Trimsamsa (D-30) 1? variant ?

Hello,

There is a different kind of trimsamsa in the software Jaganatha Hora not the trimsamsa of 5? but of 1? and attributed to a sign. Aries start with Aries, Taurus, Gemini, etc. It exist in the software but I can't find any informations about it. Does it means the same as regular trimsamsa ?
Best regards
Fran?ois F.

Bonjour Francois

There isnt a lot of material on that one. I read where it came from some years ago but I cant remember the book, possibly Sripati Padhati.

The regular (as per the current english Parasara text) unequal trimsamsa deals with health via the 5 elements used in Ayurveda. The one deg trimsamsa has several ways to be calculated, but is also used for health. As I recall, the word trimsamsa refers more to 30 degrees than to the unequal divisisions, so there is a hint that this would be relevant as a chart.
As such it is a Tajika mode of calculating, tho I suppose there is also a reverse mode for even signs. I ve been researching this chart for health issues too.

Pier wrote:As such it is a Tajika mode of calculating, tho I suppose there is also a reverse mode for even signs. I ve been researching this chart for health issues too.
Strictly speaking, there isn't such a mode of calculating tri?????as in any T?jika text that I am aware of. Balabhadra in his H?yanaratna quotes V?mana (the T?jikas?roddh?ra?) as saying:
Domicile, hor?, decan, fourth-part, fifth-part, sixth-part, seventh-[part], eighth-[part], ninth-[part], tenth-part, eleventh-part and twelfth-part [are the twelve dignities].
This scheme is not accepted by all T?jika authors; some stick to the standard five, which are the same as the Arabic ones (domicile, exaltation, triplicity, terms and decan), except that most of them misunderstand triplicities and substitute the ninth-part (or, sometimes, the twelfth-part).
https://astrology.martingansten.com/

Thanks Martin

For your wonderful scholarship.
I heard, read it mentionned that the cyclical computation of vargas is Tajika but I may be wrong and my memory once again is lacking the source. And you are right that this 30 deg varga is not well known as a typical Tajika at all.
Yet this trimsansa exists and PVR RAO has 2 computations for it on his Jhora. Like Francois I have been trying to locate the source because Ive been researching it and checking it for health problems with promising results, tho no conclusion yet.