Who gets the first house?

I would greatly value the opinion of the group on how to best use horary to decide whether or not to make a loan to a particular individual.

I have some retirement money which I loan out to real estate investors who are looking for funds to buy or rehab a property. A contact will generally start when someone calls on the phone to ask if I have any money available, what my terms are, etc., and we talk about their project,(This happened yesterday, the 27th, at 2:51 pm EDT, Naugatuck, CT, 73W04, 41N43. I haven't put the chart up yet) The question is, who is assigned the first house? Ordinarily I'd say the caller, as they initiated the contact. But for yesterday's call, the woman saw a small notice I had placed on our clubs forum, stating that I had a few dollars to lend, and inviting members to call. In this case, perhaps one could argue that I invited the contact, so perhaps that would put me in the first? I assume that for any subsequent calls from the same person (for a new deal), or for a call from someone who had heard about me 'through the grapevine', the caller would go in the first.

Once the first house issue is solved, I can turn to the analysis of the chart. Let's say the caller is the first house. I assume that the first house would be examined for an index of their character, competance, reliability, etc.. Ordinarily, one would look to the second for their ability to repay, but I wonder if that would apply here? I should explain that in a transaction of this sort, my security is in the form of a promissory note and mortgage on their property. I would think, therefore, that an examination of the 4th (the house they wish to buy) and fifth (the profit potential of the property) houses would be important to give me an idea of whether their deal is viable. I know they think it is, but it may not be. The second would give some information on their financial resources, but when all is said and done, if they don't make their monthly payments, or can't repay all or part of the principal when the house is sold, then my recourse is to the property. Even tho they may own other properties, these are often held in trusts, and I wouldn't be able to get at them. Ivy Goldstein suggests looking at the borrowers 10th and 11th houses, but the people I lend to are not a business as such, which is why I would think the 4th and fifth houses would be more appropriate. Probably many borrowers are an LLC, but I still think it best to look at the chart on a more individual basis.

This post is over long already, so I will end it here. If anyone wants further information I'll be happy to supply it.

Thanks in advance for your input: it is greatly valued.

Bob

Hi Bob,

The question is whether you are treating the chart as a horary chart or an event chart. If it?s a horary ?Am I wise to engage in this financial transaction?? type of thing, then there?s no reason why you shouldn?t always place yourself on the ascendant as the person asking the horary question.

If it?s an event chart the assignation gets more complicated but from what you?ve written above this seems like a horary question on your part.

Deb