petr

it is an interesting example you give, maybe by coincidence... the distances between the planets are all approx 41 degrees... moon to sun - 41, sun to venus 41.. thus the distance of pof to ascendant is 41 and the pos to ascendant is also 41 degrees.. and because of the formula for lot of eros - the lot is the same as the position of the sun! the chart would look interesting as an 9th harmonic chart given all the 41 degree aspects!

given all these 41 degree aspects, the sun is at the exact midpoint of moon-venus, thus the immediate tie in with lot of eros and the position of the sun!... i often wonder why more folks don't use midpoints and the data that can be gotten off of them..at any rate - maybe i will try your software sometime.. thanks for sharing as always!

james_m wrote:petr

it is an interesting example you give, maybe by coincidence... the distances between the planets are all approx 41 degrees... moon to sun - 41, sun to venus 41.. thus the distance of pof to ascendant is 41 and the pos to ascendant is also 41 degrees.. and because of the formula for lot of eros - the lot is the same as the position of the sun! the chart would look interesting as an 9th harmonic chart given all the 41 degree aspects!

given all these 41 degree aspects, the sun is at the exact midpoint of moon-venus, thus the immediate tie in with lot of eros and the position of the sun!... i often wonder why more folks don't use midpoints and the data that can be gotten off of them..at any rate - maybe i will try your software sometime.. thanks for sharing as always!

Hello james, that example is actually my chart :)

I was recently thinking about a subtle idea, that I could try to implement also Harmonics chart on astro-seek.com ... and now I see, that I should pay more attention to it.

I just tried my 9th harmonic chart on astro.com ... and it really puts most of my planets in conjunction/stellium :)

hi petr...

well, you have a very pronounced 9th harmonic chart then! i am reading about how to interpret navamsha charts at present.. this is the term indian astrologers use to describe the 9th harmonic chart.. as you can imagine, there are a number of ideas involved, many that make sense on a superficial level that i don't know the basis for.. hopefully it is observation! for example - when a planet is in the same sign in both the natal and navamsha chart, it is said to be more emphasized.. this makes sense in a logical kind of way... as i am new to the idea of reading a navamsha chart - i can't really comment... in your chart both venus positions are in the same sign.. it might be different if you were using a sidereal, as opposed to tropical zodiac though.. however, regardless of what zodiac you use - your 9th harmonic chart seems very pronounced..

if i find out anything of relevance to you, i will share it... cheers james

james_m wrote:hi petr...

well, you have a very pronounced 9th harmonic chart then! i am reading about how to interpret navamsha charts at present.. this is the term indian astrologers use to describe the 9th harmonic chart.. as you can imagine, there are a number of ideas involved, many that make sense on a superficial level that i don't know the basis for.. hopefully it is observation! for example - when a planet is in the same sign in both the natal and navamsha chart, it is said to be more emphasized.. this makes sense in a logical kind of way... as i am new to the idea of reading a navamsha chart - i can't really comment... in your chart both venus positions are in the same sign.. it might be different if you were using a sidereal, as opposed to tropical zodiac though.. however, regardless of what zodiac you use - your 9th harmonic chart seems very pronounced..

if i find out anything of relevance to you, i will share it... cheers james
Hi james, thanks for info and an interesting hint.
I checked my 9th harmonics in sidereal and it still keeps the same exact shape and emphasis on this stellium, but chart is rotated by XX° degrees along the ecliptic. (however this XX° is not identical to Ayanamsa; and small differences 00°xx' between various Ayanamsas produce on contrary pretty high differences in this XX° shift.)

=> so I just guess, that sidereal option is used for shifting the chart only; however harmonics calculation itself is not dependant on sidereal placements
(I will keep that in mind in my future harmonics calculation attempts :))

Btw I just recently added some new SIDEREAL tools - sidereal ingresses/return calculators/search engines for various Ayanamsas. So they might be handy for sidereal research:

1) Sidereal Returns on Particular X° degree
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/sider ... calculator
===

2) Sidereal Natal Transits Search Engine

Quick summary of all sidereal tools and calculators:

Hello Petr, James
I saw you recently exchanged about harmonics, it was interesting (thank you Petr for including these possibilites in Astro-seek).
Perhaps you've already read John Addey's book Harmonics in Astrology (1976). If you haven't, I can highly recommend it. It really helps to understand how harmonics work, and indeed how astrology overall could work.
Addey favours the tropical zodiac with the VP as the starting point, but says that the true (precessing) VP (not sidereal 0° Aries) also gives interesting harmonics when "mapped back" onto the sidereal zodiac. (But James is right to point out that harmonics per se are not dependent on tropical/sidereal, they're really just a way of highlighting unusual aspects,e.g. 40° for the 9th harmonic).
Addey also recognises the probability of a coherent harmonic wave structure in sidereal,independent of the VP, and suggests the galactic nodes on the ecliptic as the best theoretical starting points.
In any case his view of harmonics is quite different from the little boxes of Indian divisional charts, being based on wave theory, with peaks and troughs.
Graham