You seem easily persuaded. The astrology-and-science website is dedicated to trying to debunk astrology. I wouldn?t draw any assumptions without getting more informed on what they present, because it is geared towards cherry-picking criticisms and omitting positive indications or balancing points of view. On that page they offer a highly condensed argument of a 17th century astrology critic, and it is obvious that his account favouring their inclinations. For example, Flamsteed says:
Indeed, so small is the verity of astrology that even astrologers do not agree on where it lies. Thus William Ramsey (Astrologia Restaurata 1653) says it lies with elections while William Lilly (Christian Astrology 1647) says it lies with horary (he makes his living by them), but John Gadbury (Genethlialogia 1658) laughs at both, thinks that elections are a vanity and horary uncertain, and says it lies with nativities, which I can disprove with one of his own examples of a famous person where, if the name of the person were concealed, the chart would be judged as indicating an idiot rather than a famous person.
I am acquainted with a wide variety of work published by William Lilly. Can you show me where Lilly says that the verity of astrology lies with horary and none of the other branches? He does not make this point at all, so if Flamsteed suggests he does I would be careful about placing too much weight on any other points he makes.
Patrick Curry, in his Prophecy and Power (pp.140-1) writes about how Flamsteed?s criticisms were based on a combination of scientific shortcomings, concern about its overriding popularity, influence on politics and social consequences. Flamsteed was the Astronomer Royal who drew the horoscope for the foundation of the Royal Greenwich Observatory, whilst accompanying it with a ridiculing scribbled note Risum teneatis amici: ?Can you help laughing, friends??. Cleary, he is likely to highlight or exaggerate an astrologer?s failings without giving detail to his successes, so the judgement of whether Gadbury was a good astrologer or not deserves a little more evaluation than this.