Sedna conjoining Algol June 2017

Sedna is a trans Neptunian planet discovered in 2003 which is of particular interest to me, in mundane astrology, not so much in natal astrology.

What especially interests me is its lengthy orbital period estimated to be around 11600 years. This makes it of significance in world affairs, in looking at longer time periods than the outer planets can do.

All the other trans Neptunian planets discovered in recent years such as Eris, Orcus, Haumea etc. have similar orbital periods to Pluto i.e. around 250 years (give or take).

There are likely to be many more discoveries made in the Kuiper Belt and Oort cloud (Planet X etc.) I like to think that other planets will be discovered with orbital periods similar to Sedna and even greater. I?m very keen on the idea of a planet being discovered that has an orbital period which is as long or longer than the precessional cycle of 25,000 years plus.

All this to me is symbolic of the potential expansion of human consciousness (well some of humanity anyway!). We may be better able as astrologers to trace the cycles of progress and downfall of humanity.

As of 26th June 2017 Sedna exactly conjoined Algol at 26 Taurus 24. Sedna was discovered in 2003 at 18 Taurus beginning to move into the influence of Algol.
Sedna and the Algol influence has coloured a whole time period since the early years of this century. (Note also that the Jupiter/Saturn conjunction of May 2000 was at 22Taurus43).

Sedna with its lengthy orbital period was almost at a standstill in the early years AD at its aphelion symbolising the very depths of the Dark Ages and now it moves to its perihelion thus moving much faster. Hopefully this symbolises the progress of humanity despite the dark forces which would try to drag us back to the Dark Ages.

As a final note, when Sedna was discovered, Uranus was at 28 Aquarius on an axis with Isistranspluto at 27 Leo. I have found this axis to have huge occult significance. I have seen it time and time again in the charts of astrologers, psychics, occult researchers etc. etc.

Maybe I will set my charts to show Sedna.

Recently I was surprised as I knew with certainty that something had transited over a specific part of my chart and the elements I use constantly hadn't done. I looked up the Astrodienst ephemeris I always use, and they offer the Black Moon Lilith as standard, and she was transiting exactly conjunct this planet in my chart.

I tend to regard Sedna and Eris and other objects in that area as Moons of IsisTranspluto. These objects are visible and IsisTranspluto isn't, but I think she is just as important and lies in a different planet making her invisible to Time maybe.

That degree area around 28 degrees Leo Aquarius, for want of a deeper description I think of the word "gothic". It is very important for mundane events, and I think the antiscia in 2 degrees Taurus Scorpio too. Pluto transiting 2 degrees Scorpio around 1984 produced some of the best, in my opinion, musicians ever, before or since, and they seemed to almost disappear when that transit passed. I think transiting Pluto in 2 degrees Scorpio touched something deep and rare, before being exploited and destroyed by empty commercial interests. Probably my favourite musician, Ian McCulloch, lyricist and singer of Echo and the Bunnymen, has Jupiter about 28 degrees Scorpio and Chiron 28 degrees Aquarius, so transiting Pluto in 2 degrees Scorpio was activating their antiscia and bringing out sheer magic. I think there is more in his chart that ties in, but more complicated to explain, such as his Neptune and his Mars. Some of his lyrics are "born under Mars with Jupiter rising, fallen from stars that lit my horizon"; I don't know if that is just poetic licence or if his natal Jupiter in Scorpio is rising.

I thought of the holocaust, when Pluto and IsisTranspluto were conjunct in around 2 degrees Leo, as the unbelievable human pain that fuelled the subsequent economic boom, some sort of sacrifice to the gods. Just as the moment of spiritual power around 1984 was used for commercial gain and thus destroyed. I could be wrong, but my feeling towards the "great and the good" famous people especially of the nineteenth century is that they were not better than people who suffered poverty and lived in basements and couldn't read and write....but that is another thought I haven't explained properly.

So yes, I need to actually look at Sedna in charts more. Maybe it is an important key that shouldn't be ignored.

I need an ephemeris for Sedna, it seems to have been around 2 degrees Taurus around 1973.

Re: Sedna conjoining Algol June 2017

Vicki wrote:Sedna is a trans Neptunian planet discovered in 2003 which is of particular interest to me, in mundane astrology, not so much in natal astrology.

What especially interests me is its lengthy orbital period estimated to be around 11600 years. This makes it of significance in world affairs, in looking at longer time periods than the outer planets can do.

All the other trans Neptunian planets discovered in recent years such as Eris, Orcus, Haumea etc. have similar orbital periods to Pluto i.e. around 250 years (give or take).

There are likely to be many more discoveries made in the Kuiper Belt and Oort cloud (Planet X etc.) I like to think that other planets will be discovered with orbital periods similar to Sedna and even greater. I?m very keen on the idea of a planet being discovered that has an orbital period which is as long or longer than the precessional cycle of 25,000 years plus.

All this to me is symbolic of the potential expansion of human consciousness (well some of humanity anyway!). We may be better able as astrologers to trace the cycles of progress and downfall of humanity.

As of 26th June 2017 Sedna exactly conjoined Algol at 26 Taurus 24. Sedna was discovered in 2003 at 18 Taurus beginning to move into the influence of Algol.
Sedna and the Algol influence has coloured a whole time period since the early years of this century. (Note also that the Jupiter/Saturn conjunction of May 2000 was at 22Taurus43).

Sedna with its lengthy orbital period was almost at a standstill in the early years AD at its aphelion symbolising the very depths of the Dark Ages and now it moves to its perihelion thus moving much faster. Hopefully this symbolises the progress of humanity despite the dark forces which would try to drag us back to the Dark Ages.

As a final note, when Sedna was discovered, Uranus was at 28 Aquarius on an axis with Isistranspluto at 27 Leo. I have found this axis to have huge occult significance. I have seen it time and time again in the charts of astrologers, psychics, occult researchers etc. etc.
I fully agree with you that the discovery of further planets far out in the solar system, perhaps even of a dwarf star accompanying the Sun, would be not only astronomically significant, but also of great astrological relevance.

Sedna's unusual orbit may actually be the result of the gravitational influence of a yet unknown companion star, and I look at this TNO as some kind of link, much like, on another level, the centaurs.

I wrote two articles about hypothetical bodies at the periphery of the solar system for my blog:

https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/ ... predicted/

https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/ ... revisited/

Of course, I will post any further insights there as well. You are very welcome to subscribe, so you won't miss them. :)

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/

Fleur wrote:Maybe I will set my charts to show Sedna.

Recently I was surprised as I knew with certainty that something had transited over a specific part of my chart and the elements I use constantly hadn't done. I looked up the Astrodienst ephemeris I always use, and they offer the Black Moon Lilith as standard, and she was transiting exactly conjunct this planet in my chart.

I tend to regard Sedna and Eris and other objects in that area as Moons of IsisTranspluto. These objects are visible and IsisTranspluto isn't, but I think she is just as important and lies in a different planet making her invisible to Time maybe.
Fleur,

I have read before that you think of TNOs as moons of IsisTranspluto, but I am not sure what you mean.

Moons are orbiting a planet (and stay close to it), whereas Eris and Sedna are far away from IsisTranspluto's hypothetical position and each other, and follow their own independent orbits around the Sun.

Visit my blog:

Michael, I accept what you say about Sedna's orbit, and I meant to use the term "Moons" loosely.

I haven't found Sedna or Eris to have any effect astrologically, and gave up looking at them, but maybe I should keep half an eye on them anyway. From what Vicki posted about the 28 degree Aquarius Leo axis and mundane astrology, I was curious exactly when Sedna entered Taurus? Looking through charts, Sedna was in 2 degrees Taurus in 1970. It moves very slowly. I wish I could find an ephemeris for it. Edit: found an ephemeris for Sedna on Astrodienst, and it entered 0 degrees Taurus on 9th July 1965. (Weirdly, I just noticed that when I started this post, the Moon was at 2 degrees Taurus).

The degree area Vicki refers to might tie in with an area I have studied at 28.5 degrees of the fixed signs, and their antiscia at 1.5 degrees of the fixed signs. Though these powerful ultra slow moving planets are probably palpable before they are within one degree applying. I am not precisely sure of the exact areas, I have just used those as a working guide.

The American Ephemeris, which I use as my paper version, has Ceres bang in the place I would like to see Phaethon, between Mars and Jupiter; so it is there to see all the time and I have never seen it show anything useful or meaningful. I think Astrodienst might have more information on Sedna and Eris.

Michael I've replied to your first link(more like a question!). I think I've subscribed :D and I'd forgotten that I have an account with Wordpress which is from a time some years ago when I made an ill fated attempt to set up my own blog !

Fleur have you seen this for an ephemeris for Sedna ? :-

http://www.richardbrown.com/astrology/N ... -eph.shtml

Interesting that you've found that 28 Aquarius degree and antiscion associated with music as well. From a fixed star point of view I'm not sure why that might be.

I don't use Sedna or any other TNO in natal astrology at all and only a limited use in mundane astrology. Without wishing to go too deep I would say that for me Sedna meeting Algol is one disaffected Goddess meeting another and represents to me the subversion of the female principle which is the fundamental reason for all our ills. I am not advocating a return to worship of the Goddess (I don't wish anyone to worship anything - humanity needs to get off its knees!). Matriarchal society was just as cruel as Patriarchal society has been.

It is a balance of the male and female principle that we badly need but which may be unachievable here on Earth in the material realm cf. the myth of Isis and Osiris.

Sedna was discovered when at 18 Taurus and the fixed stars in that area of the zodiac concern the myth of Andromeda, Cepheus, Cassiopeia and Cetus which relates to our embodiment in the material realm. The chained sacrifice of Andromeda symbolises the enslavement of women and thus to me the subversion of the female principle which has dominated and continues to dominate this wonderful age of Pisces.

Note also Fleur that Uranus was at 28 Aquarius when Sedna was discovered !

Thanks Vicki, I had a look at your ephemeris link and will try to work with one of the ephemerides offered there.

I tried putting Sedna in the chart of somebody whose images seeped into my dreams recently, who fascinated me. The artist Laurence Stephen Lowry. It is a noon chart, as I do not know his time of birth; too fascinating a character not to try with minimal information though. Transits are for the date of his death, to give an idea of all the transits of Sedna during his lifetime. His Venus is 26 degrees Virgo 50 minutes, giving an antiscia of 3 degrees Aries 10 minutes. So his Venus' antiscion is conjunct Sedna, and square IsisTranspluto. I don't know if people here know anything about him, but he was known as being a lifelong bachelor who because of his critical and damaging mother never had a relationship with a woman, and he suffered depression all his life, which only painting gave him respite from. From everything I have seen, I would link Venus with depression more than any other planet, though Mars might also have an effect and Mars is usually indicated in suicide charts, natally and being transited to at the time. Venus does seem to be linked with art.

His Neptune at 29 degrees Taurus links with your 28 degrees Aquarius Leo degree areas, that I use the placeholder word "gothic" for. It makes a 45 degree semisquare aspect to his Uranus.

Vicki wrote:Michael I've replied to your first link(more like a question!). I think I've subscribed :D and I'd forgotten that I have an account with Wordpress which is from a time some years ago when I made an ill fated attempt to set up my own blog !
Vicky,

I don't see the email address attached to your comment among "followers", so I am not sure if your subscription was successful. If it was, you should have received a message now anyway, as I replied to your comment. BTW, you don't need a Wordpress account in order to follow a blog, your email address by itself will do.

Visit my blog:

Michael I think I've subscribed now!

Fleur try Aquarius rising for Lowry. It would put Saturn in the 7th and that always denotes late marriage, no marriage or one of duty, responsibility and restriction. Also Saturn then squares the Sun, Lord 7. Moon in house 4.

Regarding the later degrees of Aquarius which are dominated by the stars of Cygnus I quote Diana Rosenberg commenting on the Veil Nebula in Cygnus at 27 Aquarius 30 (2K) :- " they enjoy the secretive, mysterious trappings of magic, sleight-of-hand conjuring and hidden knowledge granted by the study of ancient texts and the occult; some have mystical or visionary experiences, and the artists and writers among them have a nicely honed sense of the gothic and macabre."
I think this fits what you are finding with this degree area.

Vicki wrote:
Fleur try Aquarius rising for Lowry. It would put Saturn in the 7th and that always denotes late marriage, no marriage or one of duty, responsibility and restriction. Also Saturn then squares the Sun, Lord 7. Moon in house 4.
I tried Aquarius on the Ascendant but it looked a bit bare of planets around the angles. I then tried Aquarius on the Midheaven, 7.25pm birth gives 27.5 degrees Aquarius on the Midheaven and 5 degrees Cancer rising. IsisTranspluto and Chiron conjunct the Ascendant and Sedna in Aries squaring the Ascendant. This would put loads of planets in the twelfth house, Moon, Neptune and Pluto. And Uranus, Sun and Jupiter in the fifth house of creativity.

I need to search through biographies to see if a birth time was actually recorded. The way Lowry paints light does suggest maybe he was born just after the Sun had set, on a November evening in Manchester. When he first started painting one of his tutors criticised his paintings as being too dark, so he started contrasting them with his iconic white light. I did read that his mother was disappointed with his birth that he wasn't a girl, and she was a refined, educated woman so she may have written a diary and recorded the birth time; I will search.