over that chart all over again.

So, unless there's an opposition w/ Saturn or something, I say whatever two sigs in mutual reception represent, it's pretty much gonna happen. In this case, we're talking about Moon and Jupiter.
Clinton Soule

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seiko said:

Quote:
Why should we in the name of everything that is good introduce the astrologer into the chart? It just complicates matters -- and nobody is trying "to put a trick on the Artist". If someone would be foolish enough to do that, well, s/he's an idiot. We just read the chart to out best ability and that's all there is to it. I'm talking about the considerations before judgement, of course.

Seiko, as stated I to beleive most likely it's a 'No' answer, with reservations.

And we know the astrologer, Jupiter is in great shape. The thing I'm questioning in this Merc Rectro time, are the consultant astrologers also the asc., as the asc., is the 7th of the 7th. If the Asc., represents the consultantcy other than the initial astrologer, then we are all rectrograde and caught in the combust.

I personally hate Merc Rectro horarys but they happen! Mad

From Bonatus, 'Guide to Astrologers', redone by Lilly:

"41. The 41st is, If an Infortune, being Significator, be in his own House or Exaltation, or in his own Terms or Triplicity, or in Angles or Succedent Houses; for by all these means he is fortified, and shall be counted strong as a Fortune."

Well we know that Saturn is in Essential Exaltation, in his Face at 13 degrees, and Triplicity. Yet he is debilitated by the Square from that devil Mars; looking like a 'No' despite Saturn's position. Sad

Seiko, I'm not grand with those 'Light factors' as I mentioned; I was hoping some whom are could share some Light on if Luna or Jupiter has any bearing on Mars that could mitigate a different outcome.

Also, can the astrologer fill us in on the situation, like does the husband currently have this job, etc.

Clinton Garrett Soule
cosmicdolphin

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

minor update. So far, it is all bleh. The querent is expecting her husband's business to get worse. He is making stupid decisions and there is nothing the querent/my friend can do at this point.

People just refuse to listen

Will let you know when this mess hits the fan.

thanks
CD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: