Phaethon

For completeness' sake, Eric Morse wrote one other book. It was published under his own name rather than his nom de plume Raymond Henry. His book was called The Living Stars, and was published by Amethyst Books in 1988. It is still available on the usual sites such as Amazon as a second-hand volume. As far as I know it is not currently in print.

The book includes some references to Phaethon, astrologically and mythologically, and is a review of fixed star lore. It has quite a spiritual perspective.
"...the motions that are akin to the divine in us are the thoughts and revolutions of the universe."

Plato, Timaeus, 90.

Re: Phaethon

astralwanderer wrote:For completeness' sake, Eric Morse wrote one other book. It was published under his own name rather than his nom de plume Raymond Henry. His book was called The Living Stars, and was published by Amethyst Books in 1988. It is still available on the usual sites such as Amazon as a second-hand volume. As far as I know it is not currently in print.

The book includes some references to Phaethon, astrologically and mythologically, and is a review of fixed star lore. It has quite a spiritual perspective.
I looked it up on Amazon, they have 9 used from ?24.97 and 4 new from ?65.90. Paperback.

Abe Books has one copy for ?12.01 plus ?15.19 postage, so ?27.20.

Edit: If you live in Australia you are massively lucky, there is a copy on Ebay for AU $ 8.18 (?4.70 approximately) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Living-St ... 0866291577
Probably the postage to get it to the UK would make it expensive.

There is a free PDF download, if you google "Eric Morse living stars", the link is on the second google page. It is asking you to register, and blocking automatic download of the PDF if you aren't registered, so I am not sure whether or not to trust it and at this moment I don't want to risk anything happening to my computer as I can't afford a replacement. It might be ok, but I am not clever enough with computers to know if it is or isn't.

Konrad wrote:If anyone wants that Living Stars book and is in the UK, I can send them it for nothing as I think I have it and it really isn't my thing. I can be contacted via pm.
You should sell it through Amazon. It is worth a fortune.

Fleur wrote:
Konrad wrote:If anyone wants that Living Stars book and is in the UK, I can send them it for nothing as I think I have it and it really isn't my thing. I can be contacted via pm.
You should sell it through Amazon. It is worth a fortune.
I'm not bothered about money past what I need to eat and study, so the offer still stands. All books deserve a good home.
http://www.esmaraldaastrology.wordpress.com

I was thinking about IsisTranspluto transits to the chart angles. There are two charts where it seems to have different effects.

One is the chart of Adolf Hitler, where IsisTranspluto at the end of Cancer is squaring his natal Ascendant when he rose to power, and then in early Leo conjunct his Midheaven when he fell from power in 1945. His time of birth is given as 6.30pm, which seems a bit rounded-up to the nearest half hour and I wonder if he was born with the Midheaven at 5 degrees Leo rather than 4 degrees Leo, and Ascendant 27 degrees Cancer rather than 26 degrees Cancer?

Another is the chart of Natascha Kampusch, transits given for the date of her abduction, March 2nd 1998. Transiting IsisTranspluto is within one degree of her Descendant.

Another interesting chart to look at the effect of IsisTranspluto. Jesse Livermore http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Lauriston_Livermore was a famous successful stock market trader. The transits, for 28th November 1940, are for his death by suicide. He had depression all his life. Noon chart, as I do not know his time of birth (but his biography says that his daughter in law was an astrologer, and there was a horoscope drawn up for him by her. If anybody knows about this horoscope, presumably with a birth time, can you please tell me and I will re-do this chart).

What really interests me about IsisTranspluto is its conjunction with Pluto at the beginning of Leo for several years from the late 1930's. I am sure this had a lot to do with the rise of Nazism and concentration camps, and left a long shadow after the war. This conjunction fell on Adolf Hitler's Midheaven, and squared his Sun.

so is transpluto one of wittes hypothetical planets, or something else??

how does eris and other planet type bodies that have been recently discovered factor into all this?

i know the westcott lady had made a huge study including a zillion asteroids and claimed they all had significance in reading charts...

i am curious to those using transpluto, why you would use transpluto, but not some of these other tangible bodies that have been discovered?

or is it that transpluto connects with something that has been discovered and it has another name for it?

fleur - thanks for your reply on the other thread.. i thought i would reply here in a way that stayed focused on my desire to gain more understanding of others inclusion of this hypothethical body....

for the record, i do not use the uranian hypothetical planets, although i have explored the use of them..

my sun is 1 degree conjunct eris, and i have a stronger interest in this body fwiw..

james_m wrote:so is transpluto one of wittes hypothetical planets, or something else??

how does eris and other planet type bodies that have been recently discovered factor into all this?

i know the westcott lady had made a huge study including a zillion asteroids and claimed they all had significance in reading charts...

i am curious to those using transpluto, why you would use transpluto, but not some of these other tangible bodies that have been discovered?

or is it that transpluto connects with something that has been discovered and it has another name for it?

fleur - thanks for your reply on the other thread.. i thought i would reply here in a way that stayed focused on my desire to gain more understanding of others inclusion of this hypothethical body....

for the record, i do not use the uranian hypothetical planets, although i have explored the use of them..

my sun is 1 degree conjunct eris, and i have a stronger interest in this body fwiw..
I see Sedna and Eris as satellites of IsisTranspluto, and I haven't found they do anything, but your experience might show otherwise. I see them in the same way as the Moons of Mars, Phobos and Demos, whose meaning is for me part of Mars anyway and I can't think of anyone trying to study them separately from Mars? Are there ephemerides for Phobos and Demos? Has anyone ever made a study of them? Would you study the Moons of Jupiter separately from Jupiter itself? Are there even ephemerides for them?

Similarly I see the asteroids as effectively satellites of Phaethon, so don't see them as having any meaningful separate information. There are thousands of them. Phaethon was the binary twin of our Sun, which broke up to form the asteroids. So, no I don't tend to like them or use them and find them annoying and cluttering in charts. People might turn up curiosities of synchronicity concerning them, but those are all around us anyway, I don't think they go anywhere. If somebody made a deep study of them I might be convinced in the same way I was by the Fixed Stars, but it hasn't happened yet, people seem to superimpose meanings on them that they haven't shown by enough observation and examples of charts and events. When I am looking at a chart it is so distracting to have the symbol of one of those things that looks a bit like a diamond headed Venus symbol, and I am scrambling around looking for Venus so I can quickly pick out its important aspects and where it is for transits and arcs.....I do use Phaethon, but not the asteroids....yes I know that is judgemental and I am happy to stick Ceres in a chart for a specific purpose if asked, to see what it does if anything (as I did in the chart of an abduction case at somebody's suggestion, and it didn't seem to show anything at all). I would be perfectly happy to give the asteroids a quick look if they were just listed separately underneath the planets in the box showing the aspects underneath a chart, but please not in the chart itself.

Astrology has lots of elements that definitely shouldn't be rejected, but I don't use them most of the time, such as the Black Moon Lilith. This happens to be automatic on an ephemeris I use, and on one occasion something definitely crossed a part of my chart and I had to look it up and couldn't find anything, except the Black Moon Lilith was transiting in exact conjunction to it.

I have never studied the Moons of Mars, Jupiter or any other planet and haven't heard of anyone doing so, but would be happy to have a look if there are ephemerides for them. If Phobos and Demos operate separately from Mars, that could be illuminating.....and I would have to re-think lots of things.