Those Darn Tapes

I am back to basics on this one. I can?t figure out what the significators are.

The situation is that I have been attempting for more than two years to get someone to send me some incredible vacation videos. A couple of years ago I ran into this Australian guy who took some video of our vacation. He promised to send me a copy of the videos once we got back home. We actually agreed to trade videos, as I had some footage that he wanted and vice versa. Once I got back home, I spent a lot of time chatting with this guy, John. This was back on 2002. After a lot of procrastination I edited my tapes and sent them to him in Australia. He claimed that he sent his to me some time before that but I never got anything. I didn?t want to press the point because by that time our internet chats had turned serious as he was taking care of a sick friend who had cancer. His friend was only about 25 and eventually died. I didn?t want to bring up the subject of the videos while John was dealing with this. Three months after his friend died, I asked about the tapes and he got all angry with me and we didn?t chat for over a year.

Then in the spring of 2004 John contacted me by e-mail. His life had gone from bad to worse. It seems he had become involved with another guy who had moved in with him and they were really happy. Then his new friend was killed in a traffic accident by a drunk driver. I spent a lot of time chatting with John about this, a turn of events beyond my imagining. Again I didn?t want to bring up the subject of the videos, but after a bit he brought it up and he said he?d send them to me. I offered to pay for the shipping, as he was flat broke. I sent him some international postage coupons to him. He said he sent them but again nothing. When I asked him about this during a chat he got very argumentative and even belligerent and paranoid. Then a friend of John contacted me by e-mail to explain all of this. This friend of John, a guy named Mike, told me that John had cracked up and was in and out of a mental hospital. So that explained the erratic behavior. I wrote back and forth with Mike about John?s mental state and how horrible it was to have two close friends of his die in so short a time. Then I didn?t hear anything from either of them until last week.

John?s friend Mike contacted me to tell me that John had vanished without a trace for over six months. John finally surfaced but only through an e-mail to Mike to say that he was still alive, but no one knows where he is or how he?s been living. Mike hasn?t heard anything from John since. I just got an e-mail from Mike tonight and he remembered about the videos and told me that he?d look around John?s place for them and send them to me.

My question is, ?Will I ever get these darn videos?? The question was asked on November 6, 2004 at 10:00 PM EST, in Falls Church, VA, 38 N 53, 77 W 10.

I asked this question once this spring and the answer seemed to be no. But that was when I was dealing with John, not Mike, and before John disappeared. Would this merit a new chart?

And if so, what would the significators be? First for the videos - usually I think of someone else?s property as being the 8th house. But I see John as a friend, so his property (the tapes) would be the 2nd from the 11th house. Does that make sense? If so, then the tapes would be the Moon, and my Aussie friend would be Venus.

I guess I see Mike, the guy I am dealing with now as a friend of a friend, so would that be the 11th house from the 11th house? If so, then he would be Jupiter.

The problem is that my significator would also be the Moon. This is where I am stuck.

I am not at all sure about any of this. Can anyone offer some insight? The situation is kind of complicated, since the person who I am relying on now is a friend of a friend, the original friend is now in the land of the lost, while the tapes are still stored over at his house, though since he gone, they are not actually in his possession. And the whole situation is kind of strange in that it started out as just someone I met on vacation, but ended up taking a really serious turn. I don?t want to seem cold, but the whole basis of the friendship was to exchange the vacation tapes. Then I got drawn in and became more of a confident for John during some really troubled times. But, through it all I still really wanted the tapes. I get the feeling that some people out there will think I am really cold about this, but on the other hand I spent hours and hours supporting John in chats and e-mail. It?s not like I obsess about this, but when I heard back from John?s friend Mike, I did wonder about the tapes.

Maybe this chart just isn?t valid. When in doubt I think the thing to do is to see if the chart describes the situation. Since I am having trouble with the significators, even that seems hard to do.

I also wonder if I should just use Mercury as natural ruler of videos.

Would it be worthwhile to look back at the first chart? I still have it.
Mark F

Those darn tapes

?Hi Mark,

Just a few thoughts : Firstly, I get the Asc as 29Can37 - is that correct? If so, the very late Asc must surely be an indication that the matter has already been resolved and therefore the previous chart is still the one to refer to.
However, if we do use the current chart (even if just to "practice"), I would use the Moon as your significator, and the 2nd house for the video tapes, since it is really your video tapes, or at least would qualify as your possession, albeit a potential possession at this stage! If so, we would use the Sun as the significator of the tapes. Your friend John would be signified by Venus, ruler of the 11th. For Mike, I would look at the 5th house, as he seems to me kind-off like an agent, or an intermediary, looking to find agreement between you and John (regarding the tapes). Mars would therefore represent Mike.
I find you in the 2nd house showing that you are thinking about the tapes. The tapes (Sun) I find in the 4th house, ruled by Mars (Mike) by sign and Venus (John) by house. Mars (Mike), I also find in the 4th house and there is John (Venus) in the 4th as well. All this emphasis on the 4th house - possibly an indication that the tapes are "home", under the control of John and Mike. (It is perhaps also significant that all the significators are "down under" in this chart! :lol: ). It's also interesting to see Venus (John) not quite in the 4th (but within orb), maybe John is about to return home. (On the other hand, the strong emphasis on the 4th house can be just another way of letting us know that the matter has already been resolved .... :???: )
There is an applying sextile between the Moon (you) and the Sun (the tapes), which will be perfected in about 9 degrees. Also, take a look at Mercury (representing the 3rd house of postal services etc), in the 5th house (agents/Mike), ruled by Jupiter (long distance travel). The Moon (in Virgo) is separating from Mercury (square) and applying to the Sun (sextile), therefore, it would appear, we have translation of light here of Mercury (postal services) to the Sun (tapes). There is also a trine from Mercury to the Asc, as well as an applying sextile between Mercury (postal service), Venus (John) and Jupiter (ruler of 9th - long distance travel again, possibly and indication of the package being sent from overseas).
So: John (Venus) is about to return home (on 4th cusp) and is going to send the tapes by post (applying sextile between Venus and Mercury), overseas (applying sextile between Mercury and Jupiter, Jupiter also ruler of Mercury) with the help/assistance of Mike (Mercury in 5th) and you are eventually going to receive the tapes by post (Mercury trine Asc and applying sextile between Moon and Sun) in about 9 weeks (aspect perfects in about 9 degrees).
Well, that's my two cents worth - I'm probably dead wrong :-cry . I don't think you should really use this chart with the Asc being so late. What is the first charts' details?

Regards
Ida

Man, I can't believe that I missed the late rising sign in this chart.

While I am open to the idea that John's friend Mike could be seen as the ruler of the 5th house, I find it hard to see why these tapes could be represented by my 2nd house. They have never been in my possession. If we think of them as a gift, then maybe they would be shown by the 5th house, but if so, then what about Mike, the guy who now will be looking for and sending the tapes if possible.

Maybe the original chart would be better. The original chart was done on July 9 at 8:18 AM, EDT (+4 hours from GMT) at Falls Church, Virginia, 38 N 53, 77 W 10. This gives an ASC of 16 Leo 3. The situation back then was a little different, as this was before John had vanished, but while he was having major problems and had been in a mental hospital recently. John's friend Mike had already contacted me about all of this, and he said that he would help prod John into sending me the tapes, but as John was still around it would have to have been John's actions, not Mike's.

I didn't put a whole lot of thought into this original chart, and the same problems of who is what is present here too. I made my decision that this first chart said "no tapes" based just on the fact that the Moon's only applying aspect was an upcoming trine with Pluto. Since Pluto can't rule a house, it couldn't be the tapes, so therefore "no tapes". Looking back I guess this trine shows an obsession about them. Sure, I'll accept that.

The main thing I see is that there are four planets in the 12th house. My friend John's ruler. Mercury is in the 12th, as is my significator the Sun. I'll take a look at this original tape more later in the day, but I still can't decide on what to use for the tapes, or for John's friend Mike. Since I can't logically decide on what to use, I'll just try a few options and see what describes the situation best.

Anyone else care to pitch in?
Mark F

I took a stab at the first chart and came up with the following:

You = sun (1st house)
John = Saturn (7th house)
tapes are 5th house according to Rex Bills and I took the 5th house from 7th = Mercury
And Mercury being the messenger, makes sense to me.

The sun is leaving a conj with Saturn
The moon is leaving a square with Saturn

And the sun has no application with Mercury, and the moon already is more than 10 degrees out of a trine with Mercury.

The sun is in Cancer (not happy) and hugging the 12th house, and as I recall, is close enough to be considered a 12th house position. This makes me think that there are a lot of secrets and things you may not find out about. Mercury (the tapes) also resides in the 12th house.

My feeling is that given the recent conjunction with sun and Saturn you have a closeness to John, and sun and Saturn are in the 11th house of friendship. But the sun is following these tapes into the twelfth house. As you have followed the tapes into the house of secrets and everything else the 12th house represents.

Since you (sun, moon) are not applying to the tapes (Merc), I don't think you will see them anytime soon.

Sorry, I always feel bad when I see a negative. but then again, I may be all wrong in this interpretation. Good Luck!
Debra

Every comes to the same conclusion, but for different reasons.

I don't think that my friend John would be signified by the 7th house. We are just friends, so I am pretty sure that he would be shown by the 11th house.

My problem is trying to figure out where should I look for the tapes. I can reasonably see them being shown by the 2nd house from the 11th as they are John's property, by the 5th house as they are a gift of sorts and are conencted to the 'merrment' of a vacation, or perhaps even by my 2nd house, but I am not so sure pf this choice. Or we could also just take Mercury as the natural significator of video in general.

Right now I am focusing more on the first chart that I did back in July.
Mark F