Morpheus wrote:
Some of the Mystics and their data given in "Notable Horoscopes"
Thanks. I am particularly grateful for the chart data for Guru Nanak which I hadn't seen before.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

I cant help noticing how prominent a water triplicity emphasis is in the charts of numerous mystics (Christian/Hindu) with the tropical zodiac. It seems to be one of those astrological assumptions that is well reflected in practice.

In terms of signs Pisces and Scorpio especially. To a lesser extent Cancer and also Sagittarius.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

mark,

thanks for sharing that observation. it is a little reminder of some of the wisdom found in acknowledging the importance of the elements and it's relationship with temperament, that mysterious aspect of human nature that astrologers have tried to define for a long time. i think my exposure to some of the first astrological writings i read - 70's material - would often make a big deal out of the elements. i believe it was stephen arroyo and his book astrology and the elements, or something like that - which really impressed me.. still does, although astrologers don't talk about it too much..

Doing subsequent research on this topic for another talk I am giving I came across this useful article below. It seems the birthdate of Guru Nanak is now seriously in question. Not just the date but the month! Although Raman acted in good faith with sources he regarded as reliable the nativity of Raman should probably be given a Rodden dating of X now.

Disappointing as its exceedingly rare to have chart data for the founder of a major world religion.

http://www.journalofastrology.com/artic ... cle_id=273

Mark