Will I be successful at horse race betting?

About a year or two ago my astrology teacher looked at my chart told me that I'd probably be successful at stocks and speculations. So this morning I was thinking about whether that would apply to gambling/bets as well, so I cast the chart.

At first glance, we see Ascendant is at 29 degrees, degrees of questionable radicality?but this is offset by my natal Saturn and co-significator Moon both being at 29 degrees. As of this time, I am also 29 years old. So we proceed further(well at least I do, if nothing else than for the practice).

1st Significator is Jupiter, 5th Significator is Mars. We see that this is a diurnal chart, so all In-Sect planets are positioned well above the horizon, although Sun, Saturn, and Venus (Non-sect) are cadent in 12th. But Venus as lord of 6th in the 12th negates in-auspiciousness and is also dignified by Triplicity and Term in addition to being co-significator of the 12th. We note the combustion, but Sun is in the terms of Venus so his ability to harm is shackled. Looking at Saturn, we notice he has joy in the 12th house, receives strength from mutual reception with Mars, and as Co-sect of the Sun is shielded from the Sun's beams. Lastly, the Sun in both the sign, decan, and monomoiria degree of Mars has mutual reception with Mars who is in the terms of the Sun. The 12th house itself represents horses, so things look good for races-- until we notice that all 3 planets within are Via Combusta, so not everything is ideal, and there may be disruptive influences.

Jupiter lord of 1st Sagittarius (horses) is placed in the 9th house and in a sign of his Sect, Triplicity, Decan, and Monomoiria degree and is therefore quite fortunate. Leo/Lions being the king of the animal kingdom, we might say that Jupiter is given royal favor in competitions dealing with animals. Jupiter also favorably aspects Fortuna and N. Node through Trine and Sextile respectively. Mars, Lord of the 5th (betting) and 12th (horses) is Exalted in the 2nd house of wealth, and strengthened by a Sextile to Sun and mutual reception with Saturn and Sun in the 12th. Fortuna dwells in his 5th conjunct Uranus the planet of sudden windfalls. However, Fortuna is also conjunct with S. Node, yet Trined by Jupiter, so she is more auspicious than otherwise.

Although Jupiter and Mars do not aspect each other directly, they are joined by the Moon's collection of light by Sextile to Mars and Opposite to Jupiter.

7th Significator is Mercury in the 11th. He is fortunate, conjunct Spica and North node, while Trine to the Moon. Things are looking good for our competition, but we realize that he's walking on the Fiery Road, opposite to Uranus and Fortuna, in the 11th house of Jupiter's joy, enemy ?territory? so to speak, meaning Jupiter can dictate the way the game is played.

All in all, I think the success if there, if only barely. But that could just be my hopeful thinking interfering.
Last edited by Ninneveh on Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:37 am, edited 6 times in total.

You can be successful in absolutely any type of betting if you know how everything works. But if you do not understand anything in races, do not even risk. I usually bet on football – I played it myself and know many nuances. I can also recommend you a great application - royal panda app apk. It is available for free download for everyone. Get it and enjoy!
Last edited by jekolosfrom on Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

What did the astrologer see in your natal that suggested the idea to them?

I can't read the chart but if Mars is involved as the 5th lord it is conjunct the NN and Uranus and is in detriment. This could suggest some extreme ups and downs with wins. Is the question just one of a specific race or in general? Jupiter is retrograde so it is afflicted and could suggest a reluctance to do what is asked about (understandably given there is risk involved).

Given the descriptions, the chart is not unlike the natal chart of some famous betters, such as poker player Doyle Brunson. He has a fire Aries Moon conjunct Uranus in the 5th, opp Mars in a sign of Venus. The Mars-Uranus can pay off but you have to have a lot of instinct and guts. Most of the betters I see who make big cash outs have a hard Moon-Mars-Uranus link that shows them as bold, always on alert and instinctive and making split decisions that can lead to big payoffs. Uranus can suggest some brilliance or a gift, IMO. Often they have Uranus and/or Mars on an angle too. The friction isn't necessarily bad in something so unpredictable in nature.

My first thought when Mars met NN/ Uranus and Algol in conjunction was I bet there will be some big speculation winners and then there was a big lottery win for over a billion US dollars that happened. I can't help but wonder what the natal chart of the winner looks like and if they had this conjunction at a significant point in their chart.