As some of you may remember, I previously talked about certain observations I made regarding the role that Transpluto (a.k.a. Bacchus and Isis) seems to play in earthquake charts, both on this forum and on my blog:

https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/ ... revisited/

To these, I now add as a most recent example the chart of the devastating quake that hit Haiti earlier this month.

This one shows once again the combined influence of Mars and Bacchus, said to be causing earthquakes by John Hawkins in his classical book Transpluto or Should We Call Him Bacchus the Ruler of Taurus, as the two are in a conjunction (along with Mercury) in the rising sign Virgo.

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/

Cool, this old thread is getting attention again! :' Here are a few updates to various points:
Fleur wrote:I see them in the same way as the Moons of Mars, Phobos and Demos, whose meaning is for me part of Mars anyway and I can't think of anyone trying to study them separately from Mars? Are there ephemerides for Phobos and Demos? Has anyone ever made a study of them? Would you study the Moons of Jupiter separately from Jupiter itself? Are there even ephemerides for them?
Planetary Moons: Yes, there are now ephemerides for Mars' moons Phobos and Deimos. The Swiss Ephemeris has made ephemeris files available for 27 of the most major planetary moons, so programs like Astrolog can display them. :D Moons aren't really treated separately from the planets they orbit, but rather they indicate which parts of the planet receives emphasis, and how that emphasis takes place. For details, see the thread http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11031, and for a more detailed page on planetary moon meanings and how to use them in astrology see: http://www.astrolog.org/astrolog/astmoon.htm

Eris and Sedna: The eight Uranian bodies were conceived of before Eris, Sedna, and any other object beyond Neptune were discovered. Hamburg school astrologers Alfred Witte and Friedrich Sieggrün had the right idea that there are several bodies beyond Pluto, although their eight proposed Uranian bodies don't physically exist. Now that a number of bodies beyond Neptune have been physically discovered, that may reduce the usage of Uranians. For example, Eris is 98% of Pluto’s diameter, 27% denser, and unlike Pluto is fully outside Neptune's orbit, so there are reasons to consider Eris at least as if not more astrologically significant than Pluto! :shock:

Asteroids: Ceres is notable because it's the largest asteroid, and contains nearly 1/3 the mass of the entire asteroid belt! Ceres is the only asteroid massive enough to be spherical like a planet, so it's the only asteroid that's also a Dwarf planet. Note that contemporary astronomy says that the asteroid belt isn't the remnant of any old planet or other body, but rather Jupiter's enormous mass prevented the primordial disk from ever forming a planet there in the first place. Interestingly, there is a physical Phaeton. Asteroid "3200 Phaeton" orbits closer to the Sun than any other named asteroid, so I'd consider it astrologically significant.

Etheric Planets: With the above, I'm not trying to claim that Phaeton and the Uranians don't exist! As an Esoteric Astrologer, I firmly believe in the existence of many "etheric planets" that only exist on astral or higher planes. (Such as Vulcan inside Mercury's orbit.) However, "proving" these etheric planets exist and how they orbit is of course impossible (at least scientifically) until we develop something like "quantum glasses" that can see into the spirit world and track ghosts, fairies, and such! :brows

Astrolog: As an update to a post earlier in this thread, Astrolog now supports Eris and Sedna directly (and the other "Seven Dwarfs" or the seven largest bodies beyond Pluto) and comes with ephemeris files for them, so one can just point and click to show them. Astrolog also now has an "Object Customization" dialog to make other objects easy to add. To show Isis-Transpluto in Astrolog, just define an object as "h9" (similar to what you type in astro.com). Similarly, to show physical asteroid "3200 Phaeton" in Astrolog, download its ephemeris file "se03200s.se1", then define an object as "3200" (again similar to astro.com's additional objects field).
Astrolog 7.60 freeware downloads: http://www.astrolog.org/astrolog.htm :)

Cruiser1 wrote:Cool, this old thread is getting attention again! :'
Cool you chimed in, Walter! :)
Here are a few updates to various points:
Fleur wrote:I see them in the same way as the Moons of Mars, Phobos and Demos, whose meaning is for me part of Mars anyway and I can't think of anyone trying to study them separately from Mars? Are there ephemerides for Phobos and Demos? Has anyone ever made a study of them? Would you study the Moons of Jupiter separately from Jupiter itself? Are there even ephemerides for them?
Planetary Moons: Yes, there are now ephemerides for Mars' moons Phobos and Deimos. The Swiss Ephemeris has made ephemeris files available for 27 of the most major planetary moons, so programs like Astrolog can display them. :D Moons aren't really treated separately from the planets they orbit, but rather they indicate which parts of the planet receives emphasis, and how that emphasis takes place. For details, see the thread http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11031, and for a more detailed page on planetary moon meanings and how to use them in astrology see: http://www.astrolog.org/astrolog/astmoon.htm

Eris and Sedna: The eight Uranian bodies were conceived of before Eris, Sedna, and any other object beyond Neptune were discovered. Hamburg school astrologers Alfred Witte and Friedrich Sieggrün had the right idea that there are several bodies beyond Pluto, although their eight proposed Uranian bodies don't physically exist. Now that a number of bodies beyond Neptune have been physically discovered, that may reduce the usage of Uranians.
It seems like Witte and Sieggrün deduced the Uranians on empirical grounds. Many moons ago, I tried to correlate them with the then-known TNOs, but to no avail. However, even though it is pretty safe to say by now that they have no physical representation, they do render interesting results in horoscope interpretation. I primarily see them as some sort of higher potentials.

Are they more or less significant than the verified TNOs? That's hard to say. To me, they are simply in a league of their own.
For example, Eris is 98% of Pluto’s diameter, 27% denser, and unlike Pluto is fully outside Neptune's orbit, so there are reasons to consider Eris at least as if not more astrologically significant than Pluto! :shock:
And yet Pluto is still the biggest TNO and, more importantly, the brightest of them all. He also stands out due to his nature as a 'double planet' - the only other planet accompanied by a moon of significant size relative to its own being the Earth!

I see the various plutoids more the way I look at asteroids and centaurs - noteworthy in their own right, but not on par with the major planets.
Asteroids: Ceres is notable because it's the largest asteroid, and contains nearly 1/3 the mass of the entire asteroid belt! Ceres is the only asteroid massive enough to be spherical like a planet, so it's the only asteroid that's also a Dwarf planet. Note that contemporary astronomy says that the asteroid belt isn't the remnant of any old planet or other body, but rather Jupiter's enormous mass prevented the primordial disk from ever forming a planet there in the first place. Interestingly, there is a physical Phaeton. Asteroid "3200 Phaeton" orbits closer to the Sun than any other named asteroid, so I'd consider it astrologically significant.
In this context, please note the very recent discovery of asteroid 2021 PH27 that gets closer to the Sun than any previously known object.

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... 7&start=15

Right now, I am not sure if this body, despite its minute size, might qualify as a candidate for Vulcan, but it would be worthy of further exploration - once its orbital parameters have been established.
Etheric Planets: With the above, I'm not trying to claim that Phaeton and the Uranians don't exist! As an Esoteric Astrologer, I firmly believe in the existence of many "etheric planets" that only exist on astral or higher planes. (Such as Vulcan inside Mercury's orbit.) However, "proving" these etheric planets exist and how they orbit is of course impossible (at least scientifically) until we develop something like "quantum glasses" that can see into the spirit world and track ghosts, fairies, and such! :brows

Astrolog: As an update to a post earlier in this thread, Astrolog now supports Eris and Sedna directly (and the other "Seven Dwarfs" or the seven largest bodies beyond Pluto) and comes with ephemeris files for them, so one can just point and click to show them. Astrolog also now has an "Object Customization" dialog to make other objects easy to add. To show Isis-Transpluto in Astrolog, just define an object as "h9" (similar to what you type in astro.com). Similarly, to show physical asteroid "3200 Phaeton" in Astrolog, download its ephemeris file "se03200s.se1", then define an object as "3200" (again similar to astro.com's additional objects field).
That's great! Even though, personally, I would like to see many more of those elusive bodies implemented in a straightforward manner and with their own proper glyphs in Astrolog 7.30! :D

Visit my blog:

Michael Sternbach wrote:And yet Pluto is still the biggest TNO and, more importantly, the brightest of them all. He also stands out due to his nature as a 'double planet' - the only other planet accompanied by a moon of significant size relative to its own being the Earth!
Pluto is only 2% larger than Eris in diameter, but Eris is 25% denser than Pluto. Which is more significant, size or weight? ;) Note that Eris is actually brighter than Pluto! Pluto appears brighter than Eris from Earth, but only because Pluto is closer. However, when viewed from equal distances Eris has a brighter absolute magnitude than Pluto. Yes, the moon Charon is large relative to Pluto, but Eris' moon Dysnomia is almost as large, and Orcus' moon Vanth has the same size ratio to Orcus as Charon does to Pluto. The image above shows Pluto and the "Seven Dwarfs" or the seven largest bodies beyond Pluto, showing their relative sizes and sizes of their moons.
Michael Sternbach wrote:I am not sure if this body, despite its minute size, might qualify as a candidate for Vulcan, but it would be worthy of further exploration - once its orbital parameters have been established.
I've found Jupiter's moon Io to be a good physical substitute for spiritual planet Vulcan. Io is highly volcanic, and is the most geologically active body in the solar system, which fits the energy of Vulcan and his forge. Since Io is physical, it can be objectively calculated and placed in charts, and without having to rely on somebody's fallible psychic perceptions. :P
Michael Sternbach wrote:That's great! Even though, personally, I would like to see many more of those elusive bodies implemented in a straightforward manner and with their own proper glyphs in Astrolog 7.30!
Current versions of Astrolog already implement many bodies, and display them with glyphs. 8) This includes support for the eight Uranian bodies, intra-Mercurial planet Vulcan, and the "Seven Dwarfs" or the seven largest bodies beyond Pluto, which in size order are: Eris, Haumea, Makemake, Gonggong, Quaoar, Sedna, and Orcus (see picture above again). Other hypothetical or physical bodies (e.g. minor asteroids) can be added by just typing a number into the Astrolog's Customization dialog, similar to how they're added on astro.com. Astrolog also allows you to specify your own glyphs to use for objects, or change them for existing objects if you want to use alternate glyphs not already supported.

Cruiser1 wrote:
Michael Sternbach wrote:And yet Pluto is still the biggest TNO and, more importantly, the brightest of them all. He also stands out due to his nature as a 'double planet' - the only other planet accompanied by a moon of significant size relative to its own being the Earth!
Pluto is only 2% larger than Eris in diameter, but Eris is 25% denser than Pluto. Which is more significant, size or weight? ;)
It would be more appropriate to talk about mass than about weight when it comes to objects floating in space, but I get your drift. Well, we all know size does matter, but more significantly...
Note that Eris is actually brighter than Pluto! Pluto appears brighter than Eris from Earth, but only because Pluto is closer. However, when viewed from equal distances Eris has a brighter absolute magnitude than Pluto.
...a body's brightness as seen from Earth will outweigh most other factors when it comes to determining the strength of its astrological influence. That's why Sirius is considered a stronger influence than Shaula, even though the latter is way brighter as far as absolute magnitude.
Yes, the moon Charon is large relative to Pluto, but Eris' moon Dysnomia is almost as large, and Orcus' moon Vanth has the same size ratio to Orcus as Charon does to Pluto. The image above shows Pluto and the "Seven Dwarfs" or the seven largest bodies beyond Pluto, showing their relative sizes and sizes of their moons.
Pretty good point regarding Eris, but the Orcus-Vanth system is dwarfed by comparison with Pluto-Charon, really. :D

What it boils down to, the astrological significance of a celestial body seems to hinge on a combination of factors - and this isn't exactly based on rocket science but more on an intuitive evaluation.
Michael Sternbach wrote:I am not sure if this body, despite its minute size, might qualify as a candidate for Vulcan, but it would be worthy of further exploration - once its orbital parameters have been established.
I've found Jupiter's moon Io to be a good physical substitute for spiritual planet Vulcan. Io is highly volcanic, and is the most geologically active body in the solar system, which fits the energy of Vulcan and his forge. Since Io is physical, it can be objectively calculated and placed in charts, and without having to rely on somebody's fallible psychic perceptions. :P
I am not sure how Io could serve as a 'substitute' for Vulcan - the latter would be considered special for being a 'moon' of the Sun! Nevertheless, I find your comment on Io's Vulcan-like nature quite astute. Not least because Io is Jupiter's closest moon, and Jupiter is arguably the most Sun-like planet in our solar system.
Michael Sternbach wrote:That's great! Even though, personally, I would like to see many more of those elusive bodies implemented in a straightforward manner and with their own proper glyphs in Astrolog 7.30!
Current versions of Astrolog already implement many bodies, and display them with glyphs. 8) This includes support for the eight Uranian bodies, intra-Mercurial planet Vulcan, and the "Seven Dwarfs" or the seven largest bodies beyond Pluto, which in size order are: Eris, Haumea, Makemake, Gonggong, Quaoar, Sedna, and Orcus (see picture above again). Other hypothetical or physical bodies (e.g. minor asteroids) can be added by just typing a number into the Astrolog's Customization dialog, similar to how they're added on astro.com. Astrolog also allows you to specify your own glyphs to use for objects, or change them for existing objects if you want to use alternate glyphs not already supported.
That's awesome, but I wonder how many Astrolog users will readily access Astrolog's full potential, as few of them can be expected to be programmers. ;) How about adding some of the more prominent hypothetical planets (such as Transpluto/Bacchus/Isis) and minor bodies (e.g., Pholus) in a plug-and-play kind of manner? :D

Many users would appreciate it for sure.

Visit my blog:

Michael Sternbach wrote:Well, we all know size does matter,
The question is, just how much does size matter in astrology? :???: Jupiter is over 24000 times the volume of Mercury, so does that mean Jupiter has 24000 times Mercury's influence in a chart? There are many astrologers who swear by Chiron, even though it's less than 1/3 the diameter of potential Dwarf planet Orcus above. Remember, a microscopic virus can be deadlier than an angry bear!
Michael Sternbach wrote:...a body's brightness as seen from Earth will outweigh most other factors when it comes to determining the strength of its astrological influence. That's why Sirius is considered a stronger influence than Shaula, even though the latter is way brighter as far as absolute magnitude.
Brightness is an interesting issue when further considered. Viewed from Earth, Vesta is brighter than Neptune, and all of the main four asteroids are much brighter than Pluto. Also, the brightness of a body changes over time depending on its distance and phase. When Mercury is "New" and in shadow, it's brightness drops so it becomes dimmer than Uranus.
Michael Sternbach wrote:What it boils down to, the astrological significance of a celestial body seems to hinge on a combination of factors - and this isn't exactly based on rocket science but more on an intuitive evaluation.
Indeed, well stated! :' And since everybody has access to their own intuition, that can explain why there's so much variation in astrology, just as everybody's spiritual Path is unique.
Michael Sternbach wrote:Nevertheless, I find your comment on Io's Vulcan-like nature quite astute. Not least because Io is Jupiter's closest moon, and Jupiter is arguably the most Sun-like planet in our solar system.
Good points in return! :D Yes, if you don't mind or can take into account the "Jupiter filter" being applied to Io, then Io is indeed very Vulcan like, and should have a strong "sympathetic connection" to the spiritual non-physical Vulcan.
Michael Sternbach wrote:How about adding some of the more prominent hypothetical planets (such as Transpluto/Bacchus/Isis) and minor bodies (e.g., Pholus) in a plug-and-play kind of manner?
Astrolog 7.20 already supports Pholus as an standard object, like Ceres and the other main asteroids, so you can just click once to show it. You should upgrade, as it looks like you're running an older version! ;)

Below is a picture of an Astrolog wheel chart with 52 objects around it, each of which has its own glyph. All these objects are fully supported, and appear in object dialogs and can be displayed with a click. (You can also add 27 planetary moon objects, 5 center of body planet objects, and 47 fixed stars, for a maximum of 131 objects total allowed around Astrolog's wheel chart at once, or in related charts like aspect grids.)

Cruiser1 wrote:
Michael Sternbach wrote:Well, we all know size does matter,
The question is, just how much does size matter in astrology? :???: Jupiter is over 24000 times the volume of Mercury, so does that mean Jupiter has 24000 times Mercury's influence in a chart? There are many astrologers who swear by Chiron, even though it's less than 1/3 the diameter of potential Dwarf planet Orcus above.
Personally, I rather like Chiron (which Sage wouldn't?), but I don't consider him being in the same league as the planets. The peculiar thing about Chiron is that he crosses both the orbits of Saturn and Uranus, thus, he acts as a messenger of sorts between the inner and the outer planets (read: the ego and the subconscious/superconscious mind).

Whereas (let's face it) Orcus is "just" another member of the Kuiper belt.

So (for me, anyway) what a body's significance really depends on is where it finds its place in my astrological universe.
Remember, a microscopic virus can be deadlier than an angry bear!
Oh my stars, don't get me started with viruses, please! ???? At any rate, an angry bear will kill you faster than any freaking bug! (And may leave less of your physical side to be scrutinized under a microscope, especially if he is hungry as well.)
Michael Sternbach wrote:What it boils down to, the astrological significance of a celestial body seems to hinge on a combination of factors - and this isn't exactly based on rocket science but more on an intuitive evaluation.
Indeed, well stated! :' And since everybody has access to their own intuition, that can explain why there's so much variation in astrology, just as everybody's spiritual Path is unique.
Indeed, and this ties in with what influences we most resonate with on an individual level. For instance, I made some of my most mind boggling experiences under transiting Pholus, but hey, that's another centaur. Someone wired differently may have barely noticed those transits.
Michael Sternbach wrote:Nevertheless, I find your comment on Io's Vulcan-like nature quite astute. Not least because Io is Jupiter's closest moon, and Jupiter is arguably the most Sun-like planet in our solar system.
Good points in return! :D Yes, if you don't mind or can take into account the "Jupiter filter" being applied to Io, then Io is indeed very Vulcan like, and should have a strong "sympathetic connection" to the spiritual non-physical Vulcan.
I still remember how overjoyed those NASA scientists were when the first live pictures of Io came in and showed it to have volcanic activity - something hitherto undreamed of in regards to bodies of the solar system other than Earth.

Whether some kind of Vulcan in the vicinity of the Sun physically exists is still an open question to me, though - I suspect he does!
Michael Sternbach wrote:How about adding some of the more prominent hypothetical planets (such as Transpluto/Bacchus/Isis) and minor bodies (e.g., Pholus) in a plug-and-play kind of manner?
Astrolog 7.20 already supports Pholus as an standard object, like Ceres and the other main asteroids, so you can just click once to show it. You should upgrade, as it looks like you're running an older version! ;)
You got me there. Fact is, the latest version of the program just won't install on my computer (running on Windows 10 64bit), for a reason that I haven't figured out yet. :-cry

Anyhow, I understand Transpluto/Bacchus/Isis isn't amongst the myriad of controversial objects that your miraculous software can display (just like so) with its proper glyph. Please consider fixing that issue in the next version! :D

Visit my blog:

Michael Sternbach wrote:Whereas (let's face it) Orcus is "just" another member of the Kuiper belt.
Well, Orcus is the 7th largest body in the Kuiper belt. Orcus is the same size as Ceres, a verified Dwarf planet, and therefore Orcus should also be spherical under its own gravity (unlike other asteroids and Centaurs). I don't look at Orcus in isolation, but rather as one of the "Seven Dwarfs" or the seven largest bodies beyond Pluto. Here's a page about the "Seven Dwarfs" and their significance: http://www.astrolog.org/astrolog/astdwarf.htm
Michael Sternbach wrote:Oh my stars, don't get me started with viruses, please! ???? At any rate, an angry bear will kill you faster than any freaking bug! (And may leave less of your physical side to be scrutinized under a microscope, especially if he is hungry as well.)
Of course, at the same time a bear can only eat one person, or maybe several at most before it gets full. One virus can multiply and kill millions, and put the entire world under quarantine! :( One angry bear in a random forest I don't consider significant on a planetary level. But as you say, it comes down to the astrologer and what things they're interested in tracking. Perhaps "bear" is more significant as a personal transiting influence, if you personally meet that bear in the forest! ;)
Michael Sternbach wrote:the latest version of the program just won't install on my computer (running on Windows 10 64bit), for a reason that I haven't figured out yet.
Hmm, why doesn't Astrolog install? What exactly happens when you try, and what error message do you get? Is it only Astrolog 7.20 that behaves this way, or does Astrolog 7.10 setup behave this way too? If the setup program itself isn't working, you can always just install Astrolog manually. Download the 64 bit Windows version of Astrolog from http://www.astrolog.org/ftp/ast72win64.zip and then drag the files out of the .ZIP file into your desired install location, and just double click ASTROLOG.EXE to run. Does that work? Creating Windows program groups and such can be done from the program itself with the commands on the "Help / Setup" menu.
Michael Sternbach wrote:I understand Transpluto/Bacchus/Isis isn't amongst the myriad of controversial objects that your miraculous software can display (just like so) with its proper glyph.
Indeed, for hypotheticals, Astrolog's default set of objects includes Vulcan and the eight Uranians, but not Isis-Transpluto. Fortunately, that's easily changed! 8) Inside Astrolog, just do "Help / More Documentation / Open Defaults", and copy/paste the line below to the bottom of the file. Restart Astrolog, and Isis-Transpluto will be present with its appropriate glyph:

_R Vul -Ye Vul 9 -YD Vul Isis-Transpluto -YXD Vul BU4NG2NF2D4L2GD2FR4EU2HL2GFEH BU8NG4NF4D8L3G2D4F2R6E2U4H2L3BLG2DF2R2E2UH2

Cruiser1 wrote:
Michael Sternbach wrote:Whereas (let's face it) Orcus is "just" another member of the Kuiper belt.
Well, Orcus is the 7th largest body in the Kuiper belt. Orcus is the same size as Ceres, a verified Dwarf planet, and therefore Orcus should also be spherical under its own gravity (unlike other asteroids and Centaurs). I don't look at Orcus in isolation, but rather as one of the "Seven Dwarfs" or the seven largest bodies beyond Pluto. Here's a page about the "Seven Dwarfs" and their significance: http://www.astrolog.org/astrolog/astdwarf.htm
It seems remarkable that there would be seven of them - seven being such a prominent number in astrology as well as in esoteric science in general.

Where is Snow-white, though? Pluto doesn't quite seem to qualify as such... ????
Michael Sternbach wrote:Oh my stars, don't get me started with viruses, please! ???? At any rate, an angry bear will kill you faster than any freaking bug! (And may leave less of your physical side to be scrutinized under a microscope, especially if he is hungry as well.)
Of course, at the same time a bear can only eat one person, or maybe several at most before it gets full. One virus can multiply and kill millions, and put the entire world under quarantine! :( One angry bear in a random forest I don't consider significant on a planetary level. But as you say, it comes down to the astrologer and what things they're interested in tracking. Perhaps "bear" is more significant as a personal transiting influence, if you personally meet that bear in the forest! ;)
Alright, let's talk Red Hat then.

Your comparison lags, IMO. A single virus is pretty ineffective as such and would most likely be taken care of by someone's immune system in no time. It generally takes huge numbers of them to infect a person. An astrological analogy might be all the pebbles that are floating in the Kuiper belt together - not a single small body.

Granted, what viruses lack in size they make up for in number. Still, bears are a different animal altogether. Trust me, if the latter would proliferate the way viruses do, we would have a worse problem than covid! ????
Michael Sternbach wrote:the latest version of the program just won't install on my computer (running on Windows 10 64bit), for a reason that I haven't figured out yet.
Hmm, why doesn't Astrolog install? What exactly happens when you try, and what error message do you get? Is it only Astrolog 7.20 that behaves this way, or does Astrolog 7.10 setup behave this way too? If the setup program itself isn't working, you can always just install Astrolog manually. Download the 64 bit Windows version of Astrolog from http://www.astrolog.org/ftp/ast72win64.zip and then drag the files out of the .ZIP file into your desired install location, and just double click ASTROLOG.EXE to run. Does that work? Creating Windows program groups and such can be done from the program itself with the commands on the "Help / Setup" menu.
Astrolog 7.10 continues to work just fine on my computer. I haven't bothered trying to reinstall it yet.

Attempting to install version 7.20 doesn't lead to an error message, it's just like nothing happens (safe for an 'hourglass' popping up ever so briefly). Same when I try to execute the program without installation, the way you suggested.
Michael Sternbach wrote:I understand Transpluto/Bacchus/Isis isn't amongst the myriad of controversial objects that your miraculous software can display (just like so) with its proper glyph.
Indeed, for hypotheticals, Astrolog's default set of objects includes Vulcan and the eight Uranians, but not Isis-Transpluto. Fortunately, that's easily changed! 8) Inside Astrolog, just do "Help / More Documentation / Open Defaults", and copy/paste the line below to the bottom of the file. Restart Astrolog, and Isis-Transpluto will be present with its appropriate glyph:

_R Vul -Ye Vul 9 -YD Vul Isis-Transpluto -YXD Vul BU4NG2NF2D4L2GD2FR4EU2HL2GFEH BU8NG4NF4D8L3G2D4F2R6E2U4H2L3BLG2DF2R2E2UH2
[/quote]

Sounds awesome! I will try this with my existing version of Astrolog and get back to you with feedback later.

Visit my blog:

Michael Sternbach wrote:It seems remarkable that there would be seven of them - seven being such a prominent number in astrology as well as in esoteric science in general. Where is Snow-white, though? Pluto doesn't quite seem to qualify as such...
Indeed, Esoteric Astrology uses the Seven Rays, and has Rays for the main planets in the solar system. Rays can also be assigned to the Dwarf planets based on their meanings. If this is done for the "Seven Dwarfs" or the seven largest bodies beyond Pluto, it turns out there's one Dwarf per Ray. It also turns out the Dwarf planets' Ray sequence of 3214765 is the exact same order that passage rings are followed when navigating the classical seven circuit Labyrinth to its center. This can be called "The Cosmic Labyrinth", and is an interesting "message in the heavens"! It's somewhat arcane, since it requires knowing about Rays, Dwarf planets, and Labyrinths (and integrating the three together) but it's still an a-Maze-ing "coincidence". :brows

"Snow White" could indeed by Pluto, since Pluto crosses Neptune's orbit and is therefore a gateway from the psychological planets Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto to the more abstract and archetypal energies of the Kuiper belt, which marks the boundary between our solar system and interstellar space. Or perhaps each one of us is Snow White, and are being assisted by the Seven Dwarfs in our evolutionary journey!
Michael Sternbach wrote:Astrolog 7.10 continues to work just fine on my computer. I haven't bothered trying to reinstall it yet. Attempting to install version 7.20 doesn't lead to an error message, it's just like nothing happens (safe for an 'hourglass' popping up ever so briefly). Same when I try to execute the program without installation, the way you suggested.
Hmm, that's behavior I've never seen or received report of before. :-? When "attempting to install version 7.20", is it the setup program itself that does nothing, or does setup work and it's the Astrolog.exe installed that does nothing? If http://www.astrolog.org/ftp/ast72win.exe setup does nothing, and the Astrolog.exe from inside http://www.astrolog.org/ftp/ast72win64.zip also does nothing, those are two very different executables. Perhaps it's your security settings or something that's preventing them from running? Any any rate, please do try installing version 7.10 again at your earliest convenience (to a different directory of course, so it doesn't mess up your working installation). Please try the http://www.astrolog.org/ftp/ast71win.exe setup program, as well as downloading 32 bit http://www.astrolog.org/ftp/ast71win.zip and 64 bit http://www.astrolog.org/ftp/ast71win64.zip and running Astrolog.exe inside of them. Do any of those three versions of version 7.10 work?
Michael Sternbach wrote:Sounds awesome! I will try this with my existing version of Astrolog and get back to you with feedback later.
Here's an improved command line to try out in Astrolog 7.20 or later. :' This works as well as before, but will also display Transpluto's glyph in the Enigma font, if you have that font installed, and select to use that font for objects in "Graphics / Graphics Settings / Objects".

_R Vul -Ye Vul 9 -YD Vul Isis-Transpluto -YXD Vul BU4NG2NF2D4L2GD2FR4EU2HL2GFEH BU8NG4NF4D8L3G2D4F2R6E2U4H2L3BLG2DF2R2E2UH2 -~FO "If And Equ @w 3 Equ @u O_Vul =v 226"

Hi Walter

Please pardon my somewhat belated reply, I was untypically busy over the last few days.
Cruiser1 wrote:
Michael Sternbach wrote:It seems remarkable that there would be seven of them - seven being such a prominent number in astrology as well as in esoteric science in general. Where is Snow-white, though? Pluto doesn't quite seem to qualify as such...
Indeed, Esoteric Astrology uses the Seven Rays, and has Rays for the main planets in the solar system. Rays can also be assigned to the Dwarf planets based on their meanings. If this is done for the "Seven Dwarfs" or the seven largest bodies beyond Pluto, it turns out there's one Dwarf per Ray. It also turns out the Dwarf planets' Ray sequence of 3214765 is the exact same order that passage rings are followed when navigating the classical seven circuit Labyrinth to its center. This can be called "The Cosmic Labyrinth", and is an interesting "message in the heavens"! It's somewhat arcane, since it requires knowing about Rays, Dwarf planets, and Labyrinths (and integrating the three together) but it's still an a-Maze-ing "coincidence". :brows
Which you would seem to be predestined to recognize, given your prior involvement with labyrinths! :D

http://eclectic.jomay.com/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=1233
"Snow White" could indeed by Pluto,
Well, I would imagine a plutonic or scorpionic version of Snow White to look something like this:

:lol:
since Pluto crosses Neptune's orbit and is therefore a gateway from the psychological planets Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto to the more abstract and archetypal energies of the Kuiper belt, which marks the boundary between our solar system and interstellar space.
Hold on a second before you drift off too far... Before we truly enter interstellar space, we may still have to pass Transpluto, as suggested by this topic's header and (if you prefer hardcore science) even by two leading TNO hunters:

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/hy ... /in-depth/

Batygin and Brown modeled their planet as orbiting the Sun at an average distance of 600 AU, thus, far beyond the Kuiper belt, which mysteriously breaks off at a distance of about 50 AU.

Leaving (currently) hypothetical planets aside, the solar system's boundary may be identified as the heliopause where the solar wind collides with the interstellar wind at a distance of about 120 AU.

https://www.newswise.com/articles/bound ... first-time

But the empire of the Sun has gradually been extended so much over the last decades that, personally, I would be really careful about setting its final frontier anywhere just yet.

How would we best define the line that marks the beginning of interstellar space anyway? I think that's an interesting question.
Or perhaps each one of us is Snow White, and are being assisted by the Seven Dwarfs in our evolutionary journey!
Michael Sternbach wrote:Astrolog 7.10 continues to work just fine on my computer. I haven't bothered trying to reinstall it yet. Attempting to install version 7.20 doesn't lead to an error message, it's just like nothing happens (safe for an 'hourglass' popping up ever so briefly). Same when I try to execute the program without installation, the way you suggested.
Hmm, that's behavior I've never seen or received report of before. :-? When "attempting to install version 7.20", is it the setup program itself that does nothing, or does setup work and it's the Astrolog.exe installed that does nothing? If http://www.astrolog.org/ftp/ast72win.exe setup does nothing, and the Astrolog.exe from inside http://www.astrolog.org/ftp/ast72win64.zip also does nothing, those are two very different executables.
Alright, coming back down to Earth now... Neither of these work on my good old notebook, I am afraid.
Perhaps it's your security settings or something that's preventing them from running?
Nothing that I would be aware of, but yes, the problem could well be on my side.
Any any rate, please do try installing version 7.10 again at your earliest convenience (to a different directory of course, so it doesn't mess up your working installation). Please try the http://www.astrolog.org/ftp/ast71win.exe setup program, as well as downloading 32 bit http://www.astrolog.org/ftp/ast71win.zip and 64 bit http://www.astrolog.org/ftp/ast71win64.zip and running Astrolog.exe inside of them. Do any of those three versions of version 7.10 work?
Curiously, I just can't get the 64 bit version to work!
Michael Sternbach wrote:Sounds awesome! I will try this with my existing version of Astrolog and get back to you with feedback later.
Here's an improved command line to try out in Astrolog 7.20 or later. :' This works as well as before, but will also display Transpluto's glyph in the Enigma font, if you have that font installed, and select to use that font for objects in "Graphics / Graphics Settings / Objects".

_R Vul -Ye Vul 9 -YD Vul Isis-Transpluto -YXD Vul BU4NG2NF2D4L2GD2FR4EU2HL2GFEH BU8NG4NF4D8L3G2D4F2R6E2U4H2L3BLG2DF2R2E2UH2 -~FO "If And Equ @w 3 Equ @u O_Vul =v 226"
Thanks! Transpluto is indeed being displayed with its proper glyph in my functioning version of the program now. :D

As for the improved command line, I hope I will be able to check that out later as well... :-?

Visit my blog:

Transpluto, Isis, or Bacchus (as I myself like to call this hypothetical body) frequently plays a role in the charts of earthquakes, as mentioned earlier in this thread. Which, mythologically speaking, makes perfect sense, since the god Bacchus/Dionysos had a reputation for causing them.

The assumption seems to be supported by data from the devastating quakes that hit Turkey and Syria a few days ago. This chart is for the second quake that followed some nine hours after the initial one. (It also includes minor aspects like semisquare and sesquisquare, as they typically stand for dynamic tensions.)

At first sight, the chart does not seem to show what we might think of as typical indicators for earth quakes. However, it should be noted that the Moon is on an angle and forming many aspects. She stands on her own in one hemisphere of the chart, quite apart from the other planets. She can therefore be considered the chart's "tension ruler" (Spannungsherrscher) in the terminology of Meier-Parm. This also comprises the aspect pattern that Marc Edmund Jones calls "the bucket".

Now I find it quite remarkable that, moreover, she stands in a conjunction to Bacchus (referred to as Isis in this chart), although the orb is admittedly somewhat wide.

Bacchus himself (arguably) squares Mars; again the aspect is far from exact, but possibly nevertheless significant, especially in light of John Hawkins' claim (in Transpluto or Should We Call Him Bacchus the Ruler of Taurus) that earth quakes are often triggered by Bacchus acting together with Mars.

Food for thought, at any rate...

Regards
Michael

Visit my blog: